Underachievers... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Underachievers...

jetsh8r

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have been a Dolphin fan since Marino was drafted and have seen alot of good seasons out of our phins. Every year we fall short of meeting the expectations of every publication. Even last year I thought they were crazy, many of them picking us to go 6-10. For some reason, when only a mediocre season is expected, that's what we deliver. Last years Chargers over-achieved and did things that suprised everyone and I think I expect those things out of Miami every year, but our franchise has never delivered as far as I can remember. I was shocked last season with only four wins and I believe we will win 9 or 10 this season, but who knows this team better, me or every sports writer in America. I want to believe we are this years Chargers and back to a playoff team.

We could be the Chargers...
They had an advantage though, familiarity with the coach and scheme. The very thing that can eventually separate us from the rest of the NFL is the same thing that could hinder us this season.

The year Marino retired, they were predicting doom and gloom on Miami. We had Lamar Smith and Jay Fiedler and we won 11 games and advanced in the playoffs.

Let them think we'll suck again, then we'll see their faces come week 1 when Denver with Cleveland's ex-front 4, 3 rookie CB's, and a slew of question mark running backs, with Jake Plummer at the helm, get blown out of the water.

The Franchise said:
The year Marino retired, they were predicting doom and gloom on Miami. We had Lamar Smith and Jay Fiedler and we won 11 games and advanced in the playoffs.

Let them think we'll suck again, then we'll see their faces come week 1 when Denver with Cleveland's ex-front 4, 3 rookie CB's, and a slew of question mark running backs, with Jake Plummer at the helm, get blown out of the water.

:D

i think we are superbowl bound every season, and I am only really optimistic when it comes to the phins. Even this season, I am hyped about our chances. Last year before Ricky left and Boston went down, I thought we could be the third best team in the league behind KC and Indy. I thought we could even take New England. Anyway, with a running game, we should be back ot 10-6 or 11-5. A new scheme is no reason to predict more losses. Besides, they are still playing football, but now standing in different places to start, and disguising defensive sets and blitz packages. We have always had defensive talent, but now have a real scheme to go with it.

Back
Top Bottom