Underclassman Update | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Underclassman Update

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
He's been out 48 hrs or so, but a guy flying under the radar is Middle Tennessee State LT Willie Hall. The kid has great size at 6-6 and 310lbs, has started for the Blue Raiders for 2 and a half years, had a conference record 99 knockdowns this past season who has consistently graded out in the high 80's game on game. I've never seen him play, but those who have say he could make the 4th round as he has nice footwork and a decent upside.

Don't expect anything from Vince Young till post the Rose Bowl. There will be plenty of chat, but nothing concrete till then allegedly. I still think he's coming out.

Looks like an already very strong LB draft is set to get even stronger with a player I really like and who would fit Saban's system really well, Kai Parham set to declare. Great size/speed, rangy, big hitter, can get to the sidelines and make plays.

And something I posted upstairs earlier on.......look for the Jets to possibly position themselves to draft Jay Cutler and pick up another pick in the process. If they don't trade John Abraham to San Diego for Philip Rivers, then this could be the direction they go in. This doesn't bode well at all for Chad Pennington who may well be done.

Not a great deal, but something for you draft nuts to chew on.

Thanks again Simon... Listen if thats the case with the Jets, where in the first rd do you see Cutler going?

Thanks, and Happy Hollidays you and your family!!

You too mate.

Who knows. It's hard to plug him anywhere until he gets to those practices in Mobile. I'd say anything below 20 currently makes me uncomfortable

thanks, boomer! it's great having these bits of information. all the best to you and yours this holiday season! isn't it your daughter's first christmas?

Boomer, is Middle Tennessee State the school we got Wade Smith from? If so, I'd almost have to put the whammy on Willie Hall just for that.

And who did you hear Abraham to San Diego for Phil Rivers from? That trade doesn't make much sense for any involved.

Hey Boom, are the Jets truly interested in Cutler. Which team do you see him on next year based on what you have heard around the league, Jets, Fins:confused:

We got Wade Smith from Memphis. :)

I too believe that the Jets are seriously in the QB market. Pennington is done.

ckparrothead said:
Boomer, is Middle Tennessee State the school we got Wade Smith from? If so, I'd almost have to put the whammy on Willie Hall just for that.

And who did you hear Abraham to San Diego for Phil Rivers from? That trade doesn't make much sense for any involved.

I thought Wade came from Memphis.

The Rivers thing has been around for a while, the Abraham thing was floated by Colin Lindsay as one of the possible options.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Hey Boom, are the Jets truly interested in Cutler. Which team do you see him on next year based on what you have heard around the league, Jets, Fins:confused:

Too early to tell mate. You'll start to get a true sense around January time and in Mobile. The Herald made mention to Cutler being a passer that interested them, so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom