Underclassman Update

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Boomer, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Boomer

Boomer FinHeaven Elite

He's been out 48 hrs or so, but a guy flying under the radar is Middle Tennessee State LT Willie Hall. The kid has great size at 6-6 and 310lbs, has started for the Blue Raiders for 2 and a half years, had a conference record 99 knockdowns this past season who has consistently graded out in the high 80's game on game. I've never seen him play, but those who have say he could make the 4th round as he has nice footwork and a decent upside.

Don't expect anything from Vince Young till post the Rose Bowl. There will be plenty of chat, but nothing concrete till then allegedly. I still think he's coming out.

Looks like an already very strong LB draft is set to get even stronger with a player I really like and who would fit Saban's system really well, Kai Parham set to declare. Great size/speed, rangy, big hitter, can get to the sidelines and make plays.

And something I posted upstairs earlier on.......look for the Jets to possibly position themselves to draft Jay Cutler and pick up another pick in the process. If they don't trade John Abraham to San Diego for Philip Rivers, then this could be the direction they go in. This doesn't bode well at all for Chad Pennington who may well be done.

Not a great deal, but something for you draft nuts to chew on.

2. PHINSfan

PHINSfan FinHeaven VIP

Thanks again Simon... Listen if thats the case with the Jets, where in the first rd do you see Cutler going?

Thanks, and Happy Hollidays you and your family!!

3. Boomer

Boomer FinHeaven Elite

You too mate.

Who knows. It's hard to plug him anywhere until he gets to those practices in Mobile. I'd say anything below 20 currently makes me uncomfortable

4. DPlus47

DPlus47 Out with LaMaga, in with Talita!

thanks, boomer! it's great having these bits of information. all the best to you and yours this holiday season! isn't it your daughter's first christmas?

5. fearthefins

fearthefins Well-Known Member

Hey boomer i know this is a underclassman topic,but what do you think about Dusty Dvorocek.

6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Boomer, is Middle Tennessee State the school we got Wade Smith from? If so, I'd almost have to put the whammy on Willie Hall just for that.

And who did you hear Abraham to San Diego for Phil Rivers from? That trade doesn't make much sense for any involved.

7. Bjorn

Bjorn Go Giants

Hey Boom, are the Jets truly interested in Cutler. Which team do you see him on next year based on what you have heard around the league, Jets, Fins:confused:

8. Muck

Muck Now completely imaginary Hammered

We got Wade Smith from Memphis. :)

I too believe that the Jets are seriously in the QB market. Pennington is done.

9. NewEra8

NewEra8 2004 1-AA National Champs

great read man

10. Tar Phin

Tar Phin FinHeaven VIP

Admit it. You just posted that to give us a glipse of that avatar.:)

11. mbsinmisc

mbsinmisc Pro Bowler

nice ***

12. RunningBackGuru

RunningBackGuru Perennial All-Pro

I was just thinking of that. :lol:

13. Bjorn

Bjorn Go Giants

very Very nice.:eek:

14. Boomer

Boomer FinHeaven Elite

I thought Wade came from Memphis.

The Rivers thing has been around for a while, the Abraham thing was floated by Colin Lindsay as one of the possible options.

15. Boomer

Boomer FinHeaven Elite

Too early to tell mate. You'll start to get a true sense around January time and in Mobile. The Herald made mention to Cutler being a passer that interested them, so we'll see.

16. Boomer

Boomer FinHeaven Elite

No worries mate.

And thanks. Technically it's her 2nd, but she was only 15 days old last year, so.........

17. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

Well if Cutler goes to the Jests maybe Lineart will fall to us. We'll we shall see what happens I believe the Jests shall take Bush, Cutler seems like a huge reach for them at this point and kep in mnd everything will change if Young declares.

BTW Boomer, many thanks for the info.

18. Jnaledu3

Jnaledu3 Perennial All-Pro

No way Leinart falls that far. Boomer meant that the Jets would 'position themselves' probably by trading down, and then selecting him- or maybe they think he will fall to the second, where they have an early pick.

I dont know what their cap situation is with Pennington, but Im sure it would hurt them if they just let him go. I think they will give him one more shot, and cover themselves by taking a QB in the second or third rounds.

19. DPlus47

DPlus47 Out with LaMaga, in with Talita!

i wasn't sure. she probably didn't care much about christmas last year! i hope we're all still posting here when she gets a little older and starts grading her first NFL prospects...