Undrafted: Jakeem Grant | NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Undrafted: Jakeem Grant | NFL

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Just in case you missed what they were saying about him when he came out of college. He was too small, he was not strong enough. etc. It's like Jason Taylor says,"It happens all the time, it's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. "

Weaknesses
Hard to ignore his diminutive frame. Scouts are concerned about ability to hold up against NFL hitters. Small catch radius requires more accurate quarterback. Gears down unnecessarily at times within his routes. Limited route runner on collegiate level and often used as "catch and run" weapon. Average ball tracker down the field. Tagged with 23 drops over last three seasons. Gets in hurry as kick returner and needs more patience.

Draft Projection
Rounds 6 or 7
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jakeem-grant?id=2556190

Last edited:
Have him go big in a real games consistently and I think then he will have a story to tell. But yes, so far so good this year.

wonder how his speed would compare to the kid Ross that set the record. hopefully he emerges a bit as a receiver (like it seems he is in the process of) to many weapons on offense for teams to deal with.

He's definitely a weapon with unbelievable stop and start ability. Those weaknesses are pretty spot on coming out of college, but he has worked hard and it will be interesting to see how he progresses.

You just know Gase will want to find ways to get the ball in Grants hands 3-5 times a game. That should be the plan.

How is a drafted guy on a show for undrafted, I haven't watched the show before...please explain, thanks.

The show follows a few players who are expected to be late rounders or undrafted.

It adds suspense and a bit of heartbreak when these guys expect to get drafted and aren't, but it's good to have the flip side of the coin too.

Not many before the draft thought he was going to be drafted and I believe these episodes were made before the draft. I guess because his story was so compelling they decided to air it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom