United States vs. Belgium thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

United States vs. Belgium thread

WestPhish

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Let's get this party started!....who's got the edge?

Oybjbj5-1.png

Both of my great grandfathers on my Mom's side fought for Belgium against the Germans, one in WWI, and the other in WWI and WWII. They were both captured and made POW's. You guys have no idea how hard it was for them being a country of about 12 million fighting the Germans. My Mom was about 10 years old when the Germans came marching through the streets of Belgium and wiped them out. They didn't have much of a military but they put up a decent fight and they were part of the resistance, and didn't just waive the white flag like the Frenchies. :lol:

My grandparents owned a bar in Brussels and they had to serve the Germans during the occupation. My Mom had it really tough, but thankfully most of the family made it through the war. My dad was a U.S. Marine stationed at the U.S. Embassy in Brussels in the 1950's, and he met my Mom and they got married a year later. I have the best parents in the world, and glad they are still around and doing well in their 80's. I will be happy no matter who wins. :brewskis:

if the USA play like they did in the group games, they'll have every chance to advance. Belgium underwhelmed in all of their games, but really struggled against a very aggressive and physical Algeria team.

Belgium killed us last year in a friendly, but a lot has changed. And the team does not look nearly as good with Lukaku as the main striker with Benteke out injured.

But that defense with guys like Mirallas, Hazard, and the Fro running the offense will be a bitch to deal with.

I have to give it to the Belgians, they have damn fine beer and chocolate. Regardless, they must lose despite my fondness for their wares.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have to give it to the Belgians, they have damn fine beer and chocolate. Regardless, they must lose despite my fondness for their wares.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

And waffles.

This Tuesday....

pmFMDTf-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom