United States Vs Paraguay Friendly official thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

United States Vs Paraguay Friendly official thread

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Goalkeepers (2): Joe Cannon (out of contract), Kasey Keller (Tottenham Hotspur)
Defenders (5): Carlos Bocanegra (Chicago Fire), Dan Califf (Los Angeles Galaxy), Cory Gibbs (FC St. Pauli), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Greg Vanney (FC Bastia)
Midfielders (7): DaMarcus Beasley (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (D.C. United), Eddie Lewis (Preston North End), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Richard Mulrooney (San Jose Earthquakes), Claudio Reyna (Sunderland), Earnie Stewart (D.C. United)
Forwards (4): Landon Donovan (San Jose Earthquakes), Clint Mathis (MetroStars), Brian McBride (Columbus Crew), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards)

That is the US roster.

That is basically going to be the Gold Cup roster, although I am surprised they are taking Cannon over Hahnemann. This roster is a lot better than the one we had for the Confederations Cup. Keller is a very good keeper who was second last year in the EPL in saves (of course Friedel was first). Keller would have gotten a lot more recognition if he didn't play behind the worst defense in the EPL.

The defense looks like the same thing as the Confed Cup except there is no Cherundolo (because he is going back to Europe) and no Berhalter (thank god)

The midfield looks a lot better with Reyna. I am happy to see him back. However, he might get a transfer out of Sunderland since they got relegated. He might go to Blackburn (where I hope he goes), Manchester City, or a bunch of other clubs. I don't know why Mulrooney is there, Martino played really well in his only Confed Cup game but I think he might be hurt.

The forwards look a lot better than they did in the Confed Cup. Although I hate to admit it, Wolff is an improvement over what we brought, and McBride is one of our best players.

We will easily beat El Salvador and Martinique, and we have a good chance at winning this tournament.

Oh, and we are better than Paraguay too. This game is a preparation game for the Gold Cup.

Back
Top Bottom