Universal Draft on the Sun Sentinel Week 6 - Combine News & Nolan's Defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Universal Draft on the Sun Sentinel Week 6 - Combine News & Nolan's Defense

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spo...log/2010/03/analyzing_the_draft_week_6_1.html

Simon takes on position by position Combine developments, along with Miami meetings.

Then I follow up with a look at how Nolan's defense worked in Denver, and what it might mean for Karlos Dansby as a potential free agent signee, and what jobs we might be able to fill via the draft.

Incidentally, and this isn't in the article, but I fully believe that Mike Nolan would be the driving force behind Miami's (rumored) pending contract offer to Antrel Rolle. I focused mostly on the use of linebackers in Nolan's scheme, but one thing is clear via Nolan's history. He wants a crafty veteran free safety. I don't think Miami currently has the cog he wants there and I'm sure he wishes, even though it would have made his life harder last year, that Miami had kept Renaldo Hill.

Execellent breakdown I especially liked the idea of spending 12 on another position, and filling the other roles.

Wow. I'm only halfway through and must say it is an awesome read. As always you guys do great work, CK. Give my best to Simon.

Outstanding read!!!!!

While reading (might have gotten wrong lol), one of biggest differences to PP defense I found was the SOLB. In PP 1st year he had Matt Roth and this year JT, who was asked to put on weight. They pencilled in Roth for the starting job before his injury and it seem PP wanted a rush stop 1st pass rush 2nd SOLB, while Nolan wants more of a, is it fair to say a Julian Peterson, finesse type of guy? I can see, why they now consider Dansby for that position.

Superb analysis, I loved it

That was quite possibly the most informative article I've ever read. The part about Nolan's defense that is. Dan Williams has been my guy at 12, but watching look stiff, and then his inconsistent motor on tape, I've changed my mind.

My main problem with Earl Thomas was his weight/strength. He really answered those questions and moved up with me. I'd love Thomas/Worilds/Spikes or Edds in some form. The WR I most want later on if we wait is Blair White, though is a lot like Hartline.

Parcells has always developed NT's later in the draft.

CK, what are your thoughts on Long from Louisville and Harbor from Missouri State. Any of those guys a prospect for one of the 6th rounders, in addition to an OL'man?

I'd go with Graham or Spoon round 1 than Worilds or Graham/PITTA (TE) round 2 and a NT in round 3.

Back
Top Bottom