Unofficial 2013 Dolphins Depth Chart - UPDATED 09/03/13 At 6:38PM ET | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unofficial 2013 Dolphins Depth Chart - UPDATED 09/03/13 At 6:38PM ET

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls, attached to this thread, you can download a Depth Chart in PDF format for the 2013 Miami Dolphins. This is a way we can follow our team being built.

As players are added/released/numbers changed, etc. this Depth Chart will be updated to reflect those changes. Of course this is NOT an official depth chart for the 2013 season. The only official depth chart will be released by head coach Joe Philbin during training camp. This is a nice way to follow our team and where we stand position wise during free agency and the draft, that just a plain roster list can not.

Since changes to the depth chart can change on a daily basis and from practice to practice, it is possible the depth chart could be updated more than once during the course of any given day. Since that is the case, in addition to giving the date that it was updated, I will also include the time in Eastern Standard Time that it was updated.

Players in BLUE indicate unsigned Restricted Free Agents that the Dolphins have placed tenders on. Another team is welcome to try and sign these players, but may be required to give the Dolphins compensation in return. Also, if signed by another team, the Dolphins have the right to match the offer and retain the player.

Players in GREEN indicate unsigned Exclusive-Rights Free Agents that the Dolphins have placed tenders on. These players have two choices, A) Accept the offer and play for the Dolphins, or B) Refuse the offer and sit out the season. These players can not talk to any other NFL team. As long as the Dolphins made a qualifying offer, the team will hold their rights for the entire 2013 season.

Players in RED indicate unsigned 2013 NFL Draft choices made by the Dolphins.

Player in ORANGE indicate unsigned Franchise Tag recipient.

Players in PURPLE indicate unconfirmed undrafted free agent signings. Color will be removed once the Dolphins officially announce the signing.

Don't see one of your favorite players from last year on this list? Most likely it is because those players are unrestricted free agents and free to sign with any team in the league. However, the Dolphins could bring back any of these players by either A) Signing them to a new contract, or B) Giving the player the Franchise or Transition Tag.

Please feel free to offer your input, discuss the roster and point out any mistakes or updates.

Please enjoy!

Attachments

• depthchart2013.pdf
    28.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:
Good work. The only reason I included the restricted and exclusive rights free agents is because they are most likely going to be back with the team.

Yeah you're right, especially the ERFAs. I'm actually curious if we non-tender a bunch of our RFAs and re-sign them cheaper. I can't see guys like Moore being tendered for around $1.3 million, even non-guaranteed.

Yeah you're right, especially the ERFAs. I'm actually curious if we non-tender a bunch of our RFAs and re-sign them cheaper. I can't see guys like Moore being tendered for around $1.3 million, even non-guaranteed.

well our gm tendered Murtha at even more last year so its not out of question

well our gm tendered Murtha at even more last year so its not out of question

That's true, although Murtha was expected to back up both tackle spots and that's a valuable thing. I don't think the team values Moore nearly as high (as indicated by the fact his snaps decreased the last month of the season behind Matthews and Binns) so I don't expect it'd take a $1 million+ tender to keep him. They can non-tender him and offer him a new deal for around the minimum.

It just looks scary seeing McDonald and Binns starting on offense and Wilson on defense. Obviously that won't be the case when the season starts. LOL

They don't have any advantage to non-tender a player and bring him to camp because it's not guaranteed anyway. Murtha and Merling are 2 good examples of players who were tendered, signed then released without any penalties whatsoever...

watch out for terrell sinkfield!! undrafted wr from northern iowa same as kurt warner

Has anyone checked out this website? They're pretty good at updating the team depth chart throughout the year it seems. I just found it today, but it already has Clabo penciled in as of this afternoon.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/MIA
Many years ago Ourlads used to be my go to site for updated depth charts. Then all of a sudden(around 2007 I think) they decided to become a subscription site and forced you to pay an annual fee to be able to access the depth charts. That is the time when I decided that I can just make my own version of the depth chart and share it with others for free, and have been posting it on FinHeaven ever since I joined the staff in 2008.

In the last couple of years Ourlads ditched the subscription idea and now it is back up free. They do a terrific job and keep it updated and I check it when I am looking for depth charts for other teams. As for the Dolphins I still continue to produce my own version, mostly because I think I can still get it more accurate then them. Obviously guess work is still a big part of these offseason depth charts, because no one knows for sure what Philbin is thinking. But some things I see on Ourlads that I disagree with is that they have Don Jones listed as a safety, it has been reported locally that they see him as a cornerback. They have Thomas as the starting running back when the consensus is that Miller is the starter. They have Jordan listed as a starting defensive end when I believe Odrick will be the primary starter but Jordan will be more of a passing down rusher in his first year. Yeatman at right tackle when he finished the year at left tackle? I don't agree with that either.

Ourlads is a great site, I just don't think they are as plugged in as we are to what the Dolphins plans are.

Thanks for the info. I noticed a few of those differences as well. The biggest surprise to me was seeing D. Thomas as our starting RB. He could possibly end up 3rd behind Miller and Gillislee when all is said and done. I think Taylor has a very good chance of stepping in and taking the starting job from Marshall.

Many years ago Ourlads used to be my go to site for updated depth charts. Then all of a sudden(around 2007 I think) they decided to become a subscription site and forced you to pay an annual fee to be able to access the depth charts. That is the time when I decided that I can just make my own version of the depth chart and share it with others for free, and have been posting it on FinHeaven ever since I joined the staff in 2008.

In the last couple of years Ourlads ditched the subscription idea and now it is back up free. They do a terrific job and keep it updated and I check it when I am looking for depth charts for other teams. As for the Dolphins I still continue to produce my own version, mostly because I think I can still get it more accurate then them. Obviously guess work is still a big part of these offseason depth charts, because no one knows for sure what Philbin is thinking. But some things I see on Ourlads that I disagree with is that they have Don Jones listed as a safety, it has been reported locally that they see him as a cornerback. They have Thomas as the starting running back when the consensus is that Miller is the starter. They have Jordan listed as a starting defensive end when I believe Odrick will be the primary starter but Jordan will be more of a passing down rusher in his first year. Yeatman at right tackle when he finished the year at left tackle? I don't agree with that either.

Ourlads is a great site, I just don't think they are as plugged in as we are to what the Dolphins plans are.

can you give the finheaven 2 deep depth chart? my word wont work

Back
Top Bottom