Up-and-down day for Miami Dolphins' Ricky Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Up-and-down day for Miami Dolphins' Ricky Williams

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Coaches love Dolphins running back Ricky Williams because of his work ethic, and they know what they are going to get.

They got what they expected on Sunday in a 14-10 victory against the Jacksonville Jaguars, with some extra stuff that falls on each side of the plus-minus ledger.

The plus side: 108 yards on 28 carries, one touchdown and his fourth 100-yard game in the past five. In his next game, Williams will cross the 1,000-yard mark for the first time since his years as the NFL's rushing leader in 2002 and 2003.

Especially early, the Dolphins took advantage of the middle of a Jaguars defense that was missing its best lineman, tackle John Henderson.

The minus side: Three fumbles, one of which was lost and killed a drive just as it reached the edge of field-goal range.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1380609.html

I just hope we are not grinding him down to much. I believe the coaching staff realized this and that is why Henne has been throwing a lot more so Ricky does not have to carry the load as much.

I just hope we are not grinding him down to much. I believe the coaching staff realized this and that is why Henne has been throwing a lot more so Ricky does not have to carry the load as much.

I think Ricky getting the rock too much is a problem (that may have indirectly influenced his fumbles) but the solution to that isn't just to pass more, we have to give the other guys a chance to carry the ball as well. A lot of Ricky's runs really weren't going that far and there isn't a reason why Lex couldn't be taking more carries away. Unfortunately, everytime Lex has gotten the ball recently there has been penetration and no running lanes. Today, all I really saw in the spell Ricky department was them using Lex as kind of a third down back.

Back
Top Bottom