*Updated* amazing mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Updated* amazing mock

kaos913

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Round 1- Levi Brown.. Boring pick but it fixes the OT spot for years (hopefully) UNLESS QUINN IS STILL ON THE BOARD
*after the 1st 2 days of training camp, alabi is showing nothing and the LT position is by far the weakest Fins position.*
*Round 2- Swap first 2nd round pick with Raiders and give them our 4th round pick*
Round 2- Ryan Kalil- Best center in the draft, follows Cams philosophy of fixing the trenches before anything else.
Round 2- Trent Edwards- Most intriguing QB prospect IMO, scouts say his fundamentals are best in the draft, will have a year or two behind another Trent perhaps? Plus, Kolb, coming out of Houston will be a huge prospect as he played mostly in shotgun. Beck is something like 28 years old already. And Stanton, IMO, losing his composure and can be very mistake prone at times. We all know how long those QBs last down here in Miami.
Round 3- Paul Solai- Huge run stuffing NT that fits perfectly into Fins defensive scheme... Still raw, will have a year to learn behind 38 year old Traylor
Round 6- C.J. Gaddis- saftey from clemson. Originally had a CB here but with the recent news of J. Allen moving (hopefully permanently) to CB, a project at S/special teamer would be better here.
Round 6- CJ Ah You - Fast, natural pass rushing DE, fits Fins defensive scheme
Round 7-Kyle Cook- Michigan State OG, read that Fins are interested in this guy. good late round addition
Round 7 (soon-to-be newly acquired pick from Rams)-Michael Allan- Whitworth TE, fast, nice sized TE, will need a year atleast but may have potential
Round 7- Tala Esera- OT from Hawaii who will project as a guard. Comes from a pass-happy offense so knows how to protect the QB in passing downs. Polynesian/Pacific native offensive linemen turn out well?? just a thought

I addressed the oline and aging dline day 1 and added a nice QB prospect (although drafting Quinn would be great). Day 2 is more for depth and maybe a steal somewhere? who knows.
I didnt address the reciever position bc I think Cam will give this group, more specifically, Chambers, one more year to correct things. Plus, looking back at Cams past teams, Chiefs and Chargers, good recievers were not part of the equation. We also have a bunch of speedy recievers ie. Campbell, Hakim to fill in the last reciever spots. I didn't draft a punter bc Fins can always find a guy off the streets/nfl europe/other teams practice squads etc. Jones was awesome but not worth the $$$. Plus, Cam knows how to find Olinemen steals, rather him take a shot on some no-name guard/tackle in the 6/7th round than get a punter.

We don't need a C, we need LT, or LG. and personally I think Brown will be a bust. I would rather trade down and get Staley.

Rex Hadnot was OKAY... but with Cam as the new guy, hes gonna turn miami into his version of the chargers, meaning start from the trenches.. get the best guys on the Oline and Kalil is one of the safest picks in the draft.. and you say that Brown is a bust which is idiotic to call someone a bust, check this out from a fellow finheaven-er...
http://nflblogs.profootballweekly.c...ators_say_brown_is_better_ot_than_thomas.html

Ch Ah You- We had better not get him....absolutely not...
This is from Scott Wright
Is not very physical...Lacks top quickness and agility...Can be too aggressive at times...Has a hard time shedding blocks...Sub par versus the run...Durability is a concern...Has some big character issues...A little older than the normal prospect.

Last name is pronounced "I-uu"...He began his career at B.Y.U. but transferred to Snow Junior College after a knee injury, a fight with a teammate and some other off-the-field trouble...Returned to B.Y.U. in '04 but left again and finally wound up at OU...Profiles as more of a backup...Talented but he will drop for other reasons

Kalil and Brown? That is a bit far-fetched me thinks. I like the Oline at all costs, but we have many many areas to address.

No Dlineman please!!!!! Can't we take a break on defense and go crazy on offense for one year. Please just one year. We were terrible last year on offense. Please just offense. We haven't made the playoffs in 5 years because our offense sucks. Alright maybe a safety and pass rusher (DE/LB) but the rest offense. What's the downside? Everybody predicts we're going 4-12 anyway!

i like meriweather with our first second round pick if dallas or philly doesnt take him or beason, if the colts havent taken him in the first

We don't need a C, we need LT, or LG. and personally I think Brown will be a bust. I would rather trade down and get Staley.

All this talk about LT could be moot. Just remember that. Cus Brady Quinn is the golden egg and Quinn has said we are the team that has shown the greatest interest in him. That says alot.

I agree with several parts of your post, and the main one is moving up in the 2nd to get Kalil. Every NFL analyst says that this kid will start from day 1 and be a fixture for 10 years. If you see video of him he is very quick off the ball, can hold up against larger DT's, and the biggest thing is his ability get to the 2nd level and block LB's. I have seen numerous plays where he combo blocks a DT with the guard and then moves to seal off the LB. To be able to get a 10 year starter who has a chance to be a future Pro Bowl type player is a good thing.

What I would change is taking Levi Brown with #9 since I am not sold on him, but I do agree with the fact that we need help at LT in case Alabi does not work out. I would prefer to see us trade down in the 1st 4-6 spots and take the BPA, and with the 2nd or 3rd rounder we pick up for doing this we would package it with our later 2nd rounder to move up to the late 1st round/early
2nd to get Kalil. With the pick we moved down from #9 to say #15 we could take any one of the following players - Willis at LB, Olsen at TE, Houston at CB, Ginn or Meachem at WR, or Staley at LT. We could get the same result as your scenario but save a pick.

I also agree with taking a QB in the 2nd and I can't say that Edwards would be a bad pick, but I would take a look at some video on Bech at BYU and Kolb from Houston. Beck has a very quick release and is very accurate, and he is a bit older (25) but he is not Methusula either. Kolb has a very good arm and throws very accurate on the run with a strong arm. While he has been a shotgun QB for the most part so was Manning at Tennessee and Vince Young at Texas. Being under center can be learned, and the key thing is what is their decision making like under pressure, do they have good field vision, can they see what is happening before it happens, and lastly do they have enough arm strengh where they can get the ball to where it needs to be with enough zip. Some QB's have rocket launchers but cannot read coverage, and other QB's see what is happening but cannot deliver the ball to certain windows when they open. For WR help I would like for WR's who have hands and speed, but maybe they played for a team or in a system that did not utilize the passing game much and never got a chance to showcase their skills. I also think Moore the WR from the U could be a good pick in the
4th or 5th round as well.

Rex Hadnot was OKAY... but with Cam as the new guy, hes gonna turn miami into his version of the chargers, meaning start from the trenches.. get the best guys on the Oline and Kalil is one of the safest picks in the draft.. and you say that Brown is a bust which is idiotic to call someone a bust, check this out from a fellow finheaven-er...
http://nflblogs.profootballweekly.c...ators_say_brown_is_better_ot_than_thomas.html

Nice stuff. Brown makes an occasional mistake, but so does Joe Thomas. Thomas has gotten a free ride on the positives and no negatives. Staley is just teams reaching because they know the two best will be gone.

Problem for us could be the phins not being one of the ones who see Brown this way. Supposedly, we run a Coryell offense, which means we covet light in the pants guys like Staley. Now if anyone is a bust a LT, Imo, its Staley, at least in the early going (1-2 years).

All this talk about LT could be moot. Just remember that. Cus Brady Quinn is the golden egg and Quinn has said we are the team that has shown the greatest interest in him. That says alot.

I didn't say it had to be in the first round, but ask any QB, how easy it is to complete a pass, when your getting hammered on your blind side.

I don't think any realistic mock is amazing unless it has Miami getting Quinn with fantastic other picks.

Round 1- Levi Brown.. Boring pick but it fixes the OT spot for years (hopefully) UNLESS QUINN IS STILL ON THE BOARD
*after the 1st 2 days of training camp, alabi is showing nothing and the LT position is by far the weakest Fins position.*
*Round 2- Swap first 2nd round pick with Raiders and give them our 4th round pick*
Round 2- Ryan Kalil- Best center in the draft, follows Cams philosophy of fixing the trenches before anything else.
Round 2- Trent Edwards- Most intriguing QB prospect IMO, scouts say his fundamentals are best in the draft, will have a year or two behind another Trent perhaps? Plus, Kolb, coming out of Houston will be a huge prospect as he played mostly in shotgun. Beck is something like 28 years old already. And Stanton, IMO, losing his composure and can be very mistake prone at times. We all know how long those QBs last down here in Miami.
Round 3- Paul Solai- Huge run stuffing NT that fits perfectly into Fins defensive scheme... Still raw, will have a year to learn behind 38 year old Traylor
Round 6- C.J. Gaddis- saftey from clemson. Originally had a CB here but with the recent news of J. Allen moving (hopefully permanently) to CB, a project at S/special teamer would be better here.
Round 6- CJ Ah You - Fast, natural pass rushing DE, fits Fins defensive scheme
Round 7-Kyle Cook- Michigan State OG, read that Fins are interested in this guy. good late round addition
Round 7 (soon-to-be newly acquired pick from Rams)-Michael Allan- Whitworth TE, fast, nice sized TE, will need a year atleast but may have potential
Round 7- Tala Esera- OT from Hawaii who will project as a guard. Comes from a pass-happy offense so knows how to protect the QB in passing downs. Polynesian/Pacific native offensive linemen turn out well?? just a thought

I addressed the oline and aging dline day 1 and added a nice QB prospect (although drafting Quinn would be great). Day 2 is more for depth and maybe a steal somewhere? who knows.
I didnt address the reciever position bc I think Cam will give this group, more specifically, Chambers, one more year to correct things. Plus, looking back at Cams past teams, Chiefs and Chargers, good recievers were not part of the equation. We also have a bunch of speedy recievers ie. Campbell, Hakim to fill in the last reciever spots. I didn't draft a punter bc Fins can always find a guy off the streets/nfl europe/other teams practice squads etc. Jones was awesome but not worth the $$$. Plus, Cam knows how to find Olinemen steals, rather him take a shot on some no-name guard/tackle in the 6/7th round than get a punter.

I think I missed what is amazing about this.

Back
Top Bottom