Urlacher thinks Zach Thomas deserves HOF recognition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Urlacher thinks Zach Thomas deserves HOF recognition

All-star players on an average defense tend to get overlooked. Zack Thomas didn't get the sexy stats like Jason taylor did (sacks).
Looking back, with players like Jason, Zack, Surtain, and Madison in their prime, I can't believe the defense wasn't awesome.

All-star players on an average defense tend to get overlooked. Zack Thomas didn't get the sexy stats like Jason taylor did (sacks).
Looking back, with players like Jason, Zack, Surtain, and Madison in their prime, I can't believe the defense wasn't awesome.

The defense was pretty awesome. Just not in December or January. ;)

Man I don't think you are remembering this correctly. Our defense was lights out with those guys until 2004. The issue was always the offense from play calling, poor personnel and a limited QB in Jay Feidler.

He was a frumpy quiet guy that went about his business. If he played for say the Cowboys or Giants he'd an eventual lock. Zach is probably the 2nd best mlb of his era (behind Ray Lewis), i think that's deserving of the HoF.

Man I don't think you are remembering this correctly. Our defense was lights out with those guys until 2004. The issue was always the offense from play calling, poor personnel and a limited QB in Jay Feidler.

That 2002-2003 team was one of the best Dolphins teams ever in my opinion. It had the NFL leading rusher and NFL leader in sacks and they still missed the playoffs. Wannstedt wasted a ton of Defensive talent that Jimmy Johnson accumulated with his insistence on Jay Fiedler.

That 2002-2003 team was one of the best Dolphins teams ever in my opinion. It had the NFL leading rusher and NFL leader in sacks and they still missed the playoffs. Wannstedt wasted a ton of Defensive talent that Jimmy Johnson accumulated with his insistence on Jay Fiedler.

Had they drafted Drew Brees in 2001 instead of Jamar Fletcher like everyone thought they would things might have been different.

The 11 point choke in the final 3 min in the last game against NE was one of the worst losses in franchise history. And it was all on horrible coaching. Dumbstadt.

And on those defenses that we had the actually leader was Trace Armstrong. He was actually the leader of the whole team. We just didn't have the QB

Ozzy rules!!

I know Miami has a lot of great players play for the organization. I have been a fan since 1970. Zach is my all time favorite for how he played the game that he was never supposed to see the field due to his limited measurables.The thing they couldn't measure with Zach was his heart and drive to succeed.

Look at how many All-Pro selections (first and second team, but first team especially) Zach Thomas has on his resume. Then compare that against the resumes of a lot of other guys who are already in the Hall of Fame. Then consider that he played during the same era as Ray Lewis, at the same position.

He should be in the Hall already.

Had they drafted Drew Brees in 2001 instead of Jamar Fletcher like everyone thought they would things might have been different.

God to have Drew Brees!! Instead of Fletcher who was a really good zone CB in college which worked perfectly in our man to man system.

Also credit to Jimmy Johnson, not just for drafting him but after signing Jack Del Rio in free agency he just cut him and named ZT the starter and man that paid off but you never heard people talk about that. JJ gave him a real chance and he didn't care who the veteran was. If you could play he'd start you.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom