Urlacher thinks Zach Thomas deserves HOF recognition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Urlacher thinks Zach Thomas deserves HOF recognition

It's a shame he may not ever get in..

He was so good, like Wanny said..A ton of 1st team All Pros with the "best ever" Ray Lewis..

I know Miami has a lot of great players play for the organization. I have been a fan since 1970. Zach is my all time favorite for how he played the game that he was never supposed to see the field due to his limited measurables.The thing they couldn't measure with Zach was his heart and drive to succeed.

So exactly true. Zach is one of my favorite Dolphins of all time. The consummate professional and always the most prepared player on the field. I remember Peyton Manning discussing how Zach always new the playcall, no matter how many changes he made on the line. When Manning points you out as the main reason he struggled to beat the Dolphins in regular season matchups, that speaks volumes about the quality of player you are. He may never get in due to his size, but to me, he epitomizes exactly what kind of player the Hall of Fame should be filled with.

So exactly true. Zach is one of my favorite Dolphins of all time. The consummate professional and always the most prepared player on the field. I remember Peyton Manning discussing how Zach always new the playcall, no matter how many changes he made on the line. When Manning points you out as the main reason he struggled to beat the Dolphins in regular season matchups, that speaks volumes about the quality of player you are. He may never get in due to his size, but to me, he epitomizes exactly what kind of player the Hall of Fame should be filled with.
Nice post bro!

That 2002-2003 team was one of the best Dolphins teams ever in my opinion. It had the NFL leading rusher and NFL leader in sacks and they still missed the playoffs. Wannstedt wasted a ton of Defensive talent that Jimmy Johnson accumulated with his insistence on Jay Fiedler.
I agree but can’t place the blame on wannstedt because Fiedler was trash. There were no better options at the time. It was Jimmys philosophy that we can win with a game manager anyway. In hindsight, that was a mistake

Zack is one of my all time favorites! I still laugh when I think of his farewell speech. He started crying and had nothing to wipe his tears until his wife (I believe) handed him one of those old style baby diapers. That was a funny moment, but it didn't phase him, he kept on, would wipe away those tears as needed, and finished his speech with aplomb. That sort of summed up his career. Being labeled as undersized and too small never kept him from achieving great things. Any LB on our team, heck any player, need only to look at Zack as an example of how to prepare and maximize their potential. Even though Zach always seemed like an afterthought to those except the players who played with him and opposing QB's, he is definitely worthy of being in the HOF. I don't know about McMillan because he was out all season, but we don't have one LB, not a friggin one!, that is worthy of carrying Zach's jock!! They're totally clueless! Combined, they're half the player he was!

There's two jerseys hanging on the wall in my office - Marino and Thomas. That pretty much sums up my opinion on the subject.

There's two jerseys hanging on the wall in my office - Marino and Thomas. That pretty much sums up my opinion on the subject.

I have yet to hear a convincing argument as to why he's not a finalist at the very least.

Zach didn't have a pregame dance and primal scream like Lewis. Urlacher was deployed in a unique MLB role in the Cover 2 scheme. Essentially, he's being overlooked.

Oh, speaking of overlooked, why do I keep seeing support for often injured Tony Boselli? Hello committee! RICHMOND WEBB

I agree but can’t place the blame on wannstedt because Fiedler was trash. There were no better options at the time. It was Jimmys philosophy that we can win with a game manager anyway. In hindsight, that was a mistake

I absolutely blame him. He insisted on Fiedler and refused to bring in any formidable competition.

We of course know he passed on Drew Brees.

That defense was damn near lights out those 3-4 years after Marino retired. That Defense beat the eventual super bowl champion ravens almost entirely on their own.

I do blame Jimmy for not getting a guy in place before Marino left, though he seemed to like Damon Huard. I would of liked to have seen what Jimmy would have done had he stayed a few more years.

Zach was like 5-11 and 240 lbs and that compact frame hit like a Mack truck. Jerome Bettis was a huge RB who a lot of defenders hated to have to tackle and I remember Zach laying a monster hit on him, and then it was like Bettis wanted no part of Zach. Even in his older years when he was traded to the Cowboys he almost killed a wr in practice... that was one of the most vicious hits I've ever seen. He also diagnosed plays super quick, and even though he wasn't fast he was actually very good in coverage. He just seemed to Always be around the ball. I'm certainly biased because he was a phone and one of my all time favorite players but man... no way does that guy not deserve the HOF.

I love Zach attack, he was/is one of my favorite Dolphin players and he should be a finalist for the HOF no doubt about it. Hell, if you can put Terrell Davis in their you can definitely include Zach.

Back
Top Bottom