USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY

I'm a Dolphins fan first and my track/post record here speaks for itself that I do not become enamored with a certain player just because he dons our colors. I also have a very good grasp and understanding of the game of football along with the knowledge on how to properly analyze players as a part of the team and as an individual.

Long story short, Tannehill is a very damn good QB and that is in no way shape or form coming from a fan entrenched in bias. A 4th tier ranking for Tannehill is a joke and can only come from someone who doesn't knows jack **** about the game, NFL teams or it's players, and simply has access to publication.

H2jR8ch.gif

Had to wait. Let you toot your own horn long enough.

You rarely stray from FH conventional wisdom though. As only a few here can do well.

Tannehill is not a franchise qb in my opinion but you can win with him under gas. He's a tough guy who improved a lot under gase last yr but still has a lot to prove. To me he will be an above average qb by end of his career which is not a bad thing. If he makes a pro bowl then ill call him a franchise qb.

Article lost all credibility when I saw where they had Bradford. Tannehill was ballin' during the winning streak, but doesn't get any credit. He needs to play that way for all of '17. Open some peoples eyes

Bradford is garbage, tannehill better.

As a former staunch backer and defender of Tannehill since they drafted him, I honestly don't think that highly of him anymore after 5 years. If he becomes anything this year I'll be happy for him and the team, as far as defending him, I'm done with that now. This is make or break year for the kid imo.

View attachment 18885

You rarely stray from FH conventional wisdom

I wouldnt say that at all re: SOS....can think of a few recent examples off top of my head. Granted there is definitely a herd mentality especially with players in the doghouse...but thats probably the same on every team forum....but Shula far from guilty in that regard.

Tannehill is not a franchise qb in my opinion but you can win with him under gas. He's a tough guy who improved a lot under gase last yr but still has a lot to prove. To me he will be an above average qb by end of his career which is not a bad thing. If he makes a pro bowl then ill call him a franchise qb.

I agree. RT did not get it done in college either and as a top 10 NFL pick he should have been better than a 50/50 in college. Gase improved Ryan Tannehills game last year and may have saved his career. I expect Gase to continue to develop RT. Like you if and when RT starts carrying the team winning NFL playoff games he will start getting the respect outside of fin heaven. Also it should be said this is not a bash on RT the guy is tough as nails who works hard to get better. IMO his instincts are just not there yet which I belive Gase is referring to recently when speaking of Ryan and wanting him to just play for first downs and quit thinking. I look at it this way Bill Billicheat even when Brady goes down injured finds a way to win multiple backups over the years. That does not mean Brady is a bad QB but I believe Brady would have lost quite a few more games on a different club without Billicheat as his coach. Gase I believe will can do the same thing here with RT as far as improving the odds in the winning column.

View attachment 18885

You rarely stray from FH conventional wisdom though. As only a few here can do well.

Well hello, long time no see. It's the driver of the Mike Wallace bandwagon and the believer that Tannehill can't throw the deep ball b/c he couldn't connect with that one trick pony track star. :lol:

Pennington 2.0, short game professional. No long game.

:lol:

Remember how you said Landry was going to suffer in Wallace's absence?

Landry has no idea what awaits him once Wallace is gone.
Its easy to be productive against 3rd string CB's and safety's.

So was Landry setting the NFL record for the most catches ever in a player's first 3 seasons the definition of "has no idea what awaits him" that you were looking for or did you have something else in mind?

:lol:

Don't worry, Wallace only needs 4 more TDs next year to match in 3 years for his career high 10 that he had while Tannehill threw the rock into ol' butterfingers chest.

Why don't you list all those 2nd and 3rd tier QBs who have won playoff games, taken over games and do "things" that the truly good QBs do. Why don't you specify what those "things" are.
The overwhelming majority of Finheaven fans that you dismiss have never defended RT as a top 5 elite QB, but take exception to a poorly researched article claiming he's in the bottom quartile of starting QBs.

2nd tier QBs:

Ben Roethlisberger - 2 Super Bowls
Philip Rivers - 5th best passer rating all time, 6 time Pro Bowl performer.
Matt Ryan A Super Bowl apperance/league MVP
Cam Newton - A super Bowl appearance/league MVP
Russell Wilson - A Super Bowl
Eli Manning - 2 Super Bowls
Matthew Stafford - Most 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drive in a season (all time).

Look at the 3rd tier and show me the consistency needed to knock one of these players on his level out

Oh good god, the #QBwinz club is back in full force. :bobdole:

How they think:
3rd tier All time: Dan Marino - Never won a Super Bowl (aka the ultimate team accomplishment)

Oh good god, the #QBwinz club is back in full force. :bobdole:

How they think:
3rd tier All time: Dan Marino - Never won a Super Bowl (aka the ultimate team accomplishment)

I never watched a lot of Marino era football, but it remains baffling to me how the coach who engineered a perfect season in the early 70s could never manage to win a superbowl with Marino.

2nd tier QBs:

Ben Roethlisberger - 2 Super Bowls
Philip Rivers - 5th best passer rating all time, 6 time Pro Bowl performer.
Matt Ryan A Super Bowl apperance/league MVP
Cam Newton - A super Bowl appearance/league MVP
Russell Wilson - A Super Bowl
Eli Manning - 2 Super Bowls
Matthew Stafford - Most 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drive in a season (all time).

Look at the 3rd tier and show me the consistency needed to knock one of these players on his level out

Newton?! Really? I give up

I never watched a lot of Marino era football, but it remains baffling to me how the coach who engineered a perfect season in the early 70s could never manage to win a superbowl with Marino.

See my sig. :up:

Tom Olivadotti

mandatory-credit-rick-stewartallspo-picture-id236194

Bad drafting, bad coordinators

Back
Top Bottom