USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY

Tannehill was a different QB after the first five games last year than he was the rest of his career. He deserves some props. I worry more about his knee right now than I do about him showing up to play.

Newton?! Really? I give up

When Tannehill ia voted Dolphins MVP, then we can say he's on a tier...but to say you "give up" when a LEAGUE MVP is mentioned shows me that this Tanmehill delusion is deeper than I thought, and I thought it reached the bone marrow for his followers.

Tannehill was a different QB after the first five games last year than he was the rest of his career. He deserves some props. I worry more about his knee right now than I do about him showing up to play.

Tannehill is an average starting QB that is not a tiwr two QB in tbia case, I'll grudgingly concede that point.

Oh good god, the #QBwinz club is back in full force. :bobdole:

How they think:
3rd tier All time: Dan Marino - Never won a Super Bowl (aka the ultimate team accomplishment)

Come on now Sons you Marino's accomplishments hold up against anyone in football history, other than super bowls. Its Not QB WInz its our QB needs to play better than he has during his career to get our team more wins or winz lol. I hope he can do it but some of you guys have been crowning him from the start and he hasn't earned that....still

He was not a different QB. We finally had a real HC that installed a real offensive system and who was/is able to extract the most out of the team. Plain and simple. It's the ultimate team support.

Here is from an earlier post for an example from Bill Walsh on talking about developing QB's:

Ability to learn:

A quarterback must have the ability to develop and adhere to the proper mechanics for playing quarterback. For some athletes the process will be intuitive - almost natural - requiring minimal effort on their part. For other individuals, the steps to understand and ingrain these abilities will require more time and hands-on instruction.

On the other hand, some quarterbacks will never be able to develop the mechanics required for their position to an acceptable degree, regardless of how much energy they expend trying. In reality, if they aren't able to acquire the proper attributes for playing quarterback within a reasonable period of time, it's quite likely they never will.

. . . coaches should be aware of the fact that, for the most part, that an athlete either has the ability to throw the ball properly or he doesn't. In reality, coaching usually has only a minimal effect on this skill. (i.e. "If an individual can't throw, he can't throw")

Come on now Sons you Marino's accomplishments hold up against anyone in football history, other than super bowls. Its Not QB WInz its our QB needs to play better than he has during his career to get our team more wins or winz lol. I hope he can do it but some of you guys have been crowning him from the start and he hasn't earned that....still

According to you, maybe. You again are championing the #QBwinz mentality here b/c that's what establishes what a QB is to you. You expect wins and someone who magically does so in spite of poor coaching, schemes, and the players that surround them. Which is complete bull ****.

who is the guy at ESPN who loves Tannehill? Dilfer I think also a guy at NFL network, Warner I think. Point is Tannehill gets respect of you don't choose to ignore the sources...

Dilfer fired from ESPN. You're not even sure of the people that respect Tannehill. Inside the league: players, coaches and FOs think little of tannehill outside of Miami.

You're right...

Tannehill won MVP on teams that struggled to crack .500. When the team actually became a winning team the MVP wasn't Tannehill:

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/01/06/miami-dolphins-rb-jay-ajayi-wins-team-mvp/

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Oh so you've been banned from another dolphins website? Somehow I'm not at all surprised.

You're worse than my crazy ex girlfriend...

At least she left me alone when I ignored her...SHOO FLY!!!

More #QBwinz arguments . . . the endless laps in the cul-de-sac of stupidity never end with these.

Back
Top Bottom