USA vs. Mexico | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA vs. Mexico

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The USA is playing Mexico on April 28th in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl. Here is the roster of players that will hopefully kick Mexico's *** next week:

Goalkeepers: Kevin Hartman (Los Angeles Galaxy), Jonny Walker (MetroStars)

Defenders: Chris Albright (Los Angeles Galaxy), Dan Califf (Los Angeles Galaxy), Cory Gibbs (Burn), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Eddie Pope (MetroStars)

Midfielders: Chris Armas (Chicago Fire), DaMarcus Beasley (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (D.C. United), Richard Mulrooney (San Jose Earthquakes), Pat Noonan (New England Revolution), Kerry Zavagnin (Kansas City Wizards)

Forwards: Conor Casey (Karslruhe), Landon Donovan (San Jose Earthquakes), Jovan Kirovski (Los Angeles Galaxy), Taylor Twellman (New England Revolution), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards)

I'm not too impressed with this roster at all. The only player coming in from Europe is Casey, Arena didn't call up anyone else because of their schedules. The USA is very good at kicking Mexico's *** in soccer :) but I'm not expecting more than a draw with this roster. I wish that we would bring a stronger roster against our rival even though it is a friendly. I wouldn't care if it was a game against some Caribbean country or even a European country, but this is Mexico, and games against Mexico always mean something, even if it is a friendly.

Mexico will win :D
Mexico´s got a better soccer league, better players . . . .

Phin19 said:

Yeah, because Mexico has done really well against the USA in the past few years, right? :rolleyes:

Does 5-1-1 mean anything to you? It's the USA's record against Mexico in their past 7 games.

You may have beaten us in the U-23s, but U-23s isn't the National Team. The USA just plays well against Mexico on the senior level. It's pretty simple. :)

To me, the Mexican fans only remember the wins. When they lose it is the "refs fault" so they don't count them. 5-1-1 is all that is needed to say.

Phin19 said:

In their own minds.

They also think they're the best national team of all the Americas, despite never winning a World Cup or even reaching the semi-finals (while several South American countries have won it all)... and while the USA at least did reach the World Cup semi-finals once in 1930 with Mexico competiting. :confused:

2-0 anybody?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dolfan02 said:
In their own minds.

They also think they're the best national team of all the Americas, despite never winning a World Cup or even reaching the semi-finals (while several South American countries have won it all)... and while the USA at least did reach the World Cup semi-finals once in 1930 with Mexico competiting. :confused:

2-0 anybody?

The Mexican League is better than MLS at the moment. I will give them that. They have some solid foreign talent in that league and most of Mexico's top players stay in Mexico.

The 2-0 game was 2 years ago, but it is still fun to talk about. :)

Predictions anyone? The game is tommorow, so I predict...

1-USA Vs Mexico-1

Josh Wolff will score :D

I also think that it will be a 1-1 draw. I don't think the USA is bringing a strong roster at all. Donovan will score the goal for the USA.

USA 1 - 0 Mexico

The USA beat Mexico.....again. :)

Eddie Pope scored the game winner in the last minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice game. We were long overdue. We should have scored 3-5 times but that is soccer for you. Nice touches for most of the game. I think Donovan, Mastroeni, Pope, and Hejduk all good games.

It wasn't the greatest game, but it was pretty good because of the rivalry between the U.S. and Mexico. The referee was way too yellow-card happy for a friendly game. Other than, not bad. Way to go America! It was a full house in Dallas.

What a shame that ESPN can't make a decent reference to the score on SportsCenter. They only included a bad TV-angle shot of the goal on their top ten plays list, towards the end of the show. No score on their BottomLine tickers that scroll at the bottom of your TV screen, but yet I was able to find Horse Racing info, tennis in-depth scores, espn show info, and NFL training updates, all on those bottom screen tickers.

Dolfan02 said:
What a shame that ESPN can't make a decent reference to the score on SportsCenter. They only included a bad TV-angle shot of the goal on their top ten plays list, towards the end of the show. No score on their BottomLine tickers that scroll at the bottom of your TV screen, but yet I was able to find Horse Racing info, tennis in-depth scores, espn show info, and NFL training updates, all on those bottom screen tickers.

I know, it is a shame how a great sport like soccer cannot get its due, especially since maybe there are new fans because of Adu that do not know when the National Team plays (played). BTW, where is that Dol-Fan that predicted Mexico to win? He needs to come here and eat his crow.

Back
Top Bottom