Usain BOLT would run a 3.37 40yd dash | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Usain BOLT would run a 3.37 40yd dash

According to my calculations he isn't that fast in the first 40 yards, and yes I realize there are different rules for each timing, but for pure speculation...

According to the 10m splits I looked up, plus the reaction time. Bolt ran a flat 4.40.

Here is the info.

Reaction time: 0.165 s
0-10m: 1.85 s
10-20m: 1.02 s
20-30m: 0.91 s
30-40m: 0.87 s

This totals 4.815 s in the first 40m of the race, including reaction time. Divide this number by 40 to get 1 m overall breakdown of:

0.120375 m/s

Now yards are slightly smaller than meters. 40 yards is 36.576m.

Now simply multiply 0.120375 m/s * 36.576m and you get his 40 yard dash time.

4.402836 or simplified 4.40

Where did you get your splits? I have the official ones from Berlin in my post. At the link in my post. One thing I get from all these numbers is that Deion Sanders and Chris Johnson are very fast guys.

Imagine the impact of him running that fast and getting blindsided by a safety or LB...it would be bye bye Bolt

:lol: Youre damn straight about that one.. I can see us playing Indy this year, Usain on an end around, gets to the second level, and WHAM, Sanders comes from the side and goes right through him.. all that is left from the hit is a completely intact Bob sanders, and some dust particles sprinkled with blood

Where did you get your splits? I have the official ones from Berlin in my post. At the link in my post. One thing I get from all these numbers is that Deion Sanders and Chris Johnson are very fast guys.

Honestly I forget, I wrote that breakdown the night he ran for another board. It wasn't an official site though, so if the times are wrong my bad. That math we used is probably identical though.

Bolt would run around a 4.1 or 4.2 although if Ginn ran track he would be the world record holder in every distance lol

Imagine the impact of him running that fast and getting blindsided by a safety or LB...it would be bye bye Bolt

F=M*A

Bolt is not a small guy 6'4" and about 200 lbs, and at that speed he would probably knock most people out of their mind.

No linebacker would even come close to matching his speed.

lol@hes only slightly faster than chris johnson... dumbest thing ive heard in a while

I seriously doubt anyone could break 4.0 in the 40 yard dash. Runners, including Bolt are going to need probably 50-60 yards to get up to top speed. I bet Bolt would be in 4.1 to 4.2 range tops.

Back
Top Bottom