Very interesting Article about 'Rogue' scout. Discusses Top Quartebacks of the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Very interesting Article about 'Rogue' scout. Discusses Top Quartebacks of the draft

phinsfan84

remember ur 1st chance may be ur last
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_rogue_scout_enjoys_label_042511

“What does this guy do that anybody likes?” Dave Razzano asks, pressing the rewind button. “Every pass is an underneath curl route! It’s third-and-10 in the red zone – throw a [expletive] touchdown pass. But look at this: A three-yard dump-off. That’s all he does. He threw the ball just about every play, and he had 16 touchdown passes last season.

“This is the guy somebody’s gonna take in the top 10? Based on what? Trust me, they’re guessing.”

Razzano, a respected talent evaluator during a two-decade-plus career with the San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams and Arizona Cardinals, is talking about former Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert, and he’s not holding back. He has always given unvarnished and sometimes unpopular opinions

Check out the whole article if your looking to read something interesting and get a good insight into a guy with a very good track record's opinion.

Correctly called A. Smith as a Bust and several others.

He discuss C. Newton, B. Gabbert, J Locker and Kapernick among other sleepers and such in the article.

Im gonna admit he just made me want to go back and look at more Locker and Kapernick tape.

What you guys think?

I def am not high on Locker either but considering his track record im gonna go back and take another look and see if i can figure it out. . .interesting none the less.

You know what, I like Locker more than cam newton! i just decided that. roll eyes....

He could be right on with the favre thing.

Locker is tough. I would not be surprised if we ended up drafting him. just keeping my mind open here.

Locker is respected by his peers, can take a hit and keep ticking, and is mobile. I am actually going to look a little deeper.

I can say this. On Grudens QB show, he seemed more impressive to me than say..cam newton.

He's absolutely right about Gabbert imo. I certainly don't see what makes him worthy of a top 10 pick. As for Locker, he blows. Waste of a draft pick to whoever drafts him.

If Locker is anything like Favre, I want to stay far far away.

Greg Cossel is the "rogue" scout you want to follow.

He also doesn't like Gabbert, Newton, Locker for the record. He likes Mallett the best of any QB, and Dalton next. Has Ponder 3rd.

Likes Dalton more than I do, but he indicates Dalton would always have to be shielded by scheme, and rely on running game. Thinks arm strength can be improved in NFL somewhat.

Nothing has changed for me; give me Mallett at 15.

If Locker is anything like Favre, I want to stay far far away.

Yea, wouldnt want to draft a QB who will win a SB and multiple MVP awards :lol:

Im guessing youre talking about Favre the person though.

Wow, this was a good article. I always love when NFL scouts speak out.

Kaepernick and Locker, the two guys I have to say I like the least in this draft, this scout likes the most. I found that baffling, but perhaps he is watching tape closer than I am. I'm not ****y enough to open my mind to that possibility.

The Gabbert hate is starting to come from far and wide. This long offseason, without a free agency, is starting to make people crazy.

It's a shame he didn't mention his thoughts on Mallett and Ponder. I would have loved to hear his thoughts on them.

Thanks for posting, phinsfan84. It's rare to see an article that is this interesting.

Back
Top Bottom