VERY interesting quote by Mike Florio(PFT) on Sedano's show yesterday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

VERY interesting quote by Mike Florio(PFT) on Sedano's show yesterday

SuperMarksBros.

Formerly Fiedler for MVP
Reaction score
They were talking about last saturday's scrimmage, and Sedano asked if the offense is not as good as advertised, if the defense is better than advertised, or if its just early and the D is usually ahead of the offense this time of year. Florio's response:

"Theres a chance that the miami offense scrimmagged against the best defense its going to see all year"

Discuss.

Florio's response:

"Theres a chance that the miami offense scrimmagged against the best defense its going to see all year"

Discuss.

It's only a scrimmage, but it's entirely possible. Last season's defense suffered a number of key injuries, started two rookie corners, and had a DC who from time to time let his brain slip out of his skull and fall all the way down to his ***. Two of the previous key defenders, Porter & Taylor, both saw their play slip, putting even more pressure on the rookie CBs.

This year, we have what we believe to be a strong draft class which was almost exclusively used on defense, in conjunction with the addition of a very well regarded defensive coordinator. For the first time in I don't know how many years we have a stud at WR, which should help our offense be less predictable (hence more effective) and give the defense an added chance to stay fresh.

Why wouldn't we field a (eventually, say early to mid-season) great defense in 2010?

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Do I even need to comment on that?
Isnt there enough hype about you're own team to keep you busy on your own freakin' boards...

All i know is the defense has improved drastically, the jury is still out on our young secondary but the addition of Mike Nolan will make a huge impact this season for everyone on the D. Paul Pasqualoni was absolute garbage. The defense looks aggressive for a change. The whole defensive scheme is different. I honestly think were gonna surprise alot of people on this side of the ball this year.

All i know is the defense has improved drastically, the jury is still out on our young secondary but the addition of Mike Nolan will make a huge impact this season for everyone on the D. Paul Pasqualoni was absolute garbage. The defense looks aggressive for a change. The whole defensive scheme is different. I honestly think were gonna surprise alot of people on this side of the ball this year.

There's no doubt the D will be better, you have a much better DC, dansby in the middle of the D was a great pickup but I'm skpetical about this D being one of the top 10 in the league. We'll see.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Do I even need to comment on that?

Top 5 overall defenses in 2007:
1.Steelers
2.Bucs
3.Colts
4.Patriots
5.Titans

Top 5 overall defenses in 2008:
1.Steelers
2.Ravens
3.Eagles
4.Redskins
5.Giants

Top 5 overall defenses in 2009:
1.Jets
2.Packers
3.Ravens
4.Bengals
5.Steelers

No turnover there! I'm sure the Jets, possibly without their best defensive/overall player, are a lock to be top 5 again.

There's no doubt the D will be better, you have a much better DC, dansby in the middle of the D was a great pickup but I'm skpetical about this D being one of the top 10 in the league. We'll see.

hey theres a shocker for ya huh. I def think this Defense is top 5 in the league. But hey, lets keep talking up the Jets D....Without Revis your D will have its hands full to say the least

Top 5 overall defenses in 2007:
1.Steelers
2.Bucs
3.Colts
4.Patriots
5.Titans

Top 5 overall defenses in 2008:
1.Steelers
2.Ravens
3.Eagles
4.Redskins
5.Giants

Top 5 overall defenses in 2009:
1.Jets
2.Packers
3.Ravens
4.Bengals
5.Steelers

No turnover there! I'm sure the Jets, possibly without their best defensive/overall player, are a lock to be top 5 again.

We'll be a top 5 D w/ or w/o Revis but we won;t be a great D w/o Revis. We weren't great last year but w/ a healthy jenkins back and w/ the additions I think we will be great assuming revis comes back. You guys will be better but saying that could be the best D your O faces all year is silly.

We'll be a top 5 D w/ or w/o Revis but we won;t be a great D w/o Revis. We weren't great last year but w/ a healthy jenkins back and w/ the additions I think we will be great assuming revis comes back. You guys will be better but saying that could be the best D your O faces all year is silly.

were still gonna beat you twice

The Fins defense may be vastly improved upon from last year but to say that it is the best D the Fins offense will face all year in a scrimmage game is just comical.

And besides, we all know Florio is an idiot anyway.

The Fins defense may be vastly improved upon from last year but to say that it is the best D the Fins offense will face all year in a scrimmage game is just comical.

And besides, we all know Florio is an idiot anyway.

He's smarter than your head coach. He knows you need Revis to get where you want to go.

He's smarter than your head coach. He knows you need Revis to get where you want to go.

Mike Florio is not smarter than any head coach.

And Rex knows that the Jets need Revis, but what the hell is he supposed to say, "Pack it in boys, seasons over"?

lol

Back
Top Bottom