Very interesting stats site | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Very interesting stats site

FinfanInBuffalo

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
I came across a site you might be interested in:

http://www.twominutewarning.com/index.htm

The Salary Cap Research article is very interesting. Should spark some real debate about whether spending big on QBs and WRs will solve our problems.

The Final Regular season stats and six year trends are also interesting. Guaranteed to spark more debates.

I would like to point out two things:

1. Miami's offensive numbers had been steadily increasing during Wanny's first three years. Yards per play, % of drives ending in TDs, and pts per game all increasing. Last year showed a big drop-off. No surprise. What was surprising is that the drop-off seems to be tied more to the drop in effectiveness of the running game rather than the passing game.

2. 61% running on first down was not tops in the league last year. Bal ran on 65% of 1st down plays. It was also identical to the % in 2002. Several other teams with not far off:

Den - 60%
GB - 58%
Ten - 58%
Car - 57%

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I came across a site you might be interested in:

http://www.twominutewarning.com/index.htm

The Salary Cap Research article is very interesting. Should spark some real debate about whether spending big on QBs and WRs will solve our problems.

The Final Regular season stats and six year trends are also interesting. Guaranteed to spark more debates.

I would like to point out two things:

1. Miami's offensive numbers had been steadily increasing during Wanny's first three years. Yards per play, % of drives ending in TDs, and pts per game all increasing. Last year showed a big drop-off. No surprise. What was surprising is that the drop-off seems to be tied more to the drop in effectiveness of the running game rather than the passing game.

2. 61% running on first down was not tops in the league last year. Bal ran on 65% of 1st down plays. It was also identical to the % in 2002. Several other teams with not far off:

Den - 60%
GB - 58%
Ten - 58%
Car - 57%

What, no replies? Apparently people don't like stats on this forum.

Good post :) Says allot about the troubles last year with the O-line IMO. Not to mention the lack of respect (deservedly) for the passing game. IMO this will change quickly with the presence of Boston :D . I look for major improvement in scoring this year :cooldude:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Good Post,I like stats, but many others, use their eyes and their gut instinct, their hatred or love for players or coaches instead of stats to prove their points ;)

Its not that they dont like stats.Its just that finfans are always in some stage of alcoholic stupor and the statistics get blurred (Present company excepted).Besides Buffalo.?Isnt that one of our division rivals ?

Seriously though these stats are very telling and surprising .Goes to prove our preconceived prejudices are more powerful than statistics.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Unless is skews people towards their negative outlooks.........like that stupid sack per attempt number we once had a thread about trying to convince us we had a quality o-line.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Are you kidding? All the Wanny haters couldn't prove their points with what's been presented here..LOL... :roflmao: :roflmao:

This is so to the point that these teams over achieve based on lack of Talent, I guess good coaching had something to do with that... :D

MDFINFAN said:
Are you kidding? All the Wanny haters couldn't prove their points with what's been presented here..LOL... :roflmao: :roflmao:

This is so to the point that these teams over achieve based on lack of Talent, I guess good coaching had something to do with that... :D

I will keep this site very handy for the inevitable debates :D

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Bravo Bravo, it really makes a difference when hard stats are present. I get real tired of reading posts written by people, who odviusly just got done listening to Hank Goldberg (What a schmuck).

Back
Top Bottom