Vick to the Jets

Discussion in 'Beasts of the AFC East' started by ROADRUNNER, Mar 21, 2014.

1. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

2. FSU Truth

FSU Truth inside my DNA Finheaven VIP

So much confidence in Geno Smith....

3. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

With the 9th pick of the 2015 NFL draft the New York Jets select QB..............

4. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

My scorching hottest buttons are cruelty to children and animals - so although he looks like he turned his life around, I'll always hate his guts. Guess he's now in the most appropriate place to do so, eh?

[​IMG]

5. sfloridafan

sfloridafan Well-Known Member

6. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Would much rather that Vick was not a jet. He should be a competent qb while Geno Smith learns. Sanchez leaving the Jets is bad news for dolphans. Much rather face a work in progress at qb and Sanchez and his 50 percent completions.

7. Phins117

Phins117 A True Fan

****...... Why in our division? Why? There is always an IF factor and I don't like it being on the Jets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP

:lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. -=DolfanDave=-

-=DolfanDave=- A True Fan

Good. Vick will help them accomplish their mission of being an irrelevant, ****hole of a team.

10. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Vick has never been a competent QB.

11. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

your welcome to your opinion but reality does not bare that out, Vick is a 4 time pro bowler at qb .
    He has played at the very least competent at qb for Philidelphia the past 5 years. If Vick is not a competent qb in your opinion then Matt Moore must be complete garbage.
    notice I never even called him a good qb but he has been better than Sanchez, Smith and Moore. In 2010 esp he played very well. Whatever though everyone has an opinion but Vick not being a competent NFL qb really has little very few facts to back it up. Over the past 5 years with Philly he has a 87 qb rating over that time.

12. CalDolFan10x14

:lol: I remember Junc making all these same arguments about Mark Sanchez.

13. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Junc could never use that same argument. His only argument is playoff success so epic fail comparing the argument

14. Vaark

too ****ing funny - and of course symbolic of how they do things "right"!

Only the jets could sign Michael Vick on "National Puppy Day"

http://www.nationalpuppyday.com

15. Batroc

Batroc The Anti-Fistpumper

Those stats are padded by one spectacular season surrounded by some pretty injury riddled, average ones if memory serves me correctly. Vick's Pro Bowl days are long gone.

16. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

What I like about this from a Jet Hating POV is that this move will NOT help Geno Smith grow. Vick is gonna beat him out in camp. He is absolutely, positively a competent QB, with flashes of brilliance...for about 11 games a year. He is simply incapable of preserving himself, and is becoming increasingly brittle with age.

Geno Smith will be playing by Week 5 at the latest, and then when Vick is capable of playing again (Week 7), Smith will end up getting yanked. More of the same turnstile/controversy the Jets have been churning out at QB for the last few years.

17. WVDolphan

WVDolphan Banned Hammered

Vick is a terrible player. He always has been.

The guy was nothing more than a bunch of hype and it still carries over today for some reason.

He had one pretty good season in Atlanta. He had one good season in Philly and I say good season because he was tremendous for a stretch of games then back to earth for some. All in all I say a good season.

But, that was it. The rest of his time at QB in the NFL he has pretty much been terrible. He cant throw...... period. On top of that is the amount of time he spends injured due to having no clue how to move in the pocket and fire at open receivers. He dances everywhere and runs around from sideline to sideline in the backfield before taking sacks and/or fumbling. When he does get throws off he tends to turn it over that way as well.

He has always been a sack taking, turnover machine who will occasionally beat you with a run or long pass, but not often enough to outweigh his negative plays.

18. DphinBillkiller

DphinBillkiller Touchdown

Vick to the Jest. Well I'll be dog gone. :crazy:

19. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP

Apparently, Fatty McGee just loves QB controversies. The smartest thing they could have done was cut Sanchez and get a backup QB that would pose no risk to Smith and just give Smith the reins. I was worried that was the direction they were headed when they cut buttfumble. Win-win for them because if Smith succeeds, they have their QB and if he doesn't, they learn sooner and can move on. Instead, they do this. :lol:

I'm sure Vick will show his flashes of being a great running back every once in a while, before he hurts his vagina midseason, of course. Nobody will suffer from it more than Smith.

20. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Michael Vick is not a particularly good quarterback. I'm sad to see Sanchez gone, but it was inevitable.

This is only good news if the Jets don't draft a QB.

21. Vaark

22. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E22 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

You think so? He didn't just kill dogs (which would be bad enough) he tortured them. People who get off on torture (people or animals) can not be change by just a couple years in jail. Vick played the game and acts like he is a better person because he realized that without the NFL he is nothing. Someone who enjoys torture will always enjoy torture. It is just a matter of time until he 'relapses'.

Another reason to despise the Jets.

23. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Lately the Jets seem to like the headline grabbing signing/trade at the quarterback position and it just hasn't worked out. Favre was a flop, Tebow was a flop, and the chances are Vick will be a flop.

24. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

I already know what the response to this one will be. You guys had X amount of players arrested for blah, blah, blah. Still, this is funny.

[​IMG]

25. Nublar7

Sarah McLachlan doesn't approve of this signing.

[​IMG]

Junc makes fun of the Dolphins all the time for their arrest record in comparison to the Jets arrest record. However, the Jets just signed an actual felon.

26. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Well obviously u dont know what a competent qb is. He has never been a terri

27. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

He has never been a terrible qb but hell in your world your opinion changes like wind. Tannehill is top 10 thenhe is bust. Hell you even think moore is a good qb. Is vicka good qb overall not really but he is not terrible. He is competent just as said but feel free to rant on

28. Jetsfan89

Jetsfan89 Rookie

Its called not having blind faith in a player. If Geno is the real deal bringing in Vick won't matter. This was a very solid move by Idzik.

29. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E22 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Oh please. If the Dolphins would do something similar you Jetsfans would have definitely made more of it than calling it a solid move.
    :lol:

I wouldn't want Vick on my team even if he was a HOFer.

The Vick brothers are just bad people period.
    Just a reminder about Marcus Vick
    [video=youtube;RH2y84tpA2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH2y84tpA2Q[/video]

I was horrified when we signed Marcus Vick. Thankfully he really didn't see much of any playtime and was gone rather quickly. One of Saban's great legacies with the Phins.

30. DabMarino

DabMarino Active Member

As that dog lay on the ground, fighting for air, Quanis Phillips grabbed its front legs and Michael Vick grabbed its back legs. They swung the dog over their head like a jump rope then slammed it to the ground. The first impact didn't kill it. So, Phillips and Vick slammed it again. The two men kept at it, alternating back and forth, pounding the creature against the ground until, at last, the little red dog was dead."

31. CalDolFan10x14

32. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

33. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Sanchez wouldn't start for the Bills.

34. Batroc

Batroc The Anti-Fistpumper

LOL. I like Junc and at the risk of drawing his wrath I kind of suspect the same thing. I really do believe the potential was there for Sanchez to be a good qb at one time, but the psychological effect of being tragically bad towards the end of his tenure with the Jets probably will linger throughout the rest of his career. I think at this point the guy is damaged goods and I don't see him walking into many NFL locker rooms (outside of maybe Jacksonville or Cleveland) and just taking the starting job away from the incumbent.

35. Jetsfan89

Jetsfan89 Rookie

The guy played well under MM when he took over in 2010 until he got hurt in 2011. Hasn't done a whole lot since but injuries can be attributed to a lot of that. The fact of the matter is, as a player, he was no worse then any other QB option who was available. Only other guy was really Schaub. I'd probably rather have Schaub but he looked really bad last year, and is a guy who relies more on his accuracy then actual arm strength which could hurt him in the northeast.

36. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

he was probably the best free agent option of a weak lot. probably nothing special but an upgrade on the roster at qb for a .500team last year. Funny how some posters want to act like he is a horrible qb while many of the same people act like moore is a good qb.
    The object of free agency is to get better. We got better at LT by signing Albert. They have a developing qb and Vick is the vet. Im not sure who people expected the Jets to be able to trot out at Qb. For what was available the Jets did solid on this move.
    Not a fan of pff but they said it best.

Vick seemed like a natural fit for the Eagles’ new offense when Chip Kelly was hired last offseason. After a solid showing in the preseason he clearly beat out Nick Foles as the starter. A hamstring injury early in the season kept Vick on the sidelines while Foles performed well enough to retain the starting job for the remainder of the season.

Although Vick isn’t the most accurate quarterback, he has improved as a pocket passer over the years. Athleticism is his biggest asset, allowing him to extend plays into huge gains—something that many other passers are incapable of producing. It comes with a price though, as we have seen year in and year out that his style of play poses a greater injury risk.

Vick is the most talented quarterback of the bunch. That said, as a 34-year-old, injury-prone, mobile quarterback, his time as a starter is ticking. He could be a very good option for one or two seasons for a team that wants to develop a younger player or has no viable starting option currently on the roster.

37. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

10000X This.

The man hung and electrocuted dogs, he is a ****ing sociopath.

38. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

as much as I love dogs I don't think he is a sociopath. I think he was raised in an environment that condoned dog fighting. I think its disgusting but hell some people eat dogs. This is what dogfighters do, anyone that thinks that dogfighters are good stewards of animals is really naïve.
    These dogs are trained for this purpose and if they cant do it they are of no use. They don't look at dogs the same way as normal people. Not all people feel a sense of morality when it comes to dogs. I don't condone this disgusting behavior in any way but this doesn't make him a sociopath.

39. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

I preferred Mark to stay but w/ him gone I'm ok w/ Vick as a vet that can push geno and help him develop.

40. Nublar7

How are you holding up? Sorry for your loss, we are here for you if you need anything.