Vick to the Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vick to the Jets

What I like about this from a Jet Hating POV is that this move will NOT help Geno Smith grow. Vick is gonna beat him out in camp. He is absolutely, positively a competent QB, with flashes of brilliance...for about 11 games a year. He is simply incapable of preserving himself, and is becoming increasingly brittle with age.

Geno Smith will be playing by Week 5 at the latest, and then when Vick is capable of playing again (Week 7), Smith will end up getting yanked. More of the same turnstile/controversy the Jets have been churning out at QB for the last few years.

your welcome to your opinion but reality does not bare that out, Vick is a 4 time pro bowler at qb .
He has played at the very least competent at qb for Philidelphia the past 5 years. If Vick is not a competent qb in your opinion then Matt Moore must be complete garbage.
notice I never even called him a good qb but he has been better than Sanchez, Smith and Moore. In 2010 esp he played very well. Whatever though everyone has an opinion but Vick not being a competent NFL qb really has little very few facts to back it up. Over the past 5 years with Philly he has a 87 qb rating over that time.

Vick is a terrible player. He always has been.

The guy was nothing more than a bunch of hype and it still carries over today for some reason.

He had one pretty good season in Atlanta. He had one good season in Philly and I say good season because he was tremendous for a stretch of games then back to earth for some. All in all I say a good season.

But, that was it. The rest of his time at QB in the NFL he has pretty much been terrible. He cant throw...... period. On top of that is the amount of time he spends injured due to having no clue how to move in the pocket and fire at open receivers. He dances everywhere and runs around from sideline to sideline in the backfield before taking sacks and/or fumbling. When he does get throws off he tends to turn it over that way as well.

He has always been a sack taking, turnover machine who will occasionally beat you with a run or long pass, but not often enough to outweigh his negative plays.

Apparently, Fatty McGee just loves QB controversies. The smartest thing they could have done was cut Sanchez and get a backup QB that would pose no risk to Smith and just give Smith the reins. I was worried that was the direction they were headed when they cut buttfumble. Win-win for them because if Smith succeeds, they have their QB and if he doesn't, they learn sooner and can move on. Instead, they do this. :lol:

I'm sure Vick will show his flashes of being a great running back every once in a while, before he hurts his vagina midseason, of course. Nobody will suffer from it more than Smith.

Michael Vick is not a particularly good quarterback. I'm sad to see Sanchez gone, but it was inevitable.

This is only good news if the Jets don't draft a QB.

o8yt8o-1.jpg

My scorching hottest buttons are cruelty to children and animals - so although he looks like he turned his life around, I'll always hate his guts. Guess he's now in the most appropriate place to do so, eh?

2z4elo0-1.jpg

You think so? He didn't just kill dogs (which would be bad enough) he tortured them. People who get off on torture (people or animals) can not be change by just a couple years in jail. Vick played the game and acts like he is a better person because he realized that without the NFL he is nothing. Someone who enjoys torture will always enjoy torture. It is just a matter of time until he 'relapses'.

Another reason to despise the Jets.

Lately the Jets seem to like the headline grabbing signing/trade at the quarterback position and it just hasn't worked out. Favre was a flop, Tebow was a flop, and the chances are Vick will be a flop.

I already know what the response to this one will be. You guys had X amount of players arrested for blah, blah, blah. Still, this is funny.

IMG_20140322_173659-1.jpg

Sarah McLachlan doesn't approve of this signing.

drtv2006sarahmclachlan-1.png

Junc makes fun of the Dolphins all the time for their arrest record in comparison to the Jets arrest record. However, the Jets just signed an actual felon.

Vick is a terrible player. He always has been.

The guy was nothing more than a bunch of hype and it still carries over today for some reason.

He had one pretty good season in Atlanta. He had one good season in Philly and I say good season because he was tremendous for a stretch of games then back to earth for some. All in all I say a good season.

But, that was it. The rest of his time at QB in the NFL he has pretty much been terrible. He cant throw...... period. On top of that is the amount of time he spends injured due to having no clue how to move in the pocket and fire at open receivers. He dances everywhere and runs around from sideline to sideline in the backfield before taking sacks and/or fumbling. When he does get throws off he tends to turn it over that way as well.

He has always been a sack taking, turnover machine who will occasionally beat you with a run or long pass, but not often enough to outweigh his negative plays.

Well obviously u dont know what a competent qb is. He has never been a terri

He has never been a terrible qb but hell in your world your opinion changes like wind. Tannehill is top 10 thenhe is bust. Hell you even think moore is a good qb. Is vicka good qb overall not really but he is not terrible. He is competent just as said but feel free to rant on

Its called not having blind faith in a player. If Geno is the real deal bringing in Vick won't matter. This was a very solid move by Idzik.

Oh please. If the Dolphins would do something similar you Jetsfans would have definitely made more of it than calling it a solid move.
:lol:

I wouldn't want Vick on my team even if he was a HOFer.

The Vick brothers are just bad people period.
Just a reminder about Marcus Vick
[video=youtube;RH2y84tpA2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH2y84tpA2Q[/video]

I was horrified when we signed Marcus Vick. Thankfully he really didn't see much of any playtime and was gone rather quickly. One of Saban's great legacies with the Phins.

As that dog lay on the ground, fighting for air, Quanis Phillips grabbed its front legs and Michael Vick grabbed its back legs. They swung the dog over their head like a jump rope then slammed it to the ground. The first impact didn't kill it. So, Phillips and Vick slammed it again. The two men kept at it, alternating back and forth, pounding the creature against the ground until, at last, the little red dog was dead."

Back
Top Bottom