Video- every Tannehill throw vs the Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Video- every Tannehill throw vs the Jets

I see an inexperienced QB, who has tons of potential. Needs to work on some accuracy, but at times every QB looks inaccurate. However he has zero help from his WR. No disrespect to Bess and Hartline, but when those 2 are ur best WR, especially in the day and age, with a very inexperienced QB you're in deep trouble.

He's not scanning the field but what is just ridiculous is the lack of separation the receivers get. Not defending his poor passes but on a slant none can really get out of press coverage? Also how about once in a while throwing the ball or running patterns that cover more than three yards.

The thing that stands out most to me is the obvious/bad play calling in certain situations. Both FG drives and when we were backed in our endzone. Didn't like it at all..

I keep thinking abut this play on the link below as a template to the QB/WR situation. Landry, even though he slightly stumbles, has enough time to read Tannehill, diagnose the play in his zone, come up from behind Fasano and get in front of him to make the pick 6. Even though the CB- I think it's Cromartie- is tracking the WR in a fly pattern he has enough time to run with him while he's glancing back at Tannehill and makes a quick move back to Fasano just after the throw is made to him. I still would have preferred that Tannehill go deep on that play (who is that WR covered by Cromartie?) but Cromartie is clearly the better athlete and the WR doesn't deserve all that much respect from him. I'd still rather see Chris Hogan and Rishard Matthews out there- the grass may always be greener, but at least they looked like they could separate as opposed to the WRs in there now.

Same problem- Bess and Hartline are decent when decent isn't good enough. The rest are below average.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GquYCGptIwU

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

The thing that stands out most to me is the obvious/bad play calling in certain situations. Both FG drives and when we were backed in our endzone. Didn't like it at all..

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly refer to the play calling as inspired. Going over all of Tannehill's throws, it all looked pretty vanilla.

On the last throw to Hartline, why does Hartline slow up at the 16 yard line? If he runs that route without the stutter, he catches it at the 2.

Thanks and no thanks for the video post. Thanks for assuring me (again) that Tannenhill will be the QB of the future for the Fins. No thanks for showing me the kicker's failed attempts.

Our kicker deserves a swift kick in the nuts! Every player should have taken turns kicking the guy's balls after the game. What a kook!

I think it's clear that his best ability is extending the play and throwing on the run. His field vision and progressions need some work. I think that will come with time.

Thanks and no thanks for the video post. Thanks for assuring me (again) that Tannenhill will be the QB of the future for the Fins. No thanks for showing me the kicker's failed attempts.

Our kicker deserves a swift kick in the nuts! Every player should have taken turns kicking the guy's balls after the game. What a kook!

I'm hoping for good things from Tannehill, but I wasn't impressed after going through his throws 1 by 1. No doubt he's a smart guy with size, brains
and a good arm, but imo he still has something to prove in terms of his football IQ and to a lesser extent his accuracy. His book coming out of Texas A&M was that he stares down his receivers- he's still doing it. Redundant point on my part, but that's my biggest concern with him. No pump fakes, staring down his receivers- not a good combo for an NFL QB. I would imagine that NFL DBs and especially Safeties love playing against him. Peterson, Wilson, Rhodes- they must be licking their chops at the thought of Tannehill coming to town. If Arizona gets some consistent pressure on him it will probably be a long day for us.

wow that game looked a WHOLE lot better when I was getting drunk! poor showing from tannehill, lots of throws behind receivers on crossing routes and too far/outside on the deep ones, let's hope he doesn't keep making the same mistakes and shows improvement in the accuracy category

wow that game looked a WHOLE lot better when I was getting drunk! poor showing from tannehill, lots of throws behind receivers on crossing routes and too far/outside on the deep ones, let's hope he doesn't keep making the same mistakes and shows improvement in the accuracy category

I'm curious, not trying to bash Tannehill- can anyone think of any NFL QBs who stare down receivers more than Tannehill, who are worse at scanning the field?

I'm curious, not trying to bash Tannehill- can anyone think of any NFL QBs who stare down receivers more than Tannehill, who are worse at scanning the field?
Nope, sure cant think of a QB who is worse at that than Tannehill. Clearly he's the worst. Guy sux so hard. Geeze wheres Henne or Lemon! Time to restock the hope shelf, cause this franchise is clean empty. Nope cant think of any,that are worse. Maybe we could get a 3rd from Belichick for him. Not that im patronizing you, or giving any agenda you might have a back scratching. Which clearlyyour question wasnt asking for.

Nope, sure cant think of a QB who is worse at that than Tannehill. Clearly he's the worst. Guy sux so hard. Geeze wheres Henne or Lemon! Time to restock the hope shelf, cause this franchise is clean empty. Nope cant think of any,that are worse. Maybe we could get a 3rd from Belichick for him. Not that im patronizing you, or giving any agenda you might have a back scratching. Which clearlyyour question wasnt asking for.

Ok, let's clarify- I'm referring to current QBs, note the use of the present tense "stare". I kind of like Tannehill so far, and as we all know it's not his fault that the receivers lack separation and play making ability. The point is that he stares down his intended receiver on most of his throws from what I've seen. You may not see a problem there, but I sure do. I knew that it was one of his weaknesses going back to college, but it's worse than I thought it would be. Watch the throws in the link, come to your own conclusions. So back to the point, if you actually have an answer for it as opposed to the your last post- can you think of any NFL QB's who stare (there's that tricky present tense) down QBs more than Tannehill?

I said the exact same thing!

Back
Top Bottom