Video- every Tannehill throw vs the Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Video- every Tannehill throw vs the Jets

Looks to me like Tannehill makes his reads pre-snap, locks on to his target and is not able to go through progressions at this point. There looked to be a few plays when a receiver was running literally uncovered and Tannehill missed it b/c his mind was made up before the snap of the ball. Of course fans then say our receivers suck and can't get open, but that is not the case. All receivers are going to be well covered a significant percentage of time. It is the QBs job to go through his progressions to find a receiver open on that given play and get him the ball.

Maybe that is just the way he is being coached right now and the coaches don't think he is ready for more than that? Whatever the case, at best Tannehill looks like he isn't capable of doing more than a half-field read right now once the ball has been snapped.

Looks to me like Tannehill makes his reads pre-snap, locks on to his target and is not able to go through progressions at this point. There looked to be a few plays when a receiver was running literally uncovered and Tannehill missed it b/c his mind was made up before the snap of the ball. Of course fans then say our receivers suck and can't get open, but that is not the case. All receivers are going to be well covered a significant percentage of time. It is the QBs job to go through his progressions to find a receiver open and get him the ball.

Maybe that is just the way he is being coached right now and the coaches don't think he is ready for more than that? Whatever the case, at best Tannehill looks like he isn't capable of doing more than a half-field read right now once the ball has been snapped.

Exactly.

He's leaving as many plays on the field as the WR's are at times not making them.

Ok, let's clarify- I'm referring to current QBs, note the use of the present tense "stare". I kind of like Tannehill so far, and as we all know it's not his fault that the receivers lack separation and play making ability. The point is that he stares down his intended receiver on most of his throws from what I've seen. You may not see a problem there, but I sure do. I knew that it was one of his weaknesses going back to college, but it's worse than I thought it would be. Watch the throws in the link, come to your own conclusions. So back to the point, if you actually have an answer for it as opposed to the your last post- can you think of any NFL QB's who stare (there's that tricky present tense) down QBs more than Tannehill?
Guess u cant read. I gave u what you want. Yes! He sux worse than any QB.Congrats you're right. He blows! We need a new QB.

Which QB should we target in the draft? Cause its blatantly obvious at this point that Tannehill sux ****. We need a new QB.

Can anyone with a real opinion think of a current NFL QB who stares down receivers more than Tannehill?

No. I cant think of 1. For the 3rd time. You are right. Ryan Tannehill sucks so harsh at stare downs. What more do you want? Im agreeing with you. We need a new QB. Finheaven will regret it if they dont succomb to your opinion.

Lol! Im just messing with ya bud. Lol. Yes he does stare down his primary. But i think he's earned more than enough time to improve. However. If he's showing little or no improvement by seasons end, we may need to draft another guy to compete.

Wow how bad is Amstrong? Tannehill is getting very little help from his skill position players.

He's looks MUCH better in the pocket, in the face of pressure in this game than the other two. Especially his ability to extend plays, which is critical for top Qb play. Certainly the numbers don't bear this out, but we got a young, raw, improving Qb, with top athletic ability and arm. He's not looking over-matched at all. I'm expecting lousy numbers throughout the year, but his play is certainly going to get better. Rejoice Dolphin fans, I think there's hope yet for our franchise!

All I have to say, is if IRELAND does not get FIRED this year, we are doomed. How he can surround this young man with guys like Armstrong, Naanee, Fasano, etc. etc. and be fine with this is beyond me. How does your Roberto Wallace, Marlon Moore, Julius Pruitt 2 year commitment look like now Ireland? Wasted time and resources because of his ego and hubris, thinking he can actually spot "real" talent. Please, You f**king idiot, you gamble like that, you deserve to get fired. It's a G.M.'s job to find talent, it is JEF IRELAND that is overmatched, not Ryan Tannehill.

Ya know, it's gonna get to the point when fans opinions in discussion and debate are going to be meaningless, unless you have video evidence of what you think to back it up.

It will be a SAD day but, it is coming. NFL players are going to become the frogs from biology class, with "so called surgeons" (as opposed to HS kids) dissecting. Just a very general opinion.

Ya know, it's gonna get to the point when fans opinions in discussion and debate are going to be meaningless, unless you have video evidence of what you think to back it up.

It will be a SAD day but, it is coming. NFL players are going to become the frogs from biology class, with "so called surgeons" (as opposed to HS kids) dissecting. Just a very general opinion.

Interesting point, but I'm glad that I saw the video- I saw it first in the Miami Herald. If technology leads to a better understanding, so be it. All I know is that I realized something while watching the video- Tannehill never once scanned the field and the Jets defense was able to follow his eyes to have a much better idea of where the ball was going. Same thing- I like Tannehill. Different thing- I'm far more concerned now about Tannehill locking on to receivers and not scanning the field post snap. He'll scan pre snap but one he is hiked the ball he'll look either left or right, and there he stays. He cuts the field in half, and opposing defenses will feast on that until he corrects it, if he can.

Interesting point, but I'm glad that I saw the video- I saw it first in the Miami Herald. If technology leads to a better understanding, so be it. All I know is that I realized something while watching the video- Tannehill never once scanned the field and the Jets defense was able to follow his eyes to have a much better idea of where the ball was going. Same thing- I like Tannehill. Different thing- I'm far more concerned now about Tannehill locking on to receivers and not scanning the field post snap. He'll scan pre snap but one he is hiked the ball he'll look either left or right, and there he stays. He cuts the field in half, and opposing defenses will feast on that until he corrects it, if he can.

I consider locking on to receivers a trait of a QB who doesn't have experience in the offense he's playing under. Alas, Tanny is not new to Sherman's system. This will be his third year starting under it.

I like watching these. Thanks to whoever puts them together. Our willingness to throw out of our endzone was pretty incredible. There's aggression and then there's madness. I see a lot to like with Tannehill, along with a lot of concerns. His deep accuracy is poor and our insistence on going to it on crucial drives really bit us. In the 1st half, he did a good job of being patient in the pocket and then moving out of it to make a play with his excellent ability to throw on the run. Hope to see more of that.

I count three passes where he stared down his targets. When he rolls out his options are bunched closer together so he can see everything in front of him. Obviously in 3 step drops his throw is determined pre-snap. Really not sure about this issue of staring down his targets is coming from. There are several throws where his accuracy is horrible. But the biggest issue is the tight windows he has to throw into because his targets don't get separation.

i've looked at every rookie qbs games...and i'd still take him the 2nd one of the lot...how long can washington continue to run griffin to contact with 12 carries a game as a runner??? weeden i'm sorry but in 4 years tannys the better looking player to me...hell i'd take him right now...weeden can't elude pressure at all...wilson ehhh the seahawks didn't even have him throw a ball 10 yards against the pack other than the double move easy read and throw td and the last drive of the game...hawks d gonna have to stand on it's head if they're gonna play it that close to the vest going forward to keep that team in games...

i don't think you guys realize how much they ask tanny to do presnap and at the los recognition wise and with this option route system...kids been damn impressive...and we've barely scratched the surface of his athleticism at the position

The thing I really noticed about Tannehill in this game is that hew is not afraid to throw the ball deep (he will learn timing and decision making soon enough). He has the arm strength. He has the intellect. He has the athleticism. He honestly drove the team with those talents twice at the end of the 4th qtr and OT into position to win the game. Honestly, in the end, his receivers, oline, and coaches failed him more than his ability and talent, IMO.

Cut those missed FG out of the video and I would have enjoyed it much more.

Back
Top Bottom