Vikings offer gadsden a deal

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolfan0025, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Dolfan0025

Dolfan0025 Starter

The Minnesota Vikings are expected to make an offer to unrestricted free agent,reciever Orande Gadsden today after meeting with them Thursday evening.

The Vikings are expected to offer him a three year deal worth about 3 million...

So if we dont offer more money or not match the same we lose him? Anyone?
    :confused: :confused:

:monkey:Vikings

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2003
  2. InMyChambers

InMyChambers Sniper

3. Dolfan0025

Dolfan0025 Starter

Man hes really a hungry bastard for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

4. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Well, its good to be right. He's not even getting as much money as Derrius Thompson. I knew it.

I wonder what the incentives were on the contract we offered him because it'd be funny if he'd be making more with us than his first year with the Vikes contract.

5. Prime Time

Prime Time Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

Forget him..team player my ***...all he is looking for is money..screw him

6. Dolfan0025

Dolfan0025 Starter

Im thinking he wants out bad...

7. Dolfan0025

Dolfan0025 Starter

your rite dolphins2002 screw him and his $. I f he dont wanna be a dolphin bye bye!

8. Fresh

Fresh Banned Hammered

Speak some knowledge for once. He doesn't want out, he wants money. :rolleyes:

HUGE difference..

Don't be mad at OG. Be mad at our sorry ***, worthless piece of **** coach. Offering lowball contracts. He needs someone to low-ball him! They offered Thompson more than Hilliard.. :eek:

And I'm happy OG is leaving. Now we can focus on signing a LT and drafting a WAY BETTER WR than OG. With Thompson, what's the big need for Gadsden? :confused:

We need to draft some speed and an explosive player, like Tyrone Calico or Kelly Washington(props to Boomer)..

9. Fresh

Fresh Banned Hammered

Crap? What is "crappy" about it?

Shut the hell up!

your should be you're
    bot should be boy..
    awwF it.. you need language arts class..:rolleyes:

BUT I'M THE 15 YEAR OLD? Kiss my ***..

10. BSQX4

BSQX4 A True Fan

C.K., I'd bet that at the end of the day the Dolphin contract with easy to obtain incentives was more lucrative financially. I heard that he was offered a contract, I did not hear that he accepted the deal. I'll bet if we wanted we could still get him but I don't think the Dolphin brass wants this guy anymore. I feel it's a mistake because Jay is very used to him an he is a very popular player with his teamates. The problem is that if we retain O.G. we still need a true burner and that would mean cutting McKnight. With all the criticism he recieves I remember many times last year where he stepped up and played exceptional, heads up football. If we're cutting him then I want to know that the guy coming in is really a step up from McKnight. He's been in the offense a year, he's a speed guy and the last thing you want to do is cut him and have his replacement drop passes, fumble and hurt us in general. I think Thompson and O.G. on the field at the same time creates some real problems for the defense. Two big strong targets to go with Chambers, McMichael and Konrad. Thats alot of targets with size and ability. Rickey is also a great reciever and is very scary coming out of the backfield. Bottom line, if I'm O.G. I would feel dissed by the front office and go play with Moss and Culpepper. One negative- that's a mighty hard playing surface for a guy with chronically injured toes.

11. Prime Time

Prime Time Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

Guys guys....stop arguing..forget OG he is a hungry craved bastard.

12. Muck

Muck Now completely imaginary Hammered

If I remember correctly, RICK SPEILMAN does the negotiating and puts together contracts. Dave just has the final say on everything. But he usually defers to Speilman. What was that about "knowledge"?? Yeah, calling the coach a "sorry ***, worthless piece of ****" while criticizing the GM's performance really makes you sound like you know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

Also, you lowball a guy for two reasons:

1) You don't have much money to play with.

2) You really don't care if you retain the player or not.

Obviously, the Phins know OG is replaceable. And Thompson looks like he'll be the one to do it.

As for the contracts, I don't know exactly what we offered Hilliard. But we were smart not to break the bank. There was no pressure to sign Ike "Inconsistent/Injury-Prone" Hilliard. However, there WAS pressure to sign Thompson. And we pulled the trigger.