Status
Not open for further replies.

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
MOST ARTISTIC/CREATIVE

The nominations are in and now it is time for the voting board, you the outstanding members of FinHeaven, to determine the winner of this category. Voting for this award will end on January 31st and the winners will be announced on February 1st.

Seeing as how Varrk is caching up because he is a post whore. ;) I figured I would make my case by posting some reminders:

Fin Heaven jersey wallpaper

Some "generic sigs" (yes can use them if you want:

Back when we still had Chad Johnson:
ochocincoswap-1.jpg

Hand drawn Mater Chief
clear.gif

Dolphins wallpapers:

I also designed many avatars for Fin Heaven as well as my sig.

Disturbed Shifty hard at work (and caught in a candid, self-effacing epiphany)

2803yom-1.jpg

None of you are deserving of this award unless you can provide me a gif of Tom Brady getting tackled by the ref's ass!

I think this award should be broken down into 2 sections. Being creative is different than being artistic. Shifty's work is more artistic whereas Vaark's images are more creative. There's a complete contrast of their work when comparing them. Shifty's work can easily be included in a professional portfolio whereas Vaark's are intended for comedy only.

Shifty shouldn't get penalized for that IMO.

I think this award should be broken down into 2 sections. Being creative is different than being artistic. Shifty's work is more artistic whereas Vaark's images are more creative. There's a complete contrast of their work when comparing them. Shifty's work can easily be included in a professional portfolio whereas Vaark's are intended for comedy only.

Thanks Phinz. I agree. If anything this award should be for those that post in the Graphics forum.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

I agree it should be split: there's a major divide between graphics excellence even with some imagination and overall creativity using graphics to make a timely and/or pointed statement. After all, as the saying goes: "one picture is worth a thousand words" I stand my trackrecord on the latter. As far as being penalized, by the same token, as this is a "joint award" category, I got penalized last time for the emphasis being on the graphic excellence. Hopefully next go around we can split the categories but for now I'd pose the rhetorical question: "in an era of graphic sensory overload, which graphics impactfully communicate an idea, opinion, resonates and lingers in your consciousness most residually"

Parenthetically, he's a good buddy who's MIA; however, if you wanna be precise about it, Myles is an excellent technically trained graphics artist also, and probably the only one who incorporates graphics excellence with often side-splitting creativity and humor as he's demonstrated in past contests and MMs.

Shifty is a fine artist (as are you) but not without pecadillos and whom I believe is aptly self-named:

2rqk6dg-1.jpg

I agree it should be split: there's a major divide between graphics excellence even with some imagination and overall creativity using graphics to make a timely and/or pointed statement. After all, as the saying goes: "one picture is worth a thousand words" I stand my trackrecord on the latter. As far as being penalized, by the same token, as this is a "joint award" category, I got penalized last time for the emphasis being on the graphic excellence. Hopefully next go around we can split the categories but for now I'd pose the rhetorical question: "in an era of graphic sensory overload, which graphics impactfully communicate an idea, opinion, resonates and lingers in your consciousness most residually"

Parenthetically, he's a good buddy who's MIA; however, if you wanna be precise about it, Myles is an excellent technically trained graphics artist also, and probably the only one who incorporates graphics excellence with often side-splitting creativity and humor as he's demonstrated in past contests and MMs.

Shifty is a fine artist (as are you) but not without pecadillos and whom I believe is aptly self-named:

2rqk6dg-1.jpg

I don't include myself in the category b/c until yesterday I haven't had Photoshop since October and I also don't have the time or desire to come up with the graphics you create (not an insult, just the truth). I don't expect to ever win in any category I'm ever in only b/c I don't think I'm better than anyone here.

I'd be 100% fine with you and Shifty winning separate awards b/c at least you'd both be recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom