vs Rams will be my first ever game at Sun Life...need some advice

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Hardpoint, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Hardpoint

Hardpoint Dol-Fan in Diaspora, Professional Geek

I'm coming to Miami the week of the Rams game for my first ever trip to Miami. Been a fan for 31 years now and never been to FLA, let alone Miami. I and the wife are coming for our 10th anniversary and have tix in section 116, row 4!!! I want to get there early to explore the stadium and stay late to maybe catch player autographs. So my questions are these.

1. How early on game day can you arrive to go inside the stadium and look around?
    2. Where does one go to hang around for post game autographs?

Win or lose, I love my Fins and will root them on no matter what. Wear you colors with PRIDE...no matter how much you suck. That's my motto. And I feel we're finally on the road to sucking no more.

2. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

Sunscreen and lots of it!

Wear a hat too!

Games at 1PM chances are the gates for tailgate will open up around 8-9AM.

3. petefins

petefins Go DOLPHINS

Drink lots of water and eat a good meal before the game! (Season ticket holder)

I'll be right next to you. Section 115 row 32

You can go on the main website and call/ask them where to go for the autographs. I've never been into them, so I'm not exactly sure..

4. AphexPhin

AphexPhin A True Fan

Damn first time in Miami? Have fun dude! Hope we get a win

5. sensation24

sensation24 Miami Dolphins # 1

I've been there quite a few times for games. If you can get in a good 2 hours before the game and get down to the tunnel where the dolphins come out of you should be good getting autographs. Post game is usually pretty hard from my experience. They do have an area after the game where the dolphins locker room is but they usually drive off. I only got 1 autograph after a dolphins game in Miami and that was Travis Minor's autograph after the falcons game in 2001. So basically I think your best bet for autographs will be before the game down by their tunnel. You are in the 100s section so even if they check tickets for the lower level you should be gravy. Hope that helps and have a blast at the game broseph

6. So Be

So Be A True Fan

Are you coming to South Beach or, just the game?

7. Hardpoint

I will be coming to the Miami area for a few days. I get in sometime the Thursday before the game and leave at dawn roughly on the Tuesday after. My hope is to hit up a Shula's Steakhouse sometime during the trip as well. Probably post game.

8. Kdiamond

Kdiamond Well-Known Member Donator

Well how nice! You should enjoy your time here. We're usually at the stadium by 10am and it is already rocking! Tailgating is da bomb!

9. rickdogg75

rickdogg75 Active Member

I'm coming down for that game from NC myself. I'm from HollyHood so I'm no stranger but I haven't lived in FL for a lot of years. Looking forward to the game and my trip...they need to win, that's all I know.

10. Yeahthatone2000

Yeahthatone2000 Yeahthatone2000

Awesome, count me in as another finatic making his first trip to Miami. I've been a huge dolphin fan for nearly 20 years and making my first trip ever to Miami. I'm flying in from socal and will be sitting In sec 141 row 20.

FINS UP!!!!!!!

11. TPD1479

TPD1479 Seasoned Veteran

Nice I'm coming down from NY for the game. Just get there early explore and enjoy. The first time is like nothing else My first game was Dallas I remember it like it was yesterday we lost but I was a day ill always remember. If before the game you can get seats in the blue section (name is slipping my mind right now) you get to go inside and see Super Bowl trophies and lots of other awesome stuff

12. Hardpoint

So I was at the stadium tonight. My wife and I were driving by and we stopped in as the grounds crew were working on the field. We just walked onto the field and no one said boo. We even talked with one of the grounds guys who was really cool. We made sure not to interfere in any way, but I got to take some pics down on the field and even touch one of the goalposts!!!! MAN this trip to Miami has been AWESOME!!!

13. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

If you're good and drunk head Southbound on I-95 to US1. Hit Casola's on US1 and 17th near the University of Miami.

Great late night drunk pizza. Best ever. Open until 4:00AM.

Or head out to The Grove and grab some Moose Juice at Mr. Moe's.

14. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

Hey guys, I know the home side is shady but does that shade reach section 130 by the endzone? I know you get cooked in the 400s up by that scoreboard.

15. Romy148

Romy148 Well-Known Member

goin to the game too lets hope we kick ***

16. imafinfan

imafinfan Scout Team

My first Dolphins game was against the Rams too,but the stadium was Joe Robbie and the qb was #13. come to think of it they were the L.A Rams back then.:)

17. KTDolphins

KTDolphins You have made me angry very angry indeed

I am loving how I hear so many are attending the game, fill that stadium up boys. I want to hear it rocking when the game comes on.

18. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

You guys will have a great time...I actually really like the fans areas in that stadium, much better than Tampa's new stadium(where I live).....a lot more room and less congested.

19. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I am jealous. I will take the "issues" of having to drink water and apply sunscreen compared to the weather where I am now. Lol.

20. The_Phish

The_Phish A True Fan

Scream....Loud! Especially when the Ram's offence is on the field! Have an awesome time, and say hi to Zach and JT for me. Go Phins!

21. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Man have a great time..............

22. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

If the game looks done one way or the other, leave 15-20 minutes early unless you don't mind sitting in traffic. Parking lot is a ***** and a half to get out of. Naturally, all of that goes out the window if the game is close.

23. shadow111

shadow111 Member

Have been there once due to the distance from Canada> Went with my Son. Both die hard Dolphins. You'll love it. The whole experience. Look for the Maniac, we hung out with him for a bit, quit the character. Enjoy and hope we get a win for ya

24. Adam First

Adam First Don't Hate Miami Finheaven VIP Donator

I usually arrive an hour before the game and get a spot in the lot right off the Turnpike, but I usually don't tailgate. The parking lots open I believe three hours prior to kickoff for tailgaters, the stadium gates will open one hour before kickoff.

Bring at least 40 dollars cash in your pocket - 25 dollars will go to parking (unless you pre-purchased parking)

It's best that you eat before you enter the stadium - most concessions are less than desirable, and in the high single digits for cost. Sodas, water and Gatorade runs between 4-6 dollars, beer starts at 9 dollars.

A hat and sunscreen is recommended, but it may be a cloudy day at the stadium - you may be able to get away with it.

Since the Rams are one of the worst traveling fanbases in the NFL, this is going to be a game full of Dolphins fans. Take it all in.

25. joeharley666

joeharley666 Banned Hammered

Word of advice, there are better restaurants than Shula's. been there a couple of times to give it a chance and both time's disappointing

26. BMM

BMM FinHeaven VIP

The parking lots open four hours before kickoff (9am for 1pm games). The stadium gates open two hours before kickoff (11am for 1pm games).

27. Kevlared

Kevlared Well-Known Member

bring a hat and a towel. you wanna try and get there 2 hours early to avoid the traffic.

28. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

This.

Shula's is average at the very best. Prime 112 is the superior option.

And Shula's 48oz steak deal is a rip off.

29. Cloudy

Cloudy MustNotSleep-MustWarnOthers

Hope you have fun at Sunlife Stadium today! I remember my first time going as a kid and I was just floored by the festive atmosphere. Of course it was my first time being in that kind of setting but it's definitely a memory I'll always remember. Go Dolphins!