Wade Smith and JT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade Smith and JT

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I keep hearing about how great Wade will be this year. How he needed more bulk and gained 10+lbs of muscle. How his foot work is incredible (like it should be for a TE). However I also hear how JT is making Wade his biatch in practice. Does this mean JT is just that incredible this year, or that Wade is a bit over-hyped? If Wade is over-hyped a bit then he will still suffer against the likes of freeney, kearse etc.

By the way I was a bit disapointed we did not pick up a particular TE after he was not drafted. I cant remember his name but he was a TE playing at 350lbs +. If the Wade experiment has gone so well why not try again. The TE have the footwork. This guy had the size. Could you imagine him playing at RG? He must have some speed and pulling G that size would be amazing. Even if he was never a good enough blocker to play on the line he could always be a good 3rd TE to block on goalline type situations.

so far its mainly because they don´t have pads on, from what i heard, JT is always eating up on every LT we had , with no pads on, although there was a report from FOX i think, that smith has improved, but the real test will come if they start to hit each other

The TE you're thinking of is Jason Peters, he signed with the Bills.

Also, JT would be dominating any OT in the league right now (mini-camps).

Well, I think JT to be one of the best as his spot, so no matter how good Wade is or has become, JT will beat him more often then not. JT only has sub par games against pro bowlers mostly. Wade is improving but not a pro bowler.

Remember tho, Wade won't be going up against JT caliber ends every game and playing against JT in practice will help him improve faster.

bigmiamifan said:
Well, I think JT to be one of the best as his spot, so no matter how good Wade is or has become, JT will beat him more often then not. JT only has sub par games against pro bowlers mostly. Wade is improving but not a pro bowler.

Remember tho, Wade won't be going up against JT caliber ends every game and playing against JT in practice will help him improve faster.

Yea, JT is the best thing that could happen for WS

JT is arguably the best DE in the league. 95% of the teams in the league double him up. Therefore, very few LT's could handle him one on one. Wade's just a victim of circumstance. I also agree that him practicing against Taylor should definitely improve his game against lesser opponents.

I also agree the work agianst JT will improve Wade quite a bit. Therefore the Wally hold out hurts Carey also. He could certainly benefit from going against a pro bowl RDE. Teach him what NOT to do. This Wally thing is hurting us on many levels :shakeno: .

dreadlockera said:
I also agree the work agianst JT will improve Wade quite a bit. Therefore the Wally hold out hurts Carey also. He could certainly benefit from going against a pro bowl RDE. Teach him what NOT to do. This Wally thing is hurting us on many levels :shakeno: .
true that...JUST SIGN, OGUN.:shakeno:

dreadlockera said:
Anyone have an opinion on Peters? I heard he signed with the Jills. That burns me even more.

He blocks like a lineman and used his 4.7 speed to catch two deep passes for TD's at the open practice I attended. One pass he caught was an 80 yarder.... and the man is 320 lbs! Try tackling that!

The one issue with him is that he is very raw and needs to learn the nuances of the NFL game.... but the talent is there and he will definately be a threat in goal line situations.

Back
Top Bottom