Wade Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wade Smith

BuffBillsMan90

is Clumpalicious!!
Reaction score
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7713940.htm

Smith's extensive playing time allowed him to earn an escalator salary clause in his contract for the 2003 season. His salary that season will more than double to approximately $1.3 million

There is something wrong with this........his salary for 2003 was $225,000 and his cap number was $378,125. Doubling the cap number only gets ya to $756,250. NFLPA has not adjusted any of his salaries but RW's salaries for 2004 & 2005 have been increased based upon 2003 performance. I could see a salary escalator for future yrs but this just doesn't make much sense.......yet.

Merman? Aqua?

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the article and it is very evident that the author (liar???) doesn't understand the information from the NFLPA. I have complained about this before that since some reporters don't understand the salary cap thier explanations do not make sense. The numbers may not either. Wade must have just received a NLTBE incentive. How much is anyone's guess since the explanation is so poor it gives you no confidence that what they are saying is correct.

It could also be the editor shortening the explanation into garbage.

I wondered about that. It's as if Smith got that big increase because he made the All-Rookie team. That's what Joe Average Reader is left to think.

Back
Top Bottom