Wait a min? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wait a min?

flip

Starter
Reaction score
With all these players that we are cutting how much are we saving?

28 million, how much will we use? and when?
since this yeal is light on quality FA do they save some $$ for next year?

I've been wondering this as well. But, I'd also like to know what next year's cap is starting to shape up to be. (Not worried about next year's cap $$$$, I'm just wondering what savings we have right now, for next year, using this year's cap.)

I.E. we have saved $18M on this year's cap from recent cuts, but that $18M becomes $24M next year.

hey..can someone please explain the whole cap thing? I mean..i'vde ead about it and stuff...But my english isnt great yet..Can you give it to me in a simpler form? From what i udnerstand..Thre is certaint amount of money can spent on their players. But how excatly it works, i dont understant. Can somebody pleae explain it to me?
ou can explain it right here, or PM me, or Aim me = Mari0k
or message my on myspace
www.myspace.com/mari0k

ummm well everyteam in the NFL has max amount of money they can spend all together. when they add up all the players on the teams roster they have to be less than or equal to that amount. The amount is called the salary cap. The team takes all of this into account when signing ,releasing, and trading players. When you cut a player you save money but usually depending on the contract you dont save all of it. sorry but its a long complicated thing and almost impossible to explain in typing.....but thats a really shortened version(explanation) of it.

We must sign Porter. He is the only good player on the market and we have tons of cap space.

Back
Top Bottom