Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Akronfinfan36, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Akronfinfan36

Akronfinfan36 Please win another title before I die

2. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

The "experts" are idiots.
    Chubbs

3. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

I would probably have him in the top 5.

4. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

Allen and Abraham are on their way out...but you have to take into account what they did the last few years..How Tamba Hali is ahead of Wake is pretty insane...

I think maybe one of the best pure pass rushers in the league..

5. RockyMtnPhinfan

RockyMtnPhinfan A True Fan Donator

How many of them made it to the pro bowl? There ya go

6. vagrantprodigy

vagrantprodigy A True Fan

The problem with many of the people on ESPN.com is that they cover their division, and ignore the rest of the league. I honestly think that many of us are more well informed about the league in general that many of them.

7. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

Jaren Allen's only 28, younger than Wake.

8. Tunaphish429

Wow, didnt realize that..He had a better year last year than I thought he had as well.

9. SecondhandJet

SecondhandJet Banned Hammered

I love reading Dolphin boards. Cam Wake is the next Lawrence Taylor. Soliai is second only to Ngata. Vonte Davis is better than Revis. Chad Henne is going to be Joe Montana now that Henning is gone. Marshall is a Top 5 WR. Jake Long has no equals and might be the son of Paul Bunyan.

Looking at those rankings, I'd take everyone out of the Top 10 over Wake with the exception of Julius Peppers. But then again, personally, I'd take Mario Williams and Suggs over Wake and they're not in the Top 10.

10. Crzynick25

Crzynick25 Seasoned Veteran

I agree he was better this year than a lot on that list, but in fairness he only has 1 year to go by, while all the rest have been doing it for many years. Its hard to rank Wake any higher right now until he has a bigger body of work, look at Javon Kearse his rookie year he was a monster and he made people look silly, but then it turned out the guy only had one move and lineman figured him out and he was only above average for the remainder of his career. As mush as we would love to think Wake is going to be awesome for years to come we just don't know yet. Joey Porter had 17.5 sacks two years ago and has done nothing since.

11. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Wouldn't that be akin to the TGG circle jerk where DBrick is considered an top5 LT, Cromartie an elite CB, Holmes is a top 10 WR, the 09 playoff run having nothing to do with Polian and Caldwell's permission to advance, Mrs Lance Bass on the way to developing into a competent QB, and immoral, adulterous, perverted lifestyles being perfectly okay so long as they're between consenting adults ???

[​IMG]

12. Tunaphish429

LMAO, Whoever said Solia is 2nd only to Ngata needs to be slapped.. Ngata is not really a tru NT...Ravens move him all around so..not really a great comparison..Wake is a great player...He fell off a bit the last games of the year last year...but you have to admit you would love for him to be a Jet right now..
    Davis is not better than Revis...Marshall is a top 5 WR...

13. Tunaphish429

Hey Rex check out my girls feet..

You like?

[​IMG]

14. Farmer

Farmer ROLL!

No Orakpo at all, thats pretty interesting!

15. Retnuhrace

Retnuhrace Seasoned Veteran

Exactly. To be considered an elite pass rusher, You need to do around what Wake did for several consecutive years. He's right where he should be at this point.

16. The Furminister

The Furminister The Juggernaut

To be top 5, my guess he is gonna need the type of season this year as he did last year.

17. beanh8er

beanh8er A True Fan Donator

See these top 5 lists are arbitrary. A week ago they went by last season production only. Cam Wake is top 5 after Freeney, Ware, Suggs, and Hali. Clay Matthews is the most overrated pass rusher in the league and got most of his sacks on stunts rather than beating a man one on one, and he was hardly ever a down lineman.

18. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

That's the difference between Jets fans and Dolphins fans, I don't read Jets boards.

In the words of the immortal Larry The Cable Guy "It's like wiping before you poop it don't make sense".

19. Valandui

Jake Long only has one equal in the league (Joe Thomas), Marshall is a top 5 WR, and Vontae Davis has had a more consistent first two seasons than Revis did (not saying he is better, just that Revis' first two seasons weren't that great).

20. Myles Fynch

Myles Fynch durka durka

Agreed... I would have trouble putting someone in the top 5 at any position based on one year. Consistency helps define greatness in my book. Not saying I'd never do it, but I'm not surprised a panel of non-Dolphin fans wouldn't cut Cam a break.

Also don't really care what they think, so no worries for me.

:)

21. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

all that talent and not a playoff push either of the last 2 years.

Revis was a top corner by year 2- where is this nonsense comingthat his first 2 years weren't that good? he became the best in year 3 but he as still damn good for a rookie and then a top corner in his 2nd year.

22. hoops

hoops exited stage left

revis has been legit since he came in the league...

23. hoops

hoops exited stage left

what the heck??? clay matthews is a beast...

24. jlfin

jlfin old pro

Exaggerate much? Funny before the Phins traded for Marshall he was considered a consensus top 5 WR (outside of this forum). No one ever compared Henne to Montana. Soliai is not Ngata (no one said he was) but he is a force in the middle (just ask Mangold).
    Wake's stats speak for themselves, no ones opinion matters, he has proved it ON THE FIELD (unlike the overpaid, over rated OLB Calvin Pace)

25. Valandui

Year three he was phenomenal. Year two he was pretty good. Year one was very inconsistent. I'm not saying he's bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not exactly like he was being avoided by teams until this past season, mainly due to his play in year three. Who was playing opposite of him before Cromartie, Lito Sheppard for one year? Some other guys? Despite all of that, teams were still willing to throw the ball at him.

26. beanh8er

He's good but way overrated as a pass rusher. It's not hard to get sack when no one blocks you.

27. hoops

hoops exited stage left

ummm i think thats crazy talk...matthews is a whole lot more than a guy who only makes plays when he's got a clean look...he gives tackles fits on the edge...

28. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Wake is one of the top few best pass rushers in the league - no worse than 4th.

J. Allen shouldn't be in the conversation. He's strictly a motor pass rusher.

Freeney, Ware, Matthews, and Wake are the top 4. Hali is 5th. There's a big drop off after those five.

29. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Year 1 he was good, year 2 he was really good, year 3 he was the best. Vontae Davis is nowhere near Darrelle Revis.

Who cares if teams were stupid enough to throw his way? They weren't having success against him.

30. beanh8er

He can give them fits but Quite a few sacks were unblocked/blitzes whereas a guy like Wake had all of his sacks by just beating the man across from him. I think that's my main problem with it.

31. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

lol how ironic. Jets fans are silly.

32. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

You realize you are quouting the guy who makes excues no matter what dolphin players/coaches/mgmt does, right? This guy said Braylon Edwards should be suspended b/c he got arrested for DUI during the season but that no punishment was needed for the 2 dolphin players arrested last offseason for the same offense b/c it was the offseason.

By the way, Brick is a top 5 LT, Holmes is a top 10 WR and Cro is nowhere near a top 10 CB.

33. beanh8er

I think you're mad he verbally raped you.

34. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I gotta agree with this guy. Despite hating Mr. Bean?!

But anyways, Long > D'Brick, Marshall > Holmes, and well Revis > Vontae > Cromartie

35. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

he wasn't responding to me and nothing he does gets me mad. It's all childish inulst b/c the guy cannot keep up in football discussions. I laugh at him not w/ him.

Long and Brick are close, Marshall and Holmes are close. revis and Vontae are not close.

Are we going to go through another offseason where phin fans tell me how Miami has a better QB, RBS, WRs, OL, DL, LBs, DBs, coaches and then you finish 3-4 games behind us again? isn't it amazing w/ all the talent you guys think you have you haven't even competed for a playoff spot the last 2 years?

36. Built2Win

Built2Win A True Fan

i think if you were to ask opposing lineman who had to stop wake
    they would say wake was the hardest to stop from sacking the quarterback
    lets forgot what players did in years past
    im talking about what have u done for me lately and wake has delivered the goods..

It is amazing sparano took so long to realize the talent he had in wake
    he was a true gem best free agency pick up this regime has had
    maybe we should spend more time in Canada..

37. footsteps_falco

footsteps_falco Damn SugarBowl Finheaven VIP Donator

if i have to read the same comment over and over about the playoffs the past 2 years i will rip my eyes out, i mean do you say anything else? it's not like you made it to the superbowl buddy, you got knocked out, that doesn't warrant bragging rights to a team that waxes that *** on the reg.

Brick is nowhere near long, not even close. neither is marshall and holmes. Vontae may not be where revis is, but he will soon enough.

if you gave me the choice of brick, holmes, revis or long, marshall, davis, i guarentee me and every other football fan with a brain would pick our 3. also just for ****s and giggles, add harris and dansby into the mix, add scott and wake into the mix. yup we still have the better crew there.

38. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Ahh, for years all our championships and trips to the Superbowl (having to win more than 1 PO game to get there mind you) didn't matter if we didn't win. Now you're singing a different tune, eh? And do you still think Kerry Rhodes and Calvin Pace ares elite while Cam Wake is over-hyped :). You continue to do a good imitation of the Washington Generals - but sorry, as I keep reinforcing, unlike TGG, this is the "No Spin Zone" You and the other joker both make my case

Oh and Vontae's closer to Revis at the same stage of development than Brick is to Jake - by a long shot

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011
  39. Built2Win

Built2Win A True Fan

jets have a better offensive line and i hate to say it a better quarterback
    they have way better special teams than the dolphins and a better tight end..
    The defenses are basically a wash..maybe a slight nod to the dolphins
    this is why we can handle the jets head to head..though he is right we 3 games below them

40. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Every homer dolphin fan would pick the Miami trio, those that know the game and want to win would go w/ the Jets trio b/c revis is the best player out of tose 6.

Isn't it amazing how you have the better talent yet you wer 2 games behind us in '09 and 4 games behind us in '10? Strange how that works out, huh?

I realize reading has never been a friend of yous but when did I ever diminish Miami winning 2 Super Bowls? When have I ever said the jets were a better franchise than Miami all time?

Brick is on the same level as Long, Vontae is nowhere near Revis. Stop being a homer, it makes you look even sillier than you already are. I ask again- isn't it amazing how Miami is better than the jets in every area except wins?