Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wake 10th ranked pass rusher according to "experts"

See these top 5 lists are arbitrary. A week ago they went by last season production only. Cam Wake is top 5 after Freeney, Ware, Suggs, and Hali. Clay Matthews is the most overrated pass rusher in the league and got most of his sacks on stunts rather than beating a man one on one, and he was hardly ever a down lineman.

I love reading Dolphin boards. Cam Wake is the next Lawrence Taylor. Soliai is second only to Ngata. Vonte Davis is better than Revis. Chad Henne is going to be Joe Montana now that Henning is gone. Marshall is a Top 5 WR. Jake Long has no equals and might be the son of Paul Bunyan.

Looking at those rankings, I'd take everyone out of the Top 10 over Wake with the exception of Julius Peppers. But then again, personally, I'd take Mario Williams and Suggs over Wake and they're not in the Top 10.

That's the difference between Jets fans and Dolphins fans, I don't read Jets boards.

In the words of the immortal Larry The Cable Guy "It's like wiping before you poop it don't make sense".

I love reading Dolphin boards. Cam Wake is the next Lawrence Taylor. Soliai is second only to Ngata. Vonte Davis is better than Revis. Chad Henne is going to be Joe Montana now that Henning is gone. Marshall is a Top 5 WR. Jake Long has no equals and might be the son of Paul Bunyan.

Looking at those rankings, I'd take everyone out of the Top 10 over Wake with the exception of Julius Peppers. But then again, personally, I'd take Mario Williams and Suggs over Wake and they're not in the Top 10.
Jake Long only has one equal in the league (Joe Thomas), Marshall is a top 5 WR, and Vontae Davis has had a more consistent first two seasons than Revis did (not saying he is better, just that Revis' first two seasons weren't that great).

To be top 5, my guess he is gonna need the type of season this year as he did last year.

Agreed... I would have trouble putting someone in the top 5 at any position based on one year. Consistency helps define greatness in my book. Not saying I'd never do it, but I'm not surprised a panel of non-Dolphin fans wouldn't cut Cam a break.

Also don't really care what they think, so no worries for me.

:)

Jake Long only has one equal in the league (Joe Thomas), Marshall is a top 5 WR, and Vontae Davis has had a more consistent first two seasons than Revis did (not saying he is better, just that Revis' first two seasons weren't that great).

all that talent and not a playoff push either of the last 2 years.

Revis was a top corner by year 2- where is this nonsense comingthat his first 2 years weren't that good? he became the best in year 3 but he as still damn good for a rookie and then a top corner in his 2nd year.

See these top 5 lists are arbitrary. A week ago they went by last season production only. Cam Wake is top 5 after Freeney, Ware, Suggs, and Hali. Clay Matthews is the most overrated pass rusher in the league and got most of his sacks on stunts rather than beating a man one on one, and he was hardly ever a down lineman.

what the heck??? clay matthews is a beast...

Exaggerate much? Funny before the Phins traded for Marshall he was considered a consensus top 5 WR (outside of this forum). No one ever compared Henne to Montana. Soliai is not Ngata (no one said he was) but he is a force in the middle (just ask Mangold).
Wake's stats speak for themselves, no ones opinion matters, he has proved it ON THE FIELD (unlike the overpaid, over rated OLB Calvin Pace)

all that talent and not a playoff push either of the last 2 years.

Revis was a top corner by year 2- where is this nonsense comingthat his first 2 years weren't that good? he became the best in year 3 but he as still damn good for a rookie and then a top corner in his 2nd year.
Year three he was phenomenal. Year two he was pretty good. Year one was very inconsistent. I'm not saying he's bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not exactly like he was being avoided by teams until this past season, mainly due to his play in year three. Who was playing opposite of him before Cromartie, Lito Sheppard for one year? Some other guys? Despite all of that, teams were still willing to throw the ball at him.

He's good but way overrated as a pass rusher. It's not hard to get sack when no one blocks you.

ummm i think thats crazy talk...matthews is a whole lot more than a guy who only makes plays when he's got a clean look...he gives tackles fits on the edge...

Wake is one of the top few best pass rushers in the league - no worse than 4th.

J. Allen shouldn't be in the conversation. He's strictly a motor pass rusher.

Freeney, Ware, Matthews, and Wake are the top 4. Hali is 5th. There's a big drop off after those five.

Year three he was phenomenal. Year two he was pretty good. Year one was very inconsistent. I'm not saying he's bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not exactly like he was being avoided by teams until this past season, mainly due to his play in year three. Who was playing opposite of him before Cromartie, Lito Sheppard for one year? Some other guys? Despite all of that, teams were still willing to throw the ball at him.

Year 1 he was good, year 2 he was really good, year 3 he was the best. Vontae Davis is nowhere near Darrelle Revis.

Who cares if teams were stupid enough to throw his way? They weren't having success against him.

ummm i think thats crazy talk...matthews is a whole lot more than a guy who only makes plays when he's got a clean look...he gives tackles fits on the edge...

He can give them fits but Quite a few sacks were unblocked/blitzes whereas a guy like Wake had all of his sacks by just beating the man across from him. I think that's my main problem with it.

Back
Top Bottom