Wake Miami's most efficient pass rusher | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wake Miami's most efficient pass rusher

one of the main and probably only reasons porter is getting all the time is

A) his name is Joey Porter and not cameron wake and is playing off past accomplishments
B) His contract
C) do u f'in blame Sporano, how would u like to be the 2nd year head coach of a struggling team and tell a great has been OLB with an ego unimaginable that a CFL player is starting ahead of him lmaoo Joey wuld probably woop his *** and spit on him, then talk **** cuz thats wat hes best at this season..

Porter runs his mouth every week like he's about to give a big performance then falls on his face. That's about to get old real quick. I don't think too many players start their first year out with big sack numbers against NFL offensive tackles. You have to practice against them and play real games against them. For anyone to already judge Wake as incapable or not likely to produce is just biased bologna. He's shown nothing but promise.

Because he don't have a complete skill set to play DE/OLB in the league? I guess a OLB/DE being able to cover or stop the run is so yesteryear.

The BUF game is Wake's coming out party. But sit down and look at BUF's OLINE that game. 2 Tackles that were 3rd/4th string at best, and 2 ROOKIE Guards. Sure Wake had a great game, but when he gets his chance against the likes of Brees/Sanchez/Brady he comes away w/ 1 sack. If the guy was a complete LB/DE, he would be playing. But he isn't.

:jimmyjames:

I doubt Porter is on this team next year, let's find out what Wake can do and what he needs to improve on. While we're at it let's do the same with Turner on offense!

Because he don't have a complete skill set to play DE/OLB in the league? I guess a OLB/DE being able to cover or stop the run is so yesteryear.

The BUF game is Wake's coming out party. But sit down and look at BUF's OLINE that game. 2 Tackles that were 3rd/4th string at best, and 2 ROOKIE Guards. Sure Wake had a great game, but when he gets his chance against the likes of Brees/Sanchez/Brady he comes away w/ 1 sack. If the guy was a complete LB/DE, he would be playing. But he isn't.

I think it is simply that the staff doesn't have the balls to sit Porter. He was in the Buffalo game because Porter was hurt, and much to Porter's dismay...he showed that he was worth a further look. In fact, he looks one hell of a lot better than Porter. Porter is crap against the run, so having Wake in there won't be much of difference there. Also, I rarely see Porter in coverage...so no loss there either...

That would be almost all the LB's outside of JT imo.

Frankly if he got more snaps, at this point I wouldn't care. The sooner he can prove people one way or the other right or wrong the better off this team will be. MIA isn't destined for the playoffs and will end up being a avg team with a avg record.

But again I just don't believe he brings enough to the game to warrant more snaps. You either believe in this CS or you don't. I was told this excuse non stop about Penny. Wake fans need to understand that reality also.

I understand your points. And Wake may not be the answer, but at this point Porter is not producing and needs to be replaced by someone...anyone...and Wake so far is looking like he deserves a shot at being that someone...

Wake probably hasn't even hit 60 snaps this year

Yep...when Sparano says he got 11 snaps in the game...I bet that includes his special teams plays. I doubt he had more than 5 actual plays lined up on defense. I think he only had those two in the first half...

:jimmyjames:

Even saying what I did, it isn't enough. You want me to say Wake is a beast? That he can cut it in the NFL? Well we can ALL speculate to why he isn't getting more snaps....but the fact is this COACHING STAFF isn't giving him the snaps. NOT ME.

Let him sink or swim. Frankly I don't care. This team is a 9-7/ 8-8 team that needs to look to tomorrow. This CS and FO brought this team into this season w/ glaring holes. OLB/ILB one of them...people like myself wanted Henne earlier, and I was told this CS/FO believed that Penny was the answer. Well this goes the same....if WAKE was the answer he would be playing more. It sucks but it is what it is.

:thanks:

What does Porter even do? All I seem him do is run past the play, or get stood up by the tackle. It seems like either one of those is happening every play. And if he does manage to get the tackle, it is 7-8 yards downfield
run his mouth. he is very good at that.

Orakpo leads all rookies with 5.5 sacks. I haven't seen the numbers, but I'm fairlllllllly confident he's been getting more snaps than Cam Wake. There seems to be a sentiment floating around that Wake's sack numbers mean nothing because of the Buffalo game.... Sacks are so difficult to come by, though.. let's not lose sight of that. 1 sack a game is a hall of fame career. It's just ridiculous that he isn't playing more.

I think it's time to find out what we have in both Wake and Turner. Wake makes plays, so put him on the field so he can learn to be a complete LB, sure we are going to take our lumps but at 3-5 we are hardly SB ready. We need to find out if Turner can even play at this level. The other guys that we have at his position are not getting it done to say the least. If they get to play we at least will have an idea going into next season if what we have is adequate.

Sorry Dubz but to argue that Wake should not get reps because he is one dimensional is walking headlong into an argument about the value of Porter who has been one dimensional for YEARS now. If Wake is rushing the passer BETTER than Porter... then just what do we have to lose?

and please no more 'Level of Competition'... JT was out against that same Buffalo OL... Have we not seen enough of Wake now to evaluate the player instead of constantly referencing who he has played against or who has cut him in the past?

Lastly the 'Penny situation' has ABSOLUTELY no bearing on the present Wake debate. Pennington like it or not was still playing at a high level... You wanted to see Henne, fair enough but the coaches were far more JUSTIFIED in keeping Penny in on sunday than they are right now.

THE REAL ISSUE IS THE FACT THAT PORTER IS NOT PERFORMING.

What????

at this point, he is playing better than Porter who had 0 tackles last game... What do you have to lose?

:tumbleweed:
He only came away with 1 sack vs Brees/Sanchez/Brady........duh ..he barely played! Wake is a better player than Porter.

Back
Top Bottom