Wake needs to watch some A. Smith film. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wake needs to watch some A. Smith film.

madmic21

Active Roster
Reaction score
Wake always seems to try and go around the corner in his pass rush attempts. Smith dominated tonight because he has the ability to make a inside move. Wake is always being held going around the edge. Needs to become more versatile. His game will improve leaps and bounds. Note. Drunk.

Aldon has physical attributes such as size and arm length that Wake doesn't possess to be as dominating as Smith can be. I think Wake has plenty of moves in his arsenal. That being said, everybody should watch film and try to get better. But watching film won't make Wake any taller or his arms grow longer.

Edit:

After looking, they are almost identical size.. But it seems like Smith has longer arms that allows him to do more.

I just see Wake as a guy that is somewhat a 1 trick pony. Smith was obviously a freak tonight. And Wake is not quite on par. But after seeing Wake being wrapped around the neck all year as an outside rusher it becomes clearly understandable that he needs an attack to beat tackles underneath.

I wonder how Jake Long is going to hold up against Smith?

I wonder how Jake Long is going to hold up against Smith?

He's going to suck, just like he has all season. Against any type of pass rusher, speed or power, he's been sucking.

Sad that we had such a high pick and ended up getting a potential HOFer but got derailed by injuries and now just sucking. In hindsight that pick could've went to plenty of other players that would've been on this team next year.

Long and Martin need to watch the film of Smith. lol.

Well we'll find out soon against the 49ers but I have a feeling, Long is going to get called for a few holding penalties.

If Wake went against Gabe Carini the whole game one on one and Cambell the Qb he would have 8 sacks .. Not to takeaway from Smith he is a beast but come on if u watched that the game it was a joke that dude should not be playing right tackle and Cambell holds the ball forever.. I with Wake they should all be watching film on him.

Wake and Odrick should be our Smiths. Unfortunately they can't decide whether they're trying to turn Jared into a nose tackle or an edge rusher.

As someone already mentioned, Carini freaking sucked bad last night. The guy was often blocking air and almost falling on his face. He was also getting bullrushed into the QB, which should be unacceptable for any lineman.

Back
Top Bottom