Walt Aikins - Athletic Freak | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walt Aikins - Athletic Freak

Developmental player who will start on STs right away. Carry on.

Walt Aikens and Jamar Taylor learning Cortland Finnegan and Brent Grimes could be a very good thing. Throw in Will Davis and Deion Belue and Miami could end up ok at the corners.

Developmental player who will start on STs right away. Carry on.

Exactly. While impressive that he can dunk like that it has zero to do with his ability to cover a wide receiver. I hope he turns in to something, big time.

Exactly. While impressive that he can dunk like that it has zero to do with his ability to cover a wide receiver. I hope he turns in to something, big time.

I wouldn't say "zero". Brent Grimes' ability to out-jump receivers seems to serve him quite well.

He has put some impressive play on tape, albeit against a lower level of competition. But lets not forget, he was part of a Division I program at Illinois and was actually named to the Big 10's All-Freshman team while with the Illini. He's not your normal small school project, as he actually has a Division-I pedigree.

walter football gave aiken aan A- grade. they went on to say.......... .

Someone in our Draft Day feature begged the Dolphins for more height in the secondary. He got his wish with the tall Walt Aikens. Cortland Finnegan is currently slated to start at corner for Miami, which has "disaster area" written all over it. Even though he's a fourth-round pick, Aikens could end up starting over the anemic Finnegan at some point this season.

Hopefully after a year of seasoning he takes a step next year along with Taylor. Finnegan I think will be gone next year

I listened to an interview by Aiken's college coach on WINZ, and loved what he had to say about Aiken.

I say baptism by fire. He's used to being a Flamer any way (Put the cake down Sam! :lol: ). Get it? Flamer? :lol: Too soon? :(

Any way, we're obviously pumping up our picks because they are our picks. Our pilfering of small schools is more worrisome than exciting.

I wouldnt invest too much emotional stock outside of JaWuany Football and Jarvis "Hands as serious as Tom" Landry.

Thanks for the vids, though. Enjoyed them.

Hopefully he can develop. We are gonna need him and Taylor to step up. Draft a corner or two every year until we have high caliber players

Any way, we're obviously pumping up our picks because they are our picks. Our pilfering of small schools is more worrisome than exciting.

I wouldnt invest too much emotional stock outside of JaWuany Football and Jarvis "Hands as serious as Tom" Landry.

Very true and and even with Landry I'm hoping for the best but not expecting much. The good news though is there could be 2 or 4 players from last years draft that steps up and makes an impact for us. I would expect Jordan, at least one of the CBs and one out of Sims, Jenkins or Thomas to contribute.

I say baptism by fire. He's used to being a Flamer any way (Put the cake down Sam! :lol: ). Get it? Flamer? :lol: Too soon? :(

Thanks for the vids, though. Enjoyed them.

If Lankford makes the team, that bodes well for the playoffs. Any team w. a Landry and Lankford on it. BAM! Playoffs baby!

LD

Back
Top Bottom