Walter Football 3 round mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by jim1, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jim1

jim1 Pro Bowler

Miami Dolphins: Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor

Matt Barkley and Robert Griffin are 2 and 2a behind Andrew Luck. Well, I think Griffin is a player that owner Stephen Ross will covet over Barkley. All Ross wants to do is bring people to his stadium and hang out with celebrities, so a flashy player like Griffin might just be what he's looking for.

I guess this selection depends on how the Dolphins finish. If Matt Moore continues to play well and the Dolphins win enough games to save Tony Sparano's job, Miami could draft Morris Claiborne, Michael Floyd or Riley Reiff. If not, a new regime will want its own quarterback.

Miami Dolphins: Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson

Tony Sparano's eventual firing means that Anthony Fasano is done in Miami as well. Dwayne Allen, an absolute stud who could make it into the first round of this mock soon, would be a great weapon for Robert Griffin.

Miami Dolphins: Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State
    A much-needed upgrade for the offensive line. Marc Colombo stinks. He can't block anyone. Upgrading the right tackle position has to be Miami's No. 1 priority.
    I think this is a good spot for Datko, who just suffered another shoulder injury. He's a medium-risk, high-reward prospect atop Round 3.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

2. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Barkley is way more hollywood than Griffin. Let's not forget that Ross nixed the trade for Orton. He's not looking for flashy at QB, he's looking for a franchise QB.

3. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

Ugh, Griffin over Barkley? No thanks.

4. Dogbone34

Dogbone34 cowboy surfer

does nick foles hang out with john daly?

5. Kistner10

Kistner10 Starter

Kyle Orton is flashy??

6. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Orton was the big name at the time after putting up big numbers the prior year. I didn't want him but I'm just pointing out he was the big name at the time of the available QBs for trade or otherwise.

By the way, had to look up some evaluations from Walterfootball.com...I found this one interesting.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010jclausen.php

7. jim1

jim1 Pro Bowler

That's exhibit A as to why I don't care for Walter Football. Just posting a mock.

8. hoops

hoops exited stage left

walters full of hot air...i have no idea why people think highly of that guys site...unless its because he's actually got one to look at...

9. retarmyfinfan

retarmyfinfan Brave Rifles Donator

I hope we don't take Griffin. I don't want a hollywood party, I want football.

10. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

Datko suffered a season ending injury. It will be interesting to see what it does to his draft status.

11. jim1

jim1 Pro Bowler

Yeah, I read somewhere that Datko has had multiple serious injuries and might be done with football- I take Walter Football with a grain of salt.

Datko has seen injuries you people wouldn't believe...off the shoulder of Datko, not Orion.

One of the best scenes ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkgL7oij_kM&feature=related

12. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Walter Football does a nice job of updating their picks about once a week....many mock draft sites never update the draft order of teams, or explain why a player would be a nice fit. I think Luck and Barkley may both be gone by the time we pick. I think we are going to finish with 5 or 6 wins and there are at least two other teams that will grab a QB before we do, so I think it comes down RG3, Weeden or Landry Jones at QB. Datko was predicted to go around #20-#25 before he got hurt...

Another injured guy I like DT Jared Crick of Nebraska was predicted to go around #10, but he could be there at the beginning of the 2nd round, but probably wouldn't drop to us. I hope we finally take a QB in round one, then go after a TE or DE, and then maybe an O-lineman.