Walter Football 3 Round Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ChambersWI, Sep 27, 2012.

1. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Updated this week has up to date draft status

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

Fins picks

1.Jarvis Jones LB, Georgia
    The Dolphins entered the 2012 offseason with a pass-rusher being one of their greatest needs. They drafted Olivier Vernon in the third round, but there's no telling if he can be a worthy complement to Cameron Wake; he hasn't played much in the first three games. If he doesn't show anything this year, Miami won't hesitate to pull the trigger on one of the three stud pass-rushers in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Jarvis Jones is a better fit for the 3-4, but he could be used similarly to Von Miller in Denver. He's just too good to pass up at this point.

2a.Terrence Williams WR, Baylor
    The Dolphins may have found their quarterback in Ryan Tannehill, but he's going to struggle as long as guys like Brian Hartline, Davone Bess and Legedu Naanee are vying for the No. 1 receiver job.

2b.Jonathan Cooper OG, North Carolina
    The Dolphins need to fix the right side of their offensive line so Ryan Tannehill has more time in the pocket to overthrow his receivers downfield. John Jerry should be upgraded

3a. Johnny Adams CB, Michigan State
    The Dolphins have an extra second-day pick because they dealt Vontae Davis to the Colts, so they should probably use one of them on a replacement

3b. Bacarri Rambo S, Georgia
    More help for the secondary, as the Dolphins could use someone to challenge Chris Clemons at safety.

Don't like the Cooper pick, but otherwise, wouldn't be a terrible draft.

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP

As much as we need a WR, I don't see how we can pass on one of this year's DE's. No matter where we pick, we'll have a solid option. I also don't agree with the Cooper pick. Our OL is fine. Grab some OL late in the draft for depth and development, but using another high round pick is asinine.

3. ChambersWI

Jarvis Jones is really tempting as is Mingo. If we pick top 3 like Walter has us doing, we'll have a choice.

I think we'll be a little lower than that.

4. retarmyfinfan

retarmyfinfan Brave Rifles Donator

Is that a cheap shot or typo?

5. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Here is my early take on things -

Round One - If Jarvis Jones is there when the Phins pick, you run to the podium and get him. If he is gone than I would go after WR Keenan Allen of Cal. Allen has nice size, speed and hands and could start right away and be our #1 WR.

Round Two - I think we need to look at upgrading our O-line, and getting a solid d-back so -
    2A - Tony Jefferson - S - Oklahoma
    2B - Johnathan Cooper - G - North Carolina

Round Three -
    3A - Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M
    3B - Dion Jordan - DE - Oregon

6. Exuro

Exuro Well-Known Member

So if Miami picks Jones, will he play DE full time or SOLB on 1st/2nd and DL in nickel situations ala Von Miller?

7. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I don't understand the Jarvis Jones pick given the defense Miami is running.

8. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

I agree with your take on Jones. If he's gone, as much as I love Allen, I think Werner could be the guy. We just need pass rushers so desperately and I think they will go more quickly than receivers.

9. studsatele

studsatele Starter Super Donator Donator

If we do end up picking top 3, whats your thoughts on drafting a QB?

10. SMadison29

SMadison29 What Sherman aspires to be

Tony Jefferson is a good player but we don't need another SS. We need a safety that can cover. We can certainly fix a lot of problems with these 5 picks. WR, CB, SLB, CB, & FS.

11. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

As long as Ireland isn't running our draft in 2013. He will bungle it again and we won't end up with players who can change the game. We can't afford to screw up next years draft with all the good picks we have.

12. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP

No. No. No.

No.

13. PhinsFTW

PhinsFTW Member

If Bjoern Werner is available when the Dolphins draft, they should snag him up. You can never have enough good people on your defensive line.

I just mainly want them to draft BPA. Hopefully we can land a receiver or two that can stretch the field, a starter at corner, an interior linebacker, and possibly a safety that could earn a starting job before it gets too late in the draft. Add some value offensive linemen later on and a QB, then I think we'll be fine.

I'm not too scared about drafting offensive linemen early as they're usually decent vets available in the off-season or late. Also, if Daniel Thomas doesn't improve by the end of the season I wouldn't mind us trying to find a better power back.

14. Roman529

Walter Football and a few other draft sites question whether Jones would fit in a 3-4, but they also say Jones could be used like Von Miller and be moved around. Seems like more and more defenses are going to a hybrid of defenses, rather than going with a pure 3-4 or 4-3.

I watched the highlights of the West Virginia and Baylor game, and was really impressed with Geno Smith and all of the throws he made. But I want to see what he can do against better defenses before I jump on the Geno Bandwagon.

15. ChambersWI

I wouldn't draft a QB, and depending on how the season goes for some teams, if we have a top 3 pick, I'm banking on a team wanting to make a move for Geno Smith.

16. Fin Harry

Fin Harry Rookie

17. Fin Harry

Fin Harry Rookie

Oh, WF made our third-rounder Sharrif Floyd. So to re-cap: 1 WR, 1 G, 1 CB, 1 DT.

18. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

Jones is a machine and will produce in any system. If he's there with our 1st I grab him. Then I take a look at best available CB, WR, and OL in that order. I'd love to go get a top WR but no one in the 1st is that much ahead of guys that will go in the 3rd, so let's wait. I'd really treasure a shut down corner.

19. ChambersWI

unless we are getting rid of Incognito (which is possible) I don't see us going guard that early.

20. cullenbigcstill

cullenbigcstill FinHeaven VIP

Chambers, I certainly see Incognito gone this year, he's so stiff and not athletic enough, and is playing out off position anyways.

I see a true LG coming in the draft but likely after the 3rd round. I believe Sherman has strong influence on player personnel. He was very strong with it while in GB years back. Playmakers will be the theme of next draft. The players we'll be looking for IMO would beMLB Teo, Skov; DE Montgomery, Mingo, maybe Woerner, Jeffcoat maybe Porter (the A&M connection); CB Milliner, Rhodes, Banks, Trufant; S Reid, Lester, Vaccarro, mcdonald. I definitely see defense this season and plenty of playmaking talent added to it. Offensive talent maybe added in 3rd round-seam threat, tall and athleticTE's Fauria, Toilolo, Ertz, Lutzenwhatever; and WR probably strong, quick Hopkins, Swope(A&M Connection), Patterson, Stills-I like his last name, Abbrederis (dudes a beast), Mathews, boyce, Debose and Bailey [they fit the height/weight criteria and are all go to playmakers]

21. SF Dolphin Fan

Corner is a huge need. The Dolphins could get their pass rusher in round 1 and then trade back up. Maybe Banks slips a little and Miami gets Jones/Banks or Werner/Banks. I've seen him projected to go in the 2nd round, but come draft day he probably goes much higher. I haven't followed the corners too much yet.

22. SF Dolphin Fan

What's your thoughts on Milliner? I've read comparisons to Charles Woodson, but can't remember seeing him play when I saw Bama last year. If he's anywhere near that good, he's definitely on Miami's short list I'd think.

23. cullenbigcstill

cullenbigcstill FinHeaven VIP

I have followed him for just a short time, since TedSlimjr raved about him he's tough, great cover and flips his hips quick. I think we'd have to have a top ten pick to get him and he will be a #1 CB. I don't get the Amerson love IMO he sucks! These are the corners in the top 15 and I think thats where we will draft.

Also Montgomery is the DE to target as well. He is a good athlete, not as much as Mingo, but he's got strength at poa and he has some nice moves. He is a strong pass rusher, plays the run and these are the 2 players Miami needs to be targeting IMHO at this point. These guys would really add to this tough defense.

iMO Milliner would give us a future shutdown corner and pairing with a developing SS24 we would have a much improved secondary that could develope into a strength. I am wary of Smith because all of a sudden the light is coming on and it happens to be in a contract year. But remember that Smith was a reciever in college so he has been developing since he was drafted. So he may just beginning to reach the potential we saw a few years ago.

24. bigvince75

bigvince75 Well-Known Member

If Miami takes a pass rusher I don't see it happening in the first round. They'll take the best avialable WR or trade down for more picks.

This is a deep class for pass rushers and one of the big name players will fall out of the first round. Depending on where the Dolphins pick, I think their top 3 choices for DE are Okafor, Lemonier and Carradine(who would be a great value pick after the mid 2nd round).

25. Roman529

Here is Walter Football's updated first three rounders, covering our five picks -

1. Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
    2A. Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
    2B. Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
    3A. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
    3B. Datone Jones, DE, UCLA