Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Updated this week has up to date draft status

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

Fins picks

1.Jarvis Jones LB, Georgia
The Dolphins entered the 2012 offseason with a pass-rusher being one of their greatest needs. They drafted Olivier Vernon in the third round, but there's no telling if he can be a worthy complement to Cameron Wake; he hasn't played much in the first three games. If he doesn't show anything this year, Miami won't hesitate to pull the trigger on one of the three stud pass-rushers in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Jarvis Jones is a better fit for the 3-4, but he could be used similarly to Von Miller in Denver. He's just too good to pass up at this point.

2a.Terrence Williams WR, Baylor
The Dolphins may have found their quarterback in Ryan Tannehill, but he's going to struggle as long as guys like Brian Hartline, Davone Bess and Legedu Naanee are vying for the No. 1 receiver job.

2b.Jonathan Cooper OG, North Carolina
The Dolphins need to fix the right side of their offensive line so Ryan Tannehill has more time in the pocket to overthrow his receivers downfield. John Jerry should be upgraded

3a. Johnny Adams CB, Michigan State
The Dolphins have an extra second-day pick because they dealt Vontae Davis to the Colts, so they should probably use one of them on a replacement

3b. Bacarri Rambo S, Georgia
More help for the secondary, as the Dolphins could use someone to challenge Chris Clemons at safety.

Don't like the Cooper pick, but otherwise, wouldn't be a terrible draft.

Fins picks

The Dolphins entered the 2012 offseason with a pass-rusher being one of their greatest needs. They drafted Olivier Vernon in the third round, but there's no telling if he can be a worthy complement to Cameron Wake; he hasn't played much in the first three games. If he doesn't show anything this year, Miami won't hesitate to pull the trigger on one of the three stud pass-rushers in the 2013 NFL Draft.

Jarvis Jones is a better fit for the 3-4, but he could be used similarly to Von Miller in Denver. He's just too good to pass up at this point.

The Dolphins may have found their quarterback in Ryan Tannehill, but he's going to struggle as long as guys like Brian Hartline, Davone Bess and Legedu Naanee are vying for the No. 1 receiver job.

The Dolphins need to fix the right side of their offensive line so Ryan Tannehill has more time in the pocket to overthrow his receivers downfield. John Jerry should be upgraded

The Dolphins have an extra second-day pick because they dealt Vontae Davis to the Colts, so they should probably use one of them on a replacement

More help for the secondary, as the Dolphins could use someone to challenge Chris Clemons at safety.

As much as we need a WR, I don't see how we can pass on one of this year's DE's. No matter where we pick, we'll have a solid option. I also don't agree with the Cooper pick. Our OL is fine. Grab some OL late in the draft for depth and development, but using another high round pick is asinine.

As much as we need a WR, I don't see how we can pass on one of this year's DE's. No matter where we pick, we'll have a solid option. I also don't agree with the Cooper pick. Our OL is fine. Grab some OL late in the draft for depth and development, but using another high round pick is asinine.

Jarvis Jones is really tempting as is Mingo. If we pick top 3 like Walter has us doing, we'll have a choice.

I think we'll be a little lower than that.

Fins picks

Is that a cheap shot or typo?

Here is my early take on things -

Round One - If Jarvis Jones is there when the Phins pick, you run to the podium and get him. If he is gone than I would go after WR Keenan Allen of Cal. Allen has nice size, speed and hands and could start right away and be our #1 WR.

Round Two - I think we need to look at upgrading our O-line, and getting a solid d-back so -
2A - Tony Jefferson - S - Oklahoma
2B - Johnathan Cooper - G - North Carolina

Round Three -
3A - Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M
3B - Dion Jordan - DE - Oregon

So if Miami picks Jones, will he play DE full time or SOLB on 1st/2nd and DL in nickel situations ala Von Miller?

Round One - If Jarvis Jones is there when the Phins pick, you run to the podium and get him. If he is gone than I would go after WR Keenan Allen of Cal. Allen has nice size, speed and hands and could start right away and be our #1 WR.

Round Two - I think we need to look at upgrading our O-line, and getting a solid d-back so -

Round Three -
I agree with your take on Jones. If he's gone, as much as I love Allen, I think Werner could be the guy. We just need pass rushers so desperately and I think they will go more quickly than receivers.

Round Three -

Tony Jefferson is a good player but we don't need another SS. We need a safety that can cover. We can certainly fix a lot of problems with these 5 picks. WR, CB, SLB, CB, & FS.

As long as Ireland isn't running our draft in 2013. He will bungle it again and we won't end up with players who can change the game. We can't afford to screw up next years draft with all the good picks we have.

Round Three -

No. No. No.

No.

If Bjoern Werner is available when the Dolphins draft, they should snag him up. You can never have enough good people on your defensive line.

I just mainly want them to draft BPA. Hopefully we can land a receiver or two that can stretch the field, a starter at corner, an interior linebacker, and possibly a safety that could earn a starting job before it gets too late in the draft. Add some value offensive linemen later on and a QB, then I think we'll be fine.

I'm not too scared about drafting offensive linemen early as they're usually decent vets available in the off-season or late. Also, if Daniel Thomas doesn't improve by the end of the season I wouldn't mind us trying to find a better power back.

I don't understand the Jarvis Jones pick given the defense Miami is running.

Walter Football and a few other draft sites question whether Jones would fit in a 3-4, but they also say Jones could be used like Von Miller and be moved around. Seems like more and more defenses are going to a hybrid of defenses, rather than going with a pure 3-4 or 4-3.

I watched the highlights of the West Virginia and Baylor game, and was really impressed with Geno Smith and all of the throws he made. But I want to see what he can do against better defenses before I jump on the Geno Bandwagon.

Back
Top Bottom