Walter Football Draft Grades! Miami Dolphins (Last Year: 7-9) - Buy Tickets 2010 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Football Draft Grades! Miami Dolphins (Last Year: 7-9) - Buy Tickets 2010

mmikel30

Starter
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
clear.gif
Miami Dolphins (Last Year: 7-9) - Buy Tickets

2010 NFL Draft Grades:

28. Jared Odrick, DE/DT, Penn State
This doesn't fill a need at all, but Jared Odrick is the best player available. Still, I don't know where he's going to fit in. What are the Dolphins going to do about their pass rush? What about nose tackle and the free safety position? (Update: The Dolphins apparently will use Randy Starks at nose, so this pick makes a lot more sense now.) (Pick Grade: B)

40. Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah
Bill Parcells takes a talented rush linebacker? Say it ain't so! Koa Misi fits the range and fills a huge need. Can't argue that. (Pick Grade: A)

73. John Jerry, G, Ole Miss
I'll never forget that Thursday night game against the Panthers when the Dolphins ran out of bodies on the offensive line. This team needed depth up front, and John Jerry fits the scheme. (Pick Grade: B)

119. A.J. Edds, ILB, Iowa
A Bill Parcells player if there ever was one, Bill Parcells is a tough linebacker who should play inside in the 3-4 (or SAM if they use some 4-3 looks). I had Edds as a third-round prospect, so this is good value. (Pick Grade: A)

145. Nolan Carroll, CB, Maryland
A reach, but not a big deal in the middle of Round 5. This doesn't fill much of a need either. (Pick Grade: C)

163. Reshad Jones, S, Georgia
Leave it to Bill Parcells to find a Round 2-3 prospect at a position of need in the fifth round. (Pick Grade: A)

212. Chris McCoy, DE/OLB, Middle Tennessee State
Bill Parcells drafted an athletic rush linebacker with size? Say it ain't so. (Pick Grade: B)

252. Austin Spitler, ILB, Ohio State
Another blue-collar linebacker for Bill Parcells. Can't say I'm surprised by this pick. (Pick Grade: B)

Key Undrafted Free Agents:
Travis Ivey, NT, Maryland

I think Carroll could even be a D.. not really a guy that produced in college, and I think we have more of a chance at finding our nickel CB in FA.

Carol is the only pick I'm upset about. Cam Thomas still on the board and we take a player who has never even had an interception? If we wanted him that bad, we probably could've gotten him in the 6th or 7th. There was so much talent we passed up on to take him.

Carol is the only pick I'm upset about. Cam Thomas still on the board and we take a player who has never even had an interception? If we wanted him that bad, we probably could've gotten him in the 6th or 7th. There was so much talent we passed up on to take him.

Carroll was thought to be a 1st or 2nd rounder until he broke his leg and missed his entire second season. He's 6'1 200 pounds 4.4 forty and has a 41 iinch vertical.For a 5th round pick he's a hell of a athlete and maybe a switch to saftey could be in order.

I think Jeff Ireland has a lot more to do with our moves than people give credit for..

Carroll was thought to be a 1st or 2nd rounder until he broke his leg and missed his entire second season. He's 6'1 200 pounds 4.4 forty and has a 41 iinch vertical.For a 5th round pick he's a hell of a athlete and maybe a switch to saftey could be in order.

nope you are close but even after he broke his leg he is running a 4.3 40:up:

i cant remember where i seen where he ran a 4.3 40 but as soon as i can find it ill post it said he was running a high 4.3 to low 4.4 40:woot:

here is the positives on him... Positives: Incredibly athletic defensive back still developing on the football field. Effectively diagnoses the action, fluid flipping his hips off the line, and loses nothing transitioning with opponents. Fast enough to stay anywhere on the field with receivers and aggressive throughout the action. Quickly comes up the field to defend running plays or screens.

As soon as i saw John Jerry (G) from Ole Miss I thought of that game as well, where we did not have anyone to play for Grove and his sub, and we had a few fumbles at the snap. That, summed to the Smiley situation, makes this pick a smart one.

Back
Top Bottom