Walterfootball 2013 Draft first 3 rounds 10/24

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Dolphinator530, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Dolphinator530

Dolphinator530 Well-Known Member

Here is the most recent Walterfootball mock draft (10/24)...what do you think of our draft according to them? I will put some of the available players after each pick; meaning they would still be available if the draft fell this way.

1st (24)
    Miami Dolphins: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama [​IMG]
    The Dolphins need to fix the right side of their offensive line so Ryan Tannehill has more time in the pocket. John Jerry should be upgraded.

Chance Warmack has a chance to crack the top 20 despite being a guard. He's the top offensive line prospect in this class.

PLAYERS AVAILABLE AT OUR PICK:
    Alec Ogletree
    Robert Woods
    Eric Reid
    Tyler Eifert

2nd (37)
    Miami Dolphins: David Amerson, CB, N.C. State [​IMG]
    The Dolphins have an extra second-day pick because they dealt Vontae Davis to the Colts, so they should probably use one of them on a replacement. Richard Marshall is not playing well.

Tavon Austin
    Chase Thomas
    Jordan Poyer
    Tank Carrafine

2nd (51)
    Miami Dolphins: Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech [​IMG]
    I'm not sure if Brian Hartline qualifies as a No. 1 receiver just yet. I can't really explain the whole thing myself, but he appears to be a starting-caliber wideout despite his zero-catch performance against the Rams. The Dolphins, however, need another one for Ryan Tannehill, who needs a better second option than Davone Bess, who should just be a tertiary slot receiver target.

Nickell Robey
    Zach Ertz
    Sheldon Richardson
    John Simon

3rd (83)
    Miami Dolphins: James Gayle, DE, Virginia Tech [​IMG]
    Jared Odrick stops the run very well, but he can't get to the quarterback. Rookie Olivier Vernon hasn't really flashed yet, so the Dolphins may spend a mid-round selection on a defensive end.

Shawn Williams
    Johnny Adams
    Stedman Bailey
    Mike Gillislee

3rd (90)
    Miami Dolphins: Nico Johnson, LB, Alabama [​IMG]
    The Dolphins have zero depth at linebacker, so this is an area that'll need to be address this upcoming offseason.

Stepfan Taylor
    Bacarri Rambo
    Dantone Jones

2. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

We made the playoffs :pbanana:

3. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

Warmack is a talented guard, but it's hard to like that pick simply because there are other bigger needs. Amerson could be an interesting FS prospect. I think that ends up being his position in the NFL. Have to check into character with Rogers and I think that could move him down a bit. Does have talent, though. Not a huge fan of this draft overall.

4. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

So many things wrong with these picks...Isn't Warmack more of a power running type Guard? How does he fit the ZBS? TedSlimm?

Amerson, as I've said before, is not very good and he would be a better fit in a zone scheme. Coyle is having our DBs play more press man coverage.

Da'Rick Rodgers...seriously? The guy that was kicked off the Tennessee team? No thanks.

Gayle has a nice motor but questionable instincts IMO...good size, nice player but I would prefer we take one in the first and get a real difference maker.

I have no problems with Nico Johnson.

5. PSU Cane

PSU Cane Starter

I don't think Amerson would make a good transition to FS b/c many times he looks disinterested in tackling. Watch the tape of the UCONN game and tell me what you think. He had a few nice hits in the TENN game, but also whiffed a few times as well. He's an enigma to me right now.

6. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

I mean is this some sort of a joke or something? A first round OG? Come on. We run a scheme that is less dependant on high round guards and tackles and quality can usually be found later. I'd surely be pissed if Keenan Allen went one spot ahead of us like in this mock and knowing that St. Louis is that team that is one spot ahead of us I'd hope Ireland got aggressive in an attempt to move in front of them to nab Allen.

7. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

I would punch someone if it played out like this.

8. WadeCounty1231

WadeCounty1231 Well-Known Member

let me just say that if we pick ANY offensive lineman over Woods if Woods is there, fn huge fail. Period

9. Kevlared

Kevlared Well-Known Member

amerson is more of a zone corner. amerson is terrible in man coverage. no thanks. seen him get torched by every receiver on tennessee, every receiver against miami, a game in which he gave up about 3 touchdowns by himself.

10. SCOTTY

SCOTTY Well-Known Member

There is simply no way we go Oline in the first. Nope not going to happen. These sights are stuck on the old Miami regime where we ignore palmakers at the top of the draft. Those days are over.

11. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

I'd off myself with that draft, no doubt. A guard over Robert Woods and Tyler Eifert. David Amerson. Awful.

12. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

It's hot garbage. Gayle I like but that's it.

13. Valandui

Valandui Lumberjack Batman Donator

Hopefully. Ireland IS still here.

14. Pinkboy

Pinkboy Banned Hammered

I know its halloween season and all, but that draft is an absolute horror show

15. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

That might be one of the worst "professional" mock drafts I have ever seen.

16. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I know it's easy enough to find, but you still should have included a link.

As for the picks x_x

17. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

1st (24)
    Miami Dolphins: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama [​IMG]
    The Dolphins need to fix the right side of their offensive line so Ryan Tannehill has more time in the pocket. John Jerry should be upgraded.

When was this written last year? There is nothing wrong with the right side of our o-line. Jerry does not need to be upgraded - he needs to be motivated, which he is right now.

No thanks on a Guard in Round 1.

18. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Even if Jerry was sucking, which he's not, using a first rounder on a guard when we have MUCH bigger needs would be a complete failure, no matter how good that guard turned out to be.

19. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Usually Walter Football makes some pretty good draft picks, but as of late you start to wonder if the guy running the Walter Football site is maybe related to Jeff Ireland. :chuckle:

No way in hell do we draft an OG in the first round. We have much bigger needs,,,at WR, DE, CB, TE. We can add a very solid Guard later on.

20. hoops

hoops exited stage left

any mock that doesn't have texas a & m ot jake matthews in the top 3 rounds needs to start over...or stop trying...

21. Fin Harry

Fin Harry Rookie

Walterfootball has updated it's 2013 mock. Good and bad things. We're taking Keenan Allen in the 1st :). Bad news: with the 14th pick. I don't know how I feel about this selection with him missing time with a bad knee, but hopefully that is just an abundance of caution.

22. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

the only pick I really like here is nico johnson.

I'm not really high on mock drafts this early... this mock is a perfect example of why.

23. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

in the updated mock I probably wouldn't take Shariff Floyd (if we are gonna go DL, get a DE), but Floyd fits the mold of a pick the Bengals would make for Mike Zimmer. Iffy on Uzzi. Fits our system but I think we can do better.

That being said even with objections, we walk away from the draft with Keenan Allen, Carrington Byndom, Shariff Floyd, and Arthur Brown that's a lot of talent.

24. ChambersWI

updated mock

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_1.php

our picks
    1.Dion Jordan DE, Oregon
    2a. Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tennessee
    2b.Shariff Floyd DT, Florida
    3a. Leon McFadden CB, San Diego State
    3b. Gerald Hodges LB, Penn State

again, not a huge fan of taking a DT so early, but couldn't complain if we ended up with those players after 2 days. At least Walter finally doesn't have us drafting a guard.

25. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

I can't see Floyd going that low, he's been awesome for UF all year. NFLdraftscout have him going in the first round. Would be a great pick up if we don't resign Starks but I think we would be crazy not to.

Haven't seen much of the Oregon guy, is he worthy of the pick ?

26. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I love Dion Jordan. Love James Gayle, too.

27. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

Just youtubed Dion Jordon, watched his snaps versus USC and Fresno. Got to say unimpressed, didn't see the explosive pass rusher we need, missed a lot of tackle, no consistent threat on the QB, no trickery to his play, I dunno, don't like to disagree with you CK, as you know a hell of a lot more about these college kids than me, but just from that small sample size I don't see him worthy of a first round pick maybe someone to develop in the later rounds.

28. Penntastic

Penntastic Well-Known Member

our picks:
    1. Tyler Eifert, te (trade down get extra 3rd).
    2. D. Hopkins, R. Woods, C. Patterson, wr
    2. D. Trufant, C. Byndon, cb
    3. T. Jefferson, R. Lester, B. Rambo, s
    3. C. Thomas, S. Porter, A. Brown, G. Hodger, lb
    3. Ryan Swope, wr or Stephen Taylor, rb
    4. Guard / DE
    5. Guard / DE
    6. Kicker

29. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I disagree. Great size and frame, unusual athletic ability for that frame, and violent hands. He plays roles in that defense that a guy with his size and frame shouldn't normally be asked to play. In the end I could see the argument if not for the violent hands which shock opponents. Sort of the same as I could see the argument about Tannehill if not for the pocket presence, ability to handle the rush and throw the football on the run. I felt that set of skills represented Tannehill's safety net as a football player, and I feel Dion Jordan's violent hands are the same for him, and represent the failing in arguments I see against him.

30. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

I am with you on Rogers. The guy has a ton of talent, but has the mind of a 5yr. old. There is no way I would draft this guy in the first 5 rds.

31. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Robert Woods in the second round? I only watch highlights but that would be a hell of a steal from what I have seen. Could he drop that low?

32. SJSharKFinFan

SJSharKFinFan Active Member

Geordie, I believe Ckparrothead is right on with his assessment. Jordan is a special talent easily top 20 and with a defensive run maybe earlier. The thing that is most intruging about Jordan is that he was a 4-star TE recruit from Arizona who has earned Aliotti's trust and playing time on defense. As Ck has noted, Jordan is lanky with a frame that can add more weight without being a detriment to his speed.

Another thing that I like about Jordan is that he knows how to take care of his body. Instead of packing on muscle and hitting the weight room, he has slowly added functional weight that allows him to play stronger and faster than his 6'6 245 frame would suggest. I liken it to MMA fighter George St. Pierre, he has said it takes him a whole year not weeks to gain 10 pounds if he chooses to move up weight-class.

The last point of emphasize is how Jordan has improved as a player over the past year. As a Junior, he was tentative - not trusting his instincts and over-thinking - and slow to react to the play. This year I am seeing his assertive, aggressive nature take over his play. There is no hesition that I saw a year ago only pure instincts to attack the player.

Since Werner and Teo are likely gone, I wouldn't mind either Jordan, Mingo, or trade down for Eifert.

33. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

I bow to both you guys superior skills at analyzing talent as I said I'm no genius at doing that at all. Maybe I just picked the two wrong games to watch or I just didn't see what I should have seen in them. Sounds like there is a consensus that this guy would be a good pick at the position we are likely picking in, it's definitely a need for this team. I'll try watching a few more of his games and see if I can fall in love, I do see some of the "violent hands" that CK talked about.

I'm also totally with you on the trade down for Eifert.

34. ChambersWI

he isn't as explosive as he was his freshmen year. Just hasn't looked the same since his ankle surgery. Still a good prospect but some doubt whether he's a number 1 in the NFL. He has looked better in recent weeks

35. Fin Thirteen

From what I've read, the guy has virtually no cartilage in his ankle - he's worn a brace to help stabilise bone-on-bone friction which causes him inflammation.

That is not a temporary condition. He's also had elbow and shoulder issues.

I'd be very wary.

36. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Who are you talking about?

37. Exuro

Exuro Well-Known Member

Charlie Posted his 2013 mock and it looks like this

1. K. Allen WR
    2. L. Ryan CB
    2. Z. Ertz TE
    3. J. Simon DE
    3. R. Swope WR

38. Fin Thirteen

Woods. Post above mine. Forgot to quote him.