Walterfootball 2013 Draft first 3 rounds 10/24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walterfootball 2013 Draft first 3 rounds 10/24

Dolphinator530

Club Member
Reaction score
Here is the most recent Walterfootball mock draft (10/24)...what do you think of our draft according to them? I will put some of the available players after each pick; meaning they would still be available if the draft fell this way.

1st (24)
Miami Dolphins: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
clear.gif

The Dolphins need to fix the right side of their offensive line so Ryan Tannehill has more time in the pocket. John Jerry should be upgraded.

Chance Warmack has a chance to crack the top 20 despite being a guard. He's the top offensive line prospect in this class.

PLAYERS AVAILABLE AT OUR PICK:
Alec Ogletree
Robert Woods
Eric Reid
Tyler Eifert

2nd (37)
Miami Dolphins: David Amerson, CB, N.C. State
NCState_logo-1.gif

The Dolphins have an extra second-day pick because they dealt Vontae Davis to the Colts, so they should probably use one of them on a replacement. Richard Marshall is not playing well.

Tavon Austin
Chase Thomas
Jordan Poyer
Tank Carrafine

2nd (51)
Miami Dolphins: Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
clear.gif

I'm not sure if Brian Hartline qualifies as a No. 1 receiver just yet. I can't really explain the whole thing myself, but he appears to be a starting-caliber wideout despite his zero-catch performance against the Rams. The Dolphins, however, need another one for Ryan Tannehill, who needs a better second option than Davone Bess, who should just be a tertiary slot receiver target.

Nickell Robey
Zach Ertz
Sheldon Richardson
John Simon

3rd (83)
Miami Dolphins: James Gayle, DE, Virginia Tech
clear.gif

Jared Odrick stops the run very well, but he can't get to the quarterback. Rookie Olivier Vernon hasn't really flashed yet, so the Dolphins may spend a mid-round selection on a defensive end.

Shawn Williams
Johnny Adams
Stedman Bailey
Mike Gillislee

3rd (90)
Miami Dolphins: Nico Johnson, LB, Alabama
clear.gif

The Dolphins have zero depth at linebacker, so this is an area that'll need to be address this upcoming offseason.

Stepfan Taylor
Bacarri Rambo
Dantone Jones

Warmack is a talented guard, but it's hard to like that pick simply because there are other bigger needs. Amerson could be an interesting FS prospect. I think that ends up being his position in the NFL. Have to check into character with Rogers and I think that could move him down a bit. Does have talent, though. Not a huge fan of this draft overall.

So many things wrong with these picks...Isn't Warmack more of a power running type Guard? How does he fit the ZBS? TedSlimm?

Amerson, as I've said before, is not very good and he would be a better fit in a zone scheme. Coyle is having our DBs play more press man coverage.

Da'Rick Rodgers...seriously? The guy that was kicked off the Tennessee team? No thanks.

Gayle has a nice motor but questionable instincts IMO...good size, nice player but I would prefer we take one in the first and get a real difference maker.

I have no problems with Nico Johnson.

Warmack is a talented guard, but it's hard to like that pick simply because there are other bigger needs. Amerson could be an interesting FS prospect. I think that ends up being his position in the NFL. Have to check into character with Rogers and I think that could move him down a bit. Does have talent, though. Not a huge fan of this draft overall.

I don't think Amerson would make a good transition to FS b/c many times he looks disinterested in tackling. Watch the tape of the UCONN game and tell me what you think. He had a few nice hits in the TENN game, but also whiffed a few times as well. He's an enigma to me right now.

I mean is this some sort of a joke or something? A first round OG? Come on. We run a scheme that is less dependant on high round guards and tackles and quality can usually be found later. I'd surely be pissed if Keenan Allen went one spot ahead of us like in this mock and knowing that St. Louis is that team that is one spot ahead of us I'd hope Ireland got aggressive in an attempt to move in front of them to nab Allen.

I would punch someone if it played out like this.

let me just say that if we pick ANY offensive lineman over Woods if Woods is there, fn huge fail. Period

amerson is more of a zone corner. amerson is terrible in man coverage. no thanks. seen him get torched by every receiver on tennessee, every receiver against miami, a game in which he gave up about 3 touchdowns by himself.

There is simply no way we go Oline in the first. Nope not going to happen. These sights are stuck on the old Miami regime where we ignore palmakers at the top of the draft. Those days are over.

I'd off myself with that draft, no doubt. A guard over Robert Woods and Tyler Eifert. David Amerson. Awful.

There is simply no way we go Oline in the first. Nope not going to happen. These sights are stuck on the old Miami regime where we ignore palmakers at the top of the draft. Those days are over.

Hopefully. Ireland IS still here.

I know its halloween season and all, but that draft is an absolute horror show

That might be one of the worst "professional" mock drafts I have ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom