Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
Since football is getting closer and Directv just threw me a large bill for Sunday Ticket... I would really love to dump them and my question is.. For those of us fans that live outside of the Miami area, what other options do we all have?? Has there been any break thru's in the streaming world?

Feel free to PM me if needed..

Call them and threaten to leave. They negotiate the price.

That being said, I've always been a sports bar guy. I enjoy the atmosphere and trash talk with other fans, especially wine I was in NYC.

I actually got it free his year and that wasn't the original goal of my call. I called DTV to reduce my service. It was serious I pretty much had every channel but watch Netflix more than anything else so it was a complete waste of money. When they changed my package and gave me the new price I said, "still that much?" The woman said she was going to transfer me to retention. Ding, ding, ding that was the first time free Sunday ticket popped into my head. I pretty much laid it out that I have Verizon phone and Internet and was going to look into the triple play. However if they give me free Sunday ticket I wouldn't bother. They did it, I've called and got big discounts on it in the past but this is the first time I got it free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was an article on PFT a couple weeks ago that said a lawsuit against DirectTV and the NFL was going to be moving forward soon. The results COULD end in packages being sold for individual teams. Here is hoping that will happen sooner rather than later. I personally think they would make a ton more money if they sold packages by teams. Especially now that streaming is so prominent. But like Gonzo said. If you call them and make a big enough stink about it they will start throwing discounts at your left and right.

That would be amazing shifty!!!!

But I personally don't like to try to sift through streams trying to get a good one. And all the ads. It's not fun

But ever since madden 25 I've been into the streaming of ST. They offer a package if they think you live somewhere that can't get their regular service. For example, my girlfriends "address" is at her moms, which is a condo. So her information works for it, and I can stream ST on any device, just hook up my hdmi into a tv and you're good to go. I think it's like $200-$400 ... Can't remember

Buy an Amazon Firestick and get Kodi on it. I have been watching the games for free ever since I got one. Works great for baseball and all other sports too!

That being said, I've always been a sports bar guy. I enjoy the atmosphere and trash talk with other fans, especially wine I was in NYC.

Nothing beats the atmosphere of a great sports bar. Not chain **** but a true sports bar where you get your Sunday regulars. That is so much fun!

I bought a FireStick and liked it so much I bought another for the bedroom on Amazon Prime Day. Now my bill is $10 a month for Netflix and $10 a month for Amazon Prime. No way Direct-TV or Dish can match that. Without out even adding Kodi you can watch thousands of things. But add Kodi and it is wide open.

Buy an Amazon Firestick and get Kodi on it. I have been watching the games for free ever since I got one. Works great for baseball and all other sports too!
Exactly...the best money I ever spent...I even cancelled my cable , all you need is wifi.

Since my internet speed sucks, I guess i have to stick with Directv. But I do plan to call to see if any discount is available. After all, I have been a customer for over 15 years.
And most of all, Sunday Ticket is awesome. Great picture, all the Sunday games and red zone.
I hope i can just get red zone for free if they do not budge.

OP. I have not received my bill with the ST added to it yet. Is it still $299 for the base package? TIA.

Since my internet speed sucks, I guess i have to stick with Directv. But I do plan to call to see if any discount is available. After all, I have been a customer for over 15 years.
And most of all, Sunday Ticket is awesome. Great picture, all the Sunday games and red zone.
I hope i can just get red zone for free if they do not budge.

OP. I have not received my bill with the ST added to it yet. Is it still $299 for the base package? TIA.

$269 this year I believe.

This sounds intriguing... With the fire stick / kodi, do you need a prime account? Can you take the stick anywhere or have to keep it at home? Just looking for some more general info here

Mo's Caribbean by chance?

This sounds intriguing... With the fire stick / kodi, do you need a prime account? Can you take the stick anywhere or have to keep it at home? Just looking for some more general info here

You don't have to have Amazon prime account but it allows for thousands of free movies if you have it. Kodi is an add on that allows you to side load all kinds of streaming apps. You can take the stick wherever you go as long as you have a WiFi connection.

Since football is getting closer and Directv just threw me a large bill for Sunday Ticket... I would really love to dump them and my question is.. For those of us fans that live outside of the Miami area, what other options do we all have?? Has there been any break thru's in the streaming world?

Feel free to PM me if needed..

I dumped DirecTV altogether b/c I needed to cut costs due to buying my next house. My options now are to follow play by play online, go to a bar, or move to Miami. For now I'll be going to local places to catch games. I don't bother trying to **** DirecTV out of giving me free stuff but I don't begrudge anyone that tries.

Back
Top Bottom