Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Want to dump Directv and Sunday Ticket

Never heard of SMC? Once you have Kodi on you need to install Sports Devil and all sports will be available to you. I'm watching the mets on it right now

Call them and threaten to leave. They negotiate the price.

That being said, I've always been a sports bar guy. I enjoy the atmosphere and trash talk with other fans, especially wine I was in NYC.

I do this every year. You can get them around $180.00. They are probably waiting for my call:lol:

Call them and threaten to leave. They negotiate the price.

That being said, I've always been a sports bar guy. I enjoy the atmosphere and trash talk with other fans, especially wine I was in NYC.

I do the negotiating thing for my cable service every single year (as well as my Sirius radio), they all have retention departments whose job is basically to give people a good deal who threaten to leave, thus retaining them.

And I second the sports bar thing, even though I'm 100% sober now I still enjoy the banter with the regulars and I still tip the bartenders so it's all good.

I just had my girlfriend call and she received free ticket max just for signing a one year contract. If your going to go the kodi route remember you can load kodi on anything, like a laptop or mobile and connect via hdmi to your tv. I highly recommend hard wiring what ever option you do. Also for sports nothing beats sideloading SportsAccess.... Its 10 bucks a month and perfect 1080p streams of all sporting events including ppv. Only catch is you have to pay in bitcoin which isnt very hard to do.

It sounds like there is a lot of options available.. Just wonder how hard it is for a computer dummy like me...

For those of you thinking about cutting the cord and going to KODI or another similar setup. Keep a few things in mind.
I saw someone suggesting SportDevil and such. Do not expect to get anything over 480P using an app like this, also You will need major bandwidth unless you don't mind a lot of buffering.
I have a 50/50 fiber optic connection and still get buffering on SportsDevil. So be prepared to sign up for a pay service if you want HD. Still cheaper then Sunday Ticket.

Thanks guys, Excellent information on this tread.....I called them yesterday to have them remove the 1st of 6 payments for the ticket....last yr they gave me a 15 dollar credit and a 30 dollar credit, showtime for 6 mos and the NFL ticket for free, to not cancel. This yr they have their own retention dept for the ticket, she tried to give me a 10% discount but I told her it was still too much....I have one more month for the 30 credit then I will cancel and go with the company that has my internet and phone and add the fire stick for the games unless they give me the ticket again....I have seriously tried to move companies for two yrs and the ticket keeps me from doing it....the info on the tv stick may have saved my life :), nothing better than picking the games I want to watch each and every Sunday.....

It's Souless Media Center, I have been running it for a while now. OpenElec is also better then KODI as well. I make my own builds.

Better how? I Use the beast on Kodi. I mainly watch movies, tv shows and live tv. Just curious as to what I am missing out on.

Can someone explain how the Firestick, KODI, SMC and SportDevil work?

Thank you

Can someone explain how the Firestick, KODI, SMC and SportDevil work?

Thank you

In short... when you watch streams of sports, tv shows or movies online they're just video that other are posting on the internet (most often unauthorized). Think of Kodi as a program that puts all the products in one location, so you don't have to go searching all over the internet for different streaming sites. Inside the Kodi warehouse you have different areas for sports, music, movies and other products. Sports Devil pulls several of the sports sites together just to make the games easier to find. It's all the same streaming you can find on the internet with a little work or if you know what you're looking for, it's just presented in a more user friendly format.

Using a modified Amazon stick or Apple TV allows allows you to do the same thing on these devices without using a computer. People who don't want to risk getting a virus on their computer or who don't have a computer might prefer using one of the smaller stand alone devices. Again it's all still using the illegal streaming so most people might be better off just buying Sunday Ticket or NFL Game Pass (if you want to save money and don't mind not watching the games live).

I like Game Pass because it's legal and I like watching the games throughout the week and during the off season. You normally get three Sunday games live for free on the network channels and three prime time games on Espn and the NFL Network on Sunday and, Monday and Thursday Night so most people only watch one or two out of market games anyway.. By going with Game Pass you might have to watch the free games on Sunday during the day and then wait until the evening to catch up on the out of market games. I grew up having to wait until Monday Night just to see highlights from the out of market games, so waiting two hours to watch full games doesn't seem like a big deal to me. And of course if there's a game want to watch that's not on free tv and you just can't wait to watch it you can still go to a sports bar or try your luck with a streaming site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using sports devil to watch different baseball games all around the country right now. If it works for baseball then football should ok. As mentioned before the quality is not as good as HD DirecTV. I figure the quality is similar to the Dolphins team this year so I'll give it a try. If I miss anything chances are it won't be earth breaking.

Last season I used a VPN to sign up for NFL Gamepass. They offered various packages including single team only but I ended signing up for all regular season games for £99.99. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, they eliminated the multiple packages for the 2016 season & now only offer one package that includes all games, including the Super Bowl for £145. Overall, it worked well. I have a modest 20MB internet connection but I had few steaming problems. The NFL app uses adaptive resolution so it would occasionally drop the resolution but the vast majority of time it was HD quality.

The price to see some live football of my favorite NFL team is still prohibitive. It used to be that the NFL needed live game broadcasts to promote their league and sport so that people would attend games and buy merch. These days, it seems like they're trying to reduce supply options in order to get us to buy into the entire thing. I get it: it's all about getting the most out of us.

The thing is, the league needs us more than we need it, right? Right?

I'll go on seeing a couple of live games a year and catch whatever game footage I can elsewhere. Basically, the Dolphins are making sure that I often regret any money I spend to see them (ex: going to the local sports bar and paying for beer/food). Either offer me a reasonable package to see my team, or don't be shocked if future generations of my family are completely disinterested in the team, the league, and quite possibly the sport.

I don't know if I would say the league is reducing the supply of live games. It used to be you only had two Sunday games. Then the league added a third Sunday day game and a Monday night game. We now also have a Sunday night game and a Thursday night game, so there are six games available to most people. I think the exposure to all sports has numbed us to a degree and we don't appreciate it as much. It wasn't long ago you had one or two basketball or baseball games on national television each week, now it's hard to find a day where at least one game isn't available to most viewers. As I said earlier I remember when the best option for an out of market fan was to hope you saw two or three play highlights on Monday Night with Howard Cosell or wait until the following weekend to see a few highlights on This Week in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom