Wanted Pass Rushers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by zodiak, Jan 5, 2009.

1. zodiak

zodiak Starter

Dolfans

I feel miami needs another Pass rusher opposite Porter(ala the steelers with Harrison & Woodley) so what I'd like is for all dolfans to post their choice for the OLB to play along with Porter.

List your qb eating werewolf on wheels sack monsters please.

My choice is split between
    Everritt Brown FSU or George Selvie USF

2. miami234ever

miami234ever DenverCheesesteak

Brian Orakpo or George Selvie.

3. Miamifin23

Miamifin23 Seasoned Veteran

I would love for us to pick up a big play pass rusher early, but as I look right now, Orakpo isn't going to fall to us. Not to sure about Selvie....??? Michael Johnson doesn't seem to impress me much, watched a few games and he didn't flash out as a guy that could be a dominate pass rusher. I think where we're picking in this draft our best value might be on either the OL or DL. Both are needs as well. Also throw in Cushing, when and if he can stay healthy, he's a very good player.

4. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

Brian Cushing USC

5. WelcomeBack

WelcomeBack A True Fan

My choice is still Greg Hardy.

6. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

I feel Selvie, Brown, Orakpo, and maybe even Cushing will be gone by the time we pick. As of right now my pick would be:

Greg Hardy or Connor Barwin

But I think we should go NT with the 1st pick.

7. greasyObnoxious

greasyObnoxious I love lamp Finheaven VIP Donator

Larry English
    Clint Sintim
    Connor Barwin
    George Selvie (although i doubt he'd be available at #26)

8. phinfan33

phinfan33 A True Fan

Clint Sintim or Greg Hardy...

9. RUDEbyallMEANS

RUDEbyallMEANS Perennial All-Pro

At pick #26.... VERY HARD TO TELL.

10. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

i say we pick up Karlos Dansby or Terrell Suggs making it a lesser need, allowing us to draft BPA or a DB if we don't address that too in FA

11. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

Why does he just have to be a pass rusher? Can't he also be able to play the run as well as rush the passer?

I vote for Sintim. He can do both.

12. MiamiDolphins34

MiamiDolphins34 A True Fan

George Selvie please Parcells,i remember we passed on Justin Tuck for Roth a few years ago and was sick to my stomach and Tuck has become a star DE.

I seem to have a good eye for this.:unsure:

13. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

My vote goes to Clint Sintim.

14. JayMang

JayMang Scout Team

Probably Cushing moreso than Selvie, who might be a little undersized to be a DE in this system and a little too rough in pursuit/coverage to play standing up in it. He's better suited to being the edge rusher in 4-3 scheme.

One of the problems with running the 3-4 is that there's very specific needs involved in picking guys for your front seven.

15. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 FinHeaven VIP

I'd target guys like Clint Sintim, Larry English, Philip Hunt, Corey Wootten (depending on his injury) Brandon Spikes (yes I think he can convert), Pannel Egboh, Conner Barwin.

Also, if something goes crazy with the Chargers, I know they've said before that they don't have any current intentions on re-signing Shawn Merriman after his contract is up after the 2009 season, but if he is indeed released, or made available via trade (meaning San Diego doesn't want to hold his cap # and is happy with Jyles Tucker) and his knee checks out...I have a hunch Miami will be in the mix. After all, Parcells wanted Merriman instead of Ware in the 2005 draft, and Jones and Ireland talked him out of it.

Just my own personal hunch, but it might rectify an old wrong in Parcell's book. He'd also be a welcome talent at SOLB. Again, just my own personal hunch, nothing more.

16. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

1. Brian Okrapo would be the obvious choice. However, 0% chance he's there when we pick the 1st.

2. Clint Sintim. This guy is just a beast, plain and simple. Great pass rusher, and great run stopper.

3. Brian Cushing. Like him about as much as I do Sintim

4. George Selvie. He's certainly a stud. However, I'm not so sure if he'd be the right choice for a 3-4.

5. Greg Hardy

6. Connor Barwin.

Of course, Karlos Dansby or Terrel Suggs would be my choice though :wink:

17. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

I wouldn't be opposed at all to Merriman. He's an outstanding Pass Rusher. I'd still rather have Dansby or Suggs though, because who knows if Merriman will be the same after his injury.

18. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 FinHeaven VIP

I like Suggs, but to my knowledge he's only ever played the WOLB spot in a 3-4...I could be wrong. If Joey Porter for some reason is gone, then by all means Suggs would be sweet.

Dansby is a very interesting name out there. I really like him, but I'd rather him take over Crowder's spot than Roth's. He's big, maybe not quite big enough, but is a heck of a player. His ability to call a D AND be able to blitz/drop in coverage; something Crowder is a bit of a liability in, would make him that much sweeter.

If we're able to land Dansby and draft Sintim, I think we've struck gold, or a combination of Brandon Spikes and Shawn Merriman. A guy can dream can't he?

19. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan Perennial All-Pro

George Selvie but we would have to trade up to get him

20. uga3406

uga3406 Pro Bowler

i saw barwin vs va tech in the orange, he doesnt look bad...i remember the last few years play for cincy basketbal team...:lol:

21. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 FinHeaven VIP

He was a TE for the football team prior to this year. He played a little bit on offense for the Cats still in 08.

22. uga3406

uga3406 Pro Bowler

how many sacks did he have this past yr and would u honestly want the phins to consider him as a 1st rd option

23. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

Barwin had 11 sacks this past year (10 solo and 2 assisted). He also had 14.5 tackles for loss (13 solo and three assisted), seven passes defended, seven passes broken up, six QB hurries and three blocked kicks.

Don't be surprised if he test well (reportedly runs the 40 in 4.61 at 6'4" 250) that he could move up into the lower half of the first round although I doubt the Trifecta would select him there because of his lack of experience.

24. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

Cody is returning for his senior season. He didn't like the way he played after his knee injury and also realizes he needs to get into better physical conditioning.

25. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

Brandon Lang, Troy

Could lightning strike twice for Parcells? In 2005, Parcells drafted a little known DE out of Troy whom has turned into one of the most dominate defensive players in the NFL. Brandon Lang is a 6'4" 250 lb DE who led Troy in sacks (11.5), tackles for lost (19) and QB hurries (eight). Lang finished in the Top 15 in the nation in sacks and tackles for lost.

Lang could probably be drafted with our first pick in the 2nd round.

26. skipp2myloo13

skipp2myloo13 Rookie

it all starts with the NT get a fresh new NT in there and that eleviates everything else. but if we are going to get one my vote in cushings

27. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 FinHeaven VIP

I like Barwin as a player, but if he's our 1st round pick, something is wrong. Unless he truly dominates the Senior Bowl and combine, I have a hard time seeing him drafted any higher than the mid-2nd round.

Obviously the lack of experience playing on defense is my main concern, and while he might not be an NFL caliber DT, Terrill Byrd is a heck of a player as far as the Big East goes, and his play masks a lot of the deficiencies in Barwin's game against the run.

If you told me we could double-barrell and go Sintim then get Barwin in the 2nd, I'd be all for that; but I still view Barwin as a developmental type of guy, and I don't know if he can pack on much more to his frame. He seems a little frail to me if he was to play SOLB.

28. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

Selvie said he's coming back for his senior season.

29. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Dansby/Sintim, Spikes/Merriman or Dansby, wow. Talk about impressive LB cores. Now imagine Bart Scott in the middle as well :up:

30. JepheryRoss

JepheryRoss Starter

George Selvis is staying at USF for senior season...

We need to continue developing a legit 3-4 defense for years to come. If he's there we should draft BJ Raji NT and then with our 2nd round pick try for guys like Greg Hardy, Briand Cushing....

Either way any combination of NT, LB, CB/WR (bpa) on the first day would be great.

My Dream Scenario
    1st - BJ Raji NT Boston College
    2nd - Greg Hardy DE/OLB Ole Miss
    2nd - Ramses Barden WR Cal Poly
    3rd - Domonique Johnson CB Jackston St

The only two guys who could be available who I would select over Raji , would be Brandon Spikes ILB Florida, Clint Sintim DE/OLB Virginia...

31. zach8111

zach8111 Pro Bowler

there is a lot of pass rushers that will be around our 26th pick... that is why i believe we take LB with our first pick unless a big talent in another position falls t0 us

32. fullerboy1

fullerboy1 Starter

I think Hardy would be great for our D but after Indy, he might not be there for us, he has the potential to be a monster in our 3-4 system.

33. zach8111

zach8111 Pro Bowler

i like clint sintim and hardy