Wanted Pass Rushers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanted Pass Rushers

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Dolfans

I feel miami needs another Pass rusher opposite Porter(ala the steelers with Harrison & Woodley) so what I'd like is for all dolfans to post their choice for the OLB to play along with Porter.

List your qb eating werewolf on wheels sack monsters please.

My choice is split between
Everritt Brown FSU or George Selvie USF

I would love for us to pick up a big play pass rusher early, but as I look right now, Orakpo isn't going to fall to us. Not to sure about Selvie....??? Michael Johnson doesn't seem to impress me much, watched a few games and he didn't flash out as a guy that could be a dominate pass rusher. I think where we're picking in this draft our best value might be on either the OL or DL. Both are needs as well. Also throw in Cushing, when and if he can stay healthy, he's a very good player.

I feel Selvie, Brown, Orakpo, and maybe even Cushing will be gone by the time we pick. As of right now my pick would be:

Greg Hardy or Connor Barwin

But I think we should go NT with the 1st pick.

i say we pick up Karlos Dansby or Terrell Suggs making it a lesser need, allowing us to draft BPA or a DB if we don't address that too in FA

Why does he just have to be a pass rusher? Can't he also be able to play the run as well as rush the passer?

I vote for Sintim. He can do both.

George Selvie please Parcells,i remember we passed on Justin Tuck for Roth a few years ago and was sick to my stomach and Tuck has become a star DE.

I seem to have a good eye for this.:unsure:

Probably Cushing moreso than Selvie, who might be a little undersized to be a DE in this system and a little too rough in pursuit/coverage to play standing up in it. He's better suited to being the edge rusher in 4-3 scheme.

One of the problems with running the 3-4 is that there's very specific needs involved in picking guys for your front seven.

I'd target guys like Clint Sintim, Larry English, Philip Hunt, Corey Wootten (depending on his injury) Brandon Spikes (yes I think he can convert), Pannel Egboh, Conner Barwin.

Also, if something goes crazy with the Chargers, I know they've said before that they don't have any current intentions on re-signing Shawn Merriman after his contract is up after the 2009 season, but if he is indeed released, or made available via trade (meaning San Diego doesn't want to hold his cap # and is happy with Jyles Tucker) and his knee checks out...I have a hunch Miami will be in the mix. After all, Parcells wanted Merriman instead of Ware in the 2005 draft, and Jones and Ireland talked him out of it.

Just my own personal hunch, but it might rectify an old wrong in Parcell's book. He'd also be a welcome talent at SOLB. Again, just my own personal hunch, nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom