Warning points for this? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Warning points for this?

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=2457893

Infinsible:

warning for antagonism....telling somebody else " It's actually pretty funny that you don't get it.

How is that antagonism? Did you guys even know what my "warning point getting" post was about?

What Robfin "didn't get" was that it was a joke.

The PoFo was flooded with Al Gore posts by Blitz, so I started 3 Al Gore posts as the counter. I was commenting on how it was funny that He didn't get it. Warning points?

Funny thing is that the only people bothered by this is the mods, and one poster. That poster must have alot of clout.

That poster goes on ignore for good.

This is an example of what you have brought on yourself. Normally we would give much more leeway for something like this but, you have given us no choice with your constant antgonism towards other members.

this is a last resort to accomplish what we have been working for months to accomplish, and that is to get the poFo under control and stop the constant bickering and personal attacks.

You have not been singled out for this either, the same warning has been issued to other members, and for those that didn't get one, please take note....

inFINSible said:
This is an example of what you have brought on yourself. Normally we would give much more leeway for something like this but, you have given us no choice with your constant antgonism towards other members.
this is a last resort to accomplish what we have been working for months to accomplish, and that is to get the poFo under control and stop the constant bickering and personal attacks.

You have not been singled out for this either, the same warning has been issued to other members, and for those that didn't get one, please take note....

I understand what you are trying to do. I understand your position. What I disagree with and dissapprove with is the part I bolded.

I am a respected poster in these forums and have had one problem with one poster, and even then I still communicate with him about other things amicably.

I do not agree with your Characterization of me. it is insulting.

Now this:

Aren't you going a little too far Infins?

warning for antagonism and namecalling...."Don't be a Dem Homer Alex. :wink: " He may have meant it as a joke to Alex but, he knew it would get a rise out of somebody......

That was an inside joke between me and Alex that he even acknowledged in the same thread.

inFINSible said:

I hope it may be instructive to explore this a bit. What have you been working for months to accomplish?

It has been my perception that the goal is to improve civility. It's nice when we can be familiar with one another in the course of debate, but familiarity sometimes breeds contempt. The problem is that contempt doesn't do anybody good. Am I on the right track here?

It's my hope that it's not too late for anybody to "come to Jesus" on this matter and to choose to either ignore people who inflame them or decide to argue only the issues and not the people.

What I'm doing is putting and end to months of negotiation with you and others in the PoFo.

You keep reporting other people's posts when, in the grand scheme of things, it's your inflammatory posts that contribute to the problems that you continually report.

Since we're doing this in public, everyone needs to know that this is not a staff member having a bad day, this is the result of month after frustrating month of having to deal with section126 and others in the PoFo who will not stop fighting with each other....this is not a decison that we have made lightly and this will not effect anyone but the ones we have determined to be the root cause of the problems we have been trying to solve.

I'm sorry if, it seems a bit heavy handed but, it's time to put our foot down. It's not fair to members who can and do use the political forum as a free exchange of opinions and who don't belittle and antagonize other members who don't share their opinions.

We owe everyone an environment where they don't have to be attacked at every opportunity by someone who's sole purpose it seems is to cause conflict and be a part in it.

Jimmy James said:
I hope it may be instructive to explore this a bit. What have you been working for months to accomplish?

It has been my perception that the goal is to improve civility. It's nice when we can be familiar with one another in the course of debate, but familiarity sometimes breeds contempt. The problem is that contempt doesn't do anybody good. Am I on the right track here?

It's my hope that it's not too late for anybody to "come to Jesus" on this matter and to choose to either ignore people who inflame them or decide to argue only the issues and not the people.
It is definately NOT too late...but it's getting dark.

This is mainly and issue involving Section126 and another member, that has generated literally 100 post reports bewteen the two of them.....we have begged, pleaded, and cajoled the two of them for months to stop the constant bickering. We have even made them put each other on ignore but, it still goes on day after day....

What I'm doing now, is putting out a mighty big wake up call, it's over and done with....one or both are either going to stop, or they will not be allowed here anymore.

inFINSible said:
What I'm doing is putting and end to months of negotiation with you and others in the PoFo.

You keep reporting other people's posts when, in the grand scheme of things, it's your inflammatory posts that contribute to the problems that you continually report.

Since we're doing this in public, everyone needs to know that this is not a staff member having a bad day, this is the result of month after frustrating month of having to deal with section126 and others in the PoFo who will not stop fighting with each other....this is not a decison that we have made lightly and this will not effect anyone but the ones we have determined to be the root cause of the problems we have been trying to solve.

I'm sorry if, it seems a bit heavy handed but, it's time to put our foot down. It's not fair to members who can and do use the political forum as a free exchange of opinions and who don't belittle and antagonize other members who don't share their opinions.

We owe everyone an environment where they don't have to be attacked at every opportunity by someone who's sole purpose it seems is to cause conflict and be a part in it.

I completely disagree with this characterization of me. I have done no such thing. I was told by WildBill to report every instance of name calling in the PoFo and I have done exactly that. There is one poster I have had a problem with, and I don't believe that constitutes or warrants the characterization that you put forth about me. You are making me out to be this monster, while nobody on these forums would agree with you. Except maybe one, and I don't think he would either.

heavy Handed? yeah, i would say so..warning points for fun?

I got your point..I will put him on ignore.

If you meant "point", fine, I sincerely hope it does end here.

you guys have got to understand that we have to deal with this EVERY day from one or the other of you....Is it completely unfair to insist that after all this time, it stop?

C'mon, you're both stubborn as all get out, but, neither of you is dumb by any strecth of the imagination. Stop playing games with us and each other.

We're ALL being insulted with this situation, you guys for being treated like children and us because you think we're too stupid to understand your veiled insults to each other.

If it stopped now, you'd only hear crickets from my direction.

inFINSible said:
If you meant "point", fine, I sincerely hope it does end here.

you guys have got to understand that we have to deal with this EVERY day from one or the other of you....Is it completely unfair to insist that after all this time, it stop?

C'mon, you're both stubborn as all get out, but, neither of you is dumb by any strecth of the imagination. Stop playing games with us and each other.

We're ALL being insulted with this situation, you guys for being treated like children and us because you think we're too stupid to understand your veiled insults to each other.

If it stopped now, you'd only hear crickets from my direction.

I got that..that is why I am putting him on ignore permantently..It was a big mistake to take him off.

What I was really getting at was the warning points for fun thing...I don't think i warrant them considering the circumstances. (the two instances) If you want to give me a couple of warning points for digging up that "context" issue then I could understand. But throwing around warning points "for fun" is a bit much.

I'll take away the second warning but, please, don't make me regret it.

Back
Top Bottom