Warning system | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Warning system

nevadadolfan

You my boy Blue!
Reaction score
Hi, I just had a question about the "warning system" ...what is it? sorry if it is explained already somewere, but I just saw it on my posts and nobody else seems to have it. thanks.

Everybody has their own. You can't see anyone else's to prevent some of the more vindictive members from trying to bait endangered members into taking the final leap into bandom. There's a whole set of rules and regulations and how many points each one racks up...someone will dig up the thread for you. Just be civilized and you won't have a problem.

I have a question...why can't I ever get a response from a moderator/admin on these boards. I'm sorry, but it is highly annoying. Yes, it's "your" board but IMO it's frustrating whenever I have a question or concern it gets ignored. I am fully aware that most admins/mods find their belief structure to be always right, but a little common courtesy in a reply is would be nice. Not all my PMs have been whiny or complaining about punishment either. In fact, I try to make them maturely stated so as to not get the typical internet forum admin/mod response.

However, my latest was to WildBill about this warning I got for "language" in a thread. I maturely and honestly asked what the offense was because I did not recall stepping outside the boundary nor when I recalled the post link did it show any offense. Nor was the post edited out. If I said something that to me was not bad, but may be wrong here, I'd simply like to know so as to not do it again. However, I honestly think someone hit the wrong button. This was the post from the reference, and it has not been edited. If there was a mistake, which I understand things happen because there are many folks here, please change my warning back to zero.
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=2064839&postcount=7

Yes, apparently there was something edited out of that post....something about " Jeff Fischer is bathing his ball**** so much it's screaming smokescreen."

Sorry but, the warning points were warranted, I cannot take them away.

inFINSible said:
Yes, apparently there was something edited out of that post....something about " Jeff Fischer is bathing his ball**** so much it's screaming smokescreen."

Sorry but, the warning points were warranted, I cannot take them away.
Fair enough, I did not recall that and on my screen it showed no editing (most forum software puts a small italicized edit tag even if the mod does not do it manually). I now fully accept the warning. I appreciate the reply.

I will say for future purpose though that my complaint about PM replies still holds true. (NOTE: I really have only sent a couple, but each time they get ignored, therefore I thought this was time to be brought to attention). Perhaps a different management allocation strategy for reply PMs needs to be handled if the requests on mods/admins are too heavy to reply.

Schleprock said:
Fair enough, I did not recall that and on my screen it showed no editing (most forum software puts a small italicized edit tag even if the mod does not do it manually). I now fully accept the warning. I appreciate the reply.

I will say for future purpose though that my complaint about PM replies still holds true. (NOTE: I really have only sent a couple, but each time they get ignored, therefore I thought this was time to be brought to attention). Perhaps a different management allocation strategy for reply PMs needs to be handled if the requests on mods/admins are too heavy to reply.
I don't have any PMs from you. :dunno:

inFINSible said:
I don't have any PMs from you. :dunno:
no, none were to you. I dont' have a running list of what, when, where, who...only this last one which I recall due to it being recent and the backbreaker for me.

Warning has an expiration to it Alex22, look at the warning.

inFINSible said:

What a joke. Some of these "new and improved" rules are totally outlandish....

This new "points system" should go over real well too. You guys must have a real braintrust at work up there coming up with that idea. I'm sure the members here will quickly embrace the idea of recieving "punishment points"{and that's what they really are}, for doing nothing more than bringing fun and interesting football discussion to the table...

Greart job guys. What use to be a fun and enjoyable place, {where you use to be able to have an opinion without getting banned}, into a "posting prison" filled with corruption....

It's almost become a Republican way of life over here these days. I'm just wondering how many "warning points" I'm going to get for this little rant. Should I beg for mercy, and pray that the Finheaven GODS up there may show some true compassion, and spare my posting soul as a result???..

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
What a joke. Some of these "new and improved" rules are totally outlandish....

This new "points system" should go over real well too. You guys must have a real braintrust at work up there coming up with that idea. I'm sure the members here will quickly embrace the idea of recieving "punishment points"{and that's what they really are}, for doing nothing more than bringing fun and interesting football discussion to the table...

Greart job guys. What use to be a fun and enjoyable place, {where you use to be able to have an opinion without getting banned}, into a "posting prison" filled with corruption....

It's almost become a Republican way of life over here these days. I'm just wondering how many "warning points" I'm going to get for this little rant. Should I beg for mercy, and pray that the Finheaven GODS up there may show some true compassion, and spare my posting soul as a result???..

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom