Washington CB Sidney Jones suffered torn Achilles at pro day.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Washington CB Sidney Jones suffered torn Achilles at pro day....

I could see him still going in the second round he looks like the ideal NFL corner. I think he would be a good pick still. Investment pick next year we cut Maxwell and already have his replacement

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Gotta feel for him though that's horrible

I could see him still going in the second round he looks like the ideal NFL corner. I think he would be a good pick still. Investment pick next year we cut Maxwell and already have his replacement

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Gotta feel for him though that's horrible

Another post about cutting Maxwell. Best cover guy on the team, but let's cut him. Smh

So now comes the guessing game for all NFL teams. How long can you hold out before drafting a top tier CB that you have to put on the shelf for at least 1 year? A lot of people will say 3rd, but he'll never make it that far. Somewhere in the 2nd is most likely because you will have few teams that don't have a ton of needs and can shelf a guy in the 2nd for a top CB the year after. I think a 1st round pick (even at the end) is still a big risk for most teams, so when in the second does it make sense? And do we have that kind of luxury to do that with all the holes we still have??? Probably not unless we trade back in the first (our out of) and pick up another 2nd and other picks. Then I'd consider it, as top tier CB's are hard to find!!!

Wouldn't risk a 2nd but I would have to give a hard think if he is still there when our 3rd round comp pick comes up.

Isn't that a risky injury to come back from in the nfl?

Poor kid. Isn't that the same injury Cam Wake had and came back from?

If so you would have to think a 21 year old kid can do it. If still there in the 2nd depending on the board I would have no issues taking him and red shorting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor kid. Isn't that the same injury Cam Wake had and came back from?

If so you would have to think a 21 year old kid can do it. If still there in the 2nd depending on the board I would have no issues taking him and red shorting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Cam had it and Grimes came off that injury right before we got him. Should be able to come back nearly full speed if he rehabs correctly. I'd be tempted as well to use a 2nd on him depending on how the draft plays out before that.

It's situations like this that I'm ok with signing old players. I could see drafting a Jones in the 3rd round but signing a solid older player to hold down the job in 2017.

Poor guy! Imagine getting into an extremely serious car accident right before the most important job interview of your life.

He would be off my board until Day 3. Achilles injuries are really bad. Some guys never return and the ones who do usually aren't as explosive as they were pre-injury. With how deep this draft is, as well as the limited picks we have, i can't see spending anything earlier than Day 3 on a guy that won't play until 2018.

That sucks. I feel horrible for the kid.

He was my very favorite CB coming out this year, numero uno. He is like Marcus Peters without the baggage. We have three 5th rounders. I doubt he drops that far, but on the off chance he does, I'd take him with the first one. As many have said, he's definitely worth considering with the 3rd rounder.

There is too much talent in this draft to take him at 54 though ... I just can't see that happening.

Back
Top Bottom