Washington Post:Jay Cutler and the Dolphins’ offense look like a pretty good fit, so far | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Washington Post:Jay Cutler and the Dolphins’ offense look like a pretty good fit, so far

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
imrs.php

Jay Cutler’s decision to push back retirement for at least one more year appears to be paying off, giving the Miami Dolphins a capable replacement after losing quarterback Ryan Tannehill to a torn anterior cruciate ligament in training camp.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...retty-good-fit-so-far/?utm_term=.d03cf47a285c

Thank the old gods and the new for Adam Gase. Could you imagine what this season would be like with Philbin as coach, an injured Tannehill, and Moore at QB? Lmfao

I couldn't even imagine a healthy Tannehill with Philbin as a coach :-)

I particularly liked those graphs. The zonal chart for Cutler was telling. Those short wide passes were not nearly good enough for him last year, as that's a major component of this offense. But, everywhere else he looked productive.

The graph of our opponents pass defense efficiency looked promising. All three AFC East defenses look poor at defending the pass, along with the Saints, Titans, Raiders and Falcons. Hopefully that proves to be true.

Placement needs to be better for rac. Probably why the underneath numbers for cutler are low

Not stepping into throws effects more than just velocity

Heard cutler say he learned the offense in chi town under gase with fast tempo at practice. Didn't play with it in games.

Hmm.

Refreshing new insight, thanks for posting.

A tale of two quarterbacks. I don't mind the more risky Cutler when the payoff with this collection of playmakers are long touchdowns. Give me one of those 72 yard Parker plays a week and I'll see you in the playoffs.

Hopefully the team stays engaged and hungry to improve their craft. Extrapolating from this article, this could be a top 15 offense this year considering the pass-defenses we play.

LMAO at having the Patriots and Falcons in the bottom half of the league for SOS pass defense for this year. Both units will be very good.

Heard cutler say he learned the offense in chi town under gase with fast tempo at practice. Didn't play with it in games.

Hmm.

C'mon man, you know it takes more than just the coach and QB to run an offense with a high degree of tempo variance.

Back
Top Bottom