Watch out: Something just clicked for Miami Dolphins DE Charles Harris | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch out: Something just clicked for Miami Dolphins DE Charles Harris

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
harris1.jpg

It takes a lot to irritate Dolphins defensive end Charles Harris, an irrepressibly upbeat guy who has taken every typical rookie frustration with stride.
But one thing is starting to irritate him. He came here to pile up sacks can’t get over the fact that he has yet to get one as the team heads into its fourth preseason game. He’s been getting in his own way a bit, slowing himself down by overthinking, and he’s ready to break free from that Thursday at Minnesota.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...clicked-for-miami-dolphins-de-charles-harris/

Too early to get upset. He us no longer far more explosive than the guy accross from him. That takes some getting used to for a lot of rookies. Everyone is longer, quicker and much better technicians than in college. No more exploiting poor players. And in the NFL, they are much stronger physically, which is his weakness. He isn't used to going against grown men. He will adjust in time.

something clicked as in he did something great and looks far more comfortable now?

orrrrr he's mad he hasn't had production in preseason?

:confused: yikes, what an article

Too early to get upset. He us no longer far more explosive than the guy accross from him. That takes some getting used to for a lot of rookies. Everyone is longer, quicker and much better technicians than in college. No more exploiting poor players. And in the NFL, they are much stronger physically, which is his weakness. He isn't used to going against grown men. He will adjust in time.

Well said, I can only imagine the stuff said about Cameron Wake at his age. Let's give him a chance.

I still saw great hustle. A bit unfortunate he wasn't rewarded for it in the stat column but I feel very confident that this isn't Dion Jordan that we are watching.

With Wake, Branch, and Hayes, I think you're going to see Harris purely on third downs and in passing situations. He's not strong enough yet to be relied on as a full-time player. That's what separated him from guys like Taco and Barnett.

With Wake, Branch, and Hayes, I think you're going to see Harris purely on third downs and in passing situations. He's not strong enough yet to be relied on as a full-time player. That's what separated him from guys like Taco and Barnett.
Taco is weak. I don't mean literally, I mean as a prospect

Hope he proves me wrong...will always compare his career with Tacos til the end

Hmm interesting. I think taco is viewed as a 2 year project although he has flashed finish on the qb albeit against 2s which doesn't add up to much if it's against guys that dont play on Sunday's. Still the tools are there: Harris I think given his game is gonna be all about pass rush to validate himself is probably gonna have to produce at a high clip by 2018. If not Miami likely goes back in the draft looking for a win edge rusher. I don't see any way Miami can validate anything there as a 2 down player nor do I see the skill set and game for it.

The bottom line for all these rookie edge rushers and draft picks though is that if you aren't doing it against guys who play on Sundays it's pretty worthless. Some of these guys have to wait their turn others don't and I get that. But it's the play against ones that dictates if you stick or not.

Terence Fede beats up on depth tackles can't sniff the qb vs ones. Waste snaps really in that regard. Just as an example

A good thing for Harris this offseason would be to develop more functional strength. More lead in the pants for a 43 de 250 is light and when you go against strength tackles like a Jason peters or a Trent Williams etc they get hands on you they are gonna man handle you. Try to come in at 260 next season albeit without scraping any of the athlete in the process. A delicate balance. Long term 265 would be an ideal weight again provided the athlete doesn't wither away.

Last edited:
Taco is weak. I don't mean literally, I mean as a prospect
2014 and 2017 we definitely reached to fulfill a need in drafting James and then drafting Harris, both players most likely would have been available in the later rounds.

2014 and 2017 we definitely reached to fulfill a need in drafting James and then drafting Harris, both players most likely would have been available in the later rounds.

How was Harris a need? He was never expected to start. Lamp would've been drafting for need. Or Foster. No, we took him because we thought he was the best value. Go figure. Then again, I believe it was Dallas that wanted Harris, too.

Back
Top Bottom