Watch this Space: Victor Cruz | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch this Space: Victor Cruz

I don't have an issue for a 8-10 Mil contract for Cruz.

But I thought the tender about was just a 1st round pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01/2013-nfl-restricted-free-agent-tender-amounts-announced/

I would prefer to let Hartline walk and use the 4-5 mil for him to go towards securing Bowe and Cruz. We would not have a 1st, but would have two very good WR's and we have the ammo to fill in other holes during the draft.

Bowe and Cruz would give Tanny some great targets and keep defenses honest.

Your not getting Cruz for less than 10M per IMO....

plus the picks.

i like Cruz a lot but I'd rather have #12 and Wallace rather than Cruz.

Your not getting Cruz for less than 10M per IMO....

plus the picks.

i like Cruz a lot but I'd rather have #12 and Wallace rather than Cruz.

We all value players differently. I just don't think Wallace is on the same level as Cruz overall. I don't think it would be a 1st and 3rd. I think it is 1st only.

We all value players differently. I just don't think Wallace is on the same level as Cruz overall. I don't think it would be a 1st and 3rd. I think it is 1st only.

Even so (I agree Cruz is better) you in essence are saying Cruz < Wallace, a 1st rounder, and I just do not agree.

You guys are so sure to say Victor Cruz isn't going anywhere, but you all must forget how regularly the Giants switch out receivers each year. Idk but it seems as if each year the Giants draft a receiver in the 3rd or 2nd round, they sometimes even draft 2 and they possibly prepared for the worst with Cruz by drafting Reuben Randle last year. All I'm saying is in the eyes of the Giants, Victor is expendable.

I have no idea where you think one of the best players on their team is expendable. They hold the cards, all of them. They can workout a deal their comfortable with and if doesn't sign he plays under the restricted number. If some crazy team threw an unreal offer they can simply match, and when is the last time a team did that? The G-men once again hold all the cards!

I have no idea where you think one of the best players on their team is expendable. They hold the cards, all of them. They can workout a deal their comfortable with and if doesn't sign he plays under the restricted number. If some crazy team threw an unreal offer they can simply match, and when is the last time a team did that? The G-men once again hold all the cards!

When did I say I think he's expendable? I said in the New York Giants eyes, he is expendable which is fair based on their track record with wide receivers so they're not too ecstatic about spending the big bucks Cruz would demand. And Cruz is definitely worth an unreal offer.

What is interesting and a possible barometer of what Cruz would use as leverage with the Giants is the deal Mike Wallace will get for whoever he signs with. I'm sure he will want to be paid the same or more. This all about timing and Cruz wants to maximize the opportunity of getting a lucrative contract now as opposed to later.

When did I say I think he's expendable? I said in the New York Giants eyes, he is expendable which is fair based on their track record with wide receivers so they're not too ecstatic about spending the big bucks Cruz would demand. And Cruz is definitely worth an unreal offer.

By saying in the Giants eyes he's expendable, that's when!

What track record of letting young great players go does the Giants have? They let M.Manningham go and he's far from anything but a #3 receiver. I just don't see the point your trying to make. V.Cruz will be a NYG for a long time, period.

Maybe Randy Starks for Cruz?

The only way I would ever do that, would be if Starks said he wasn't willing to resign here. I love Cruz, but with the options available in FA and the likeliness that we are Jennings' preferred destination, it's not worth giving up an important piece of our defense.

Not much on bleacherreport articles...

But this does show a list of the 21 free agents the Giants have this offseason. Some great talent that will require some big deals to keep for sure.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-giants-salary-cap-scenario-heading-into-2013

Here is a link to all of their contracts. I'm sure they have some players they can re-do their contracts to help make room to resign their main free agent targets.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/

They are thought to be about 4-5 mil over the cap as it stands and needing to resign some of their 21 free agents and draft picks. This is not an easy feat and some great talent will be playing elsewhere for the Giants. I think Cruz could be one of them b/c of Nicks and company.

He may not sign with Miami, but some team is going to be willing to give up a 1st for his talents. H. Nicks will be a free agent the year after and will get a big contract to stay on the team long term. Miami has an opening and Cruz is worth the 1st round pick and $$$.

The only way I would ever do that, would be if Starks said he wasn't willing to resign here. I love Cruz, but with the options available in FA and the likeliness that we are Jennings' preferred destination, it's not worth giving up an important piece of our defense.

Lol.

A buddy of mine is a G-Men fan and brought this part up. Cruz is a gifted talent but drops a ton of passes. He has a ton of highlight reel plays as well, but for the money he wants it's questionable if it would be worth it. I completely disagree with the theory that WR's are not great to draft high. Baring character concerns I would completely draft one high if they have serious talent. I like the idea that the fins grab one of the free agents; however buyer beware...

If I'm Cruz I'm trying to get paid for what I did while making $550,000 for two years: 2,600yds and 19tds. Damn! (that doesn't include playoffs). And he wasn't even a starter til like halfway through 2011 season. He would be the man in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom