Watching Brandon Marshall snag balls should make Dolphins fans long for season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching Brandon Marshall snag balls should make Dolphins fans long for season

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
DAVIE — The footballs came spinning out of a machine in the June midday heat of a steamy South Florida afternoon.
Brandon Marshall stood 10 yards from the contraption with a large wastebasket next to him. The Dolphins' practice session in which Marshall hadn't participated due to recent hip surgery was done. He was alone in an end zone of a practice field - save for a team staffer feeding the footballs into the mechanism.
Marshall would position himself to receive the ball coming from his left side, catch it and dump it into the wastebasket. He'd repeat the process from his right side or straight on. Every once in a while, Marshall would catch a ball one-armed in the crook of his elbow. The wastebasket would fill after a couple of dozen footballs had been dropped into it.
Marshall would frequently call for the machine to be adjusted for angle of delivery. He'd catch throws low and high. But the amazing aspect of the exercise was when Marshall would reach out and make a one-handed catch. Left. Right. Didn't matter.
Pt!! The football would hiss through the air.
mp!! Marshall would stab it to a halt.
He almost never missed.
OK, OK, he was in shorts and a sweatshirt. There were no defenders. He didn't have to time a cut. But it was an impressive 15 minutes of surreptitious study of the man who comes to the Dolphins as their Great Bright Hope.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...s-should-make-727908.html?cxtype=rss_dolphins

Nice!! Can't wait to see him this season. And, have him on my fantasy team!

Too bad that hip surgery and thuggery will keep him from playing for the rest of his career...

... pretty sure that was sarcasm (from the PFT article)

"It's like he's got the secret code underneath his pants. He pulls it out and he's got the list of plays.""

Lol.

I mean looking back at it, you have to hope Marshall is the BEAST he was in Denver. We could of had Dez Bryant and probably still had Misi . . . and our #2 next year. Hell we maybe could have gotten another #2, Dez Bryant, Misi and still had our pick for next year. But then again, its not fair to compare Marshall to Bryant, as Marshall is proven and Dez is not, so it balances out (plus we would of had to trade above Dallas in the first round to secure Dez).

Marshall is gonna get his, but I am really intrigued about how this effects Bess, Hartline and Camarillo. Those are guys who were asked to be #1 options during the previous 2 years, and now all of the pressure is off. I think allowing Bess to really work the slot and Hartline with a good combo of size and speed on the outside and a clutch Camarillo as a possession guy and chain mover should really excite ALL Dolphin fans. If Fasano reverts back to 2008 form looking for a contract extension . . . this passing game could really be something to watch.

We definitely will find out if Henne is the guy this year. I think he is, but I need to see more as does everybody else.

Back
Top Bottom