Watching the D and O-line play so far shows you can't judge to much from preseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching the D and O-line play so far shows you can't judge to much from preseason

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
Remember during the preseason, reading how awful the O-line is (some calling Martin a bust already) or how bad the D looked, and what is wrong with our running game. Well 3 weeks in we are one of the best running teams in the league and allowed no sacks vs a solid Jets D. Plus our D is one the best in the league against the run (granted we are struggling against the pass). I think it's confirmation how people overreact in the preseason. Not to mention we were a FG away from being 2-1 and tied for first in the AFC East.

Another good example is the team we are playing Sunday, The Cardinals were 1-4 (played in HOF game) and I watched them play twice and they looked awful but look at them now they are 3-0 and they beat 3 good teams. Hoping after this weekend they are 3-1!

I believe in the Fins and the direction we are going so I am excited to see how this season will unravel for us.

True - I don't know how we put 35 on the Raiders but I could live with our 29th ranked pass defense if we could just be more consistent in the red zone.

We can then draft a WR and some CB's high next year (rounds 1-3).

I judged in the preseason that the DB's and receivers were terrible so you can tell somethings from the preseason.

I judged in the preseason that the DB's and receivers were terrible so you can tell somethings from the preseason.

I would somewhat agree with that, although the addition of Hartline injury free has helped (not saying he's a superstar). What I was trying to point out is how some people on here may have overreacted to the preseason, seriously people were saying how Martin was a bust and Jerry should be cut, Vernon is terrible who seems tobe playing decent on ST as well. Granted there is still 13 more games so it may prove to be true but I think we will maintain the success we are having and only get better.

The preseason is a good way to judge depth not starters...That's basically what I have figured out. (Just my 2 cents)

Marshall and Smith are not terrible. They are average.

It's our LBs (Dansby and Burnett) and Safties who have been getting torched.

Opposing TEs & RBs receiving yards: 428
Opposing WRs receiving yards: 501

We still can't cover a TE to save our life.

Sean Smith has been strong this year.

He is only allowing 30% of passes (thrown to his man) completed and is allowing less than one yard (0.77) per coverage snap (thanks to @ckparrot for that stat).

Back
Top Bottom