We are now at # 7 in the draft order | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are now at # 7 in the draft order

Rugby

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that we have moved to # 7 from # 8 even though we won. Its all about SOS and whoever (I forget who) was behind us their SOS moved up this week and ours down (because we played a losing team).

Just heard on the radio that we have moved to # 7 from # 8 even though we won. Its all about SOS and whoever (I forget who) was behind us their SOS moved up this week and ours down (because we played a losing team).

Does anyone have the first 10-15 picks or so?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

1. Indianapolis (1-13)
  2. Minnesota (2-12)
  3. St. Louis (2-12)
  4. Jacksonville (4-10)
  5. Cleveland (4-10)
  6. Tampa Bay (4-10)
  7. Washington (5-9)
  8. Carolina (5-9)
  9. Miami (5-9)
  10. Buffalo (5-9)
  11. Philadelphia (6-8)
  12. Kansas City (6-8)
  13. Tennessee (7-7)
  14. Arizona (7-7)
  15. Seattle (7-7)
  16. San Diego (7-7)
  17. Cincinnati - from Oakland (7-7)
  18. Chicago (7-7)
  19. Dallas (8-6)
  20. Cincinnati (8-6)
  21. New York Jets* (8-6)
  22. Cleveland - from Atlanta* (9-5)
  23. Detroit* (9-5)
  24. Houston* (10-4)
  25. New York Giants* (7-7)
  26. Denver* (8-6)
  27. Pittsburgh* (10-4)
  28. San Francisco* (11-3)
  29. Baltimore* (10-4)
  30. New England - from New Orleans* (11-3)
  31. New England* (11-3)
  32. Green Bay* (13-1)

We will definitely have to trade up. Indy and Washington are 100% taking QB's and we should be weary that Cleveland may take one. Im also starting to think Jags could take on too. The top 10 are cluttered with teams that could go QB. We need to lose out!

What do the asterisks mean on the bottom teams?
  1. Indianapolis (1-13)
  2. Minnesota (2-12)
  3. St. Louis (2-12)
  4. Jacksonville (4-10)
  5. Cleveland (4-10)
  6. Tampa Bay (4-10)
  7. Washington (5-9)
  8. Carolina (5-9)
  9. Miami (5-9)
  10. Buffalo (5-9)
  11. Philadelphia (6-8)
  12. Kansas City (6-8)
  13. Tennessee (7-7)
  14. Arizona (7-7)
  15. Seattle (7-7)
  16. San Diego (7-7)
  17. Cincinnati - from Oakland (7-7)
  18. Chicago (7-7)
  19. Dallas (8-6)
  20. Cincinnati (8-6)
  21. New York Jets* (8-6)
  22. Cleveland - from Atlanta* (9-5)
  23. Detroit* (9-5)
  24. Houston* (10-4)
  25. New York Giants* (7-7)
  26. Denver* (8-6)
  27. Pittsburgh* (10-4)
  28. San Francisco* (11-3)
  29. Baltimore* (10-4)
  30. New England - from New Orleans* (11-3)
  31. New England* (11-3)
  32. Green Bay* (13-1)

i don't think this is accurate rugby...truths got a thread in the draft forum with current picks...and we're #9...

I mentioned the buffalo thing about beating them twice and was told that head to head is irrelevant, its based solely on SOS

I'll guess its because they are the playoff teams so the order isn't confirmed yet just those teams will be picking between 21 and 32 (depending on who wins the wildcards, divisionals, conferences etc.)

We will definitely have to trade up. Indy and Washington are 100% taking QB's and we should be weary that Cleveland may take one. Im also starting to think Jags could take on too. The top 10 are cluttered with teams that could go QB. We need to lose out!

I believe final order is determined by playoff results

the win sunday pretty much means we're done getting into the top 5 pick wise...

Minnesota, St. Louis, Tampa, Jacksonville and Carolina won't be picking QBs. I highly doubt Cleveland will either; they seem content with McCoy. The only teams we'd have to worry about are Indy and Washington; then again Dan Snyder is not the smartest guy in the world so who's to say the Redskins will be smart enough to pick a QB? Our final 2 games are losses I think (and hope, so we can get our franchise QB FINALLY), so we should be able to get ahead of Washington in the draft.

There is also no sure proof that Indy will select a QB since Manning still has 2-3 good years left, and if they do how do you know its going to be Luck? What if Barkley and Griffin shine at the pro days? Indy could select Tannehill or Weeden in the 2nd round and groom him under Manning for 2-3 years for all we know.

Regardless, if all 3 QBs come out we will be high enough to get one of them and I'd be ECSTATIC with either Luck, Barkley or Griffin. They're all good to me.

the win sunday pretty much means we're done getting into the top 5 pick wise...

We are probably gonna end up with the 7 or 8 pick if we lose out with a slim chance of getting the 6th.

These are the 3 teams that we can gain a draft pick on and what they would need to do.

The Fins are gonna gain a draft pick no matter who wins between the Bucs and Carolina. The Bucs are 4-10 but have a much higher SOS than the fins and the Panthers are 5-11. This game automatically moves us into the 8 spot. The Bucs play Atlanta the last week of the season and Carolina plays the Saints so the chances for anymore wins from either team probably ends after this week.

Washington, who currently picks 7th and has 5 wins, would have to beat the Vikings this week as they play them and Philly next week. This would gain another spot.

Jacksonville would then have to beat Tennessee this week or Indy the final week of the season and we would have to hope our SOS is lower than theirs. This would gain another spot but is unlikely.

We could however, also lose a spot if Buffalo's SOS falls below our. The fins need Cleveland and (play Baltimore and Pitt) Houston (play Indy and Tennesse) to lose and Cincinatti (play St Loius and Zona) and Tennesse (play Jacksonville and Houston) to win. I don't see us losing a spot to Buffalo this way but there is a slight chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
But this is all assuming that the Dolphins lose out. The Jets-Dolphins game is essentially a toss-up. The Jets will likely need the game to ensure a wildcard and the Dolphins will treat it like their Superbowl if given the opportunity to knock the Jets out of the playoffs.

We are probably gonna end up with the 7 or 8 pick if we lose out with a slim chance of getting the 6th.

These are the 3 teams that we can gain a draft pick on and what they would need to do.

The Fins are gonna gain a draft pick no matter who wins between the Bucs and Carolina. The Bucs are 4-10 but have a much higher SOS than the fins and the Panthers are 5-11. This game automatically moves us into the 8 spot. The Bucs play Atlanta the last week of the season and Carolina plays the Saints so the chances for anymore wins from either team probably ends after this week.

Washington, who currently picks 7th and has 5 wins, would have to beat the Vikings this week as they play them and Philly next week. This would gain another spot.

Jacksonville would then have to beat Tennessee this week or Indy the final week of the season and we would have to hope our SOS is lower than theirs. This would gain another spot but is unlikely.

We could however, also lose a spot if Buffalo's SOS falls below our. The fins need Cleveland and (play Baltimore and Pitt) Houston (play Indy and Tennesse) to lose and Cincinatti (play St Loius and Zona) and Tennesse (play Jacksonville and Houston) to win. I don't see us losing a spot to Buffalo this way but there is a slight chance.

Back
Top Bottom