We are now at # 7 in the draft order | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are now at # 7 in the draft order

their is a chance that stl may still get the 1 pick and indy can get the 2.

if that was the case, that can improve our chances at trading up. stl is beyond bad, and their games are not even competitive.

their is a very solid chance they will lose out putting them at 2-14. the colts right now are 1-13, but if you look at their final 2 games, its home vs houston, who is obviously better than them, but since they lost schaub, despite being 2-1, they have not exactly looked like world beaters with yates at qb, and then indy goes to jax.

is it likely? no. possible? yes. thatd be the best case scenario for us.

Devestating win for us last Sunday . . .we better pray that Barkley and RG3 both declare or we aren't going to get a franchise QB this draft either.

their is a chance that stl may still get the 1 pick and indy can get the 2.

if that was the case, that can improve our chances at trading up. stl is beyond bad, and their games are not even competitive.

their is a very solid chance they will lose out putting them at 2-14. the colts right now are 1-13, but if you look at their final 2 games, its home vs houston, who is obviously better than them, but since they lost schaub, despite being 2-1, they have not exactly looked like world beaters with yates at qb, and then indy goes to jax.

is it likely? no. possible? yes. thatd be the best case scenario for us.
No chance if both end up with just 2 wins. St. Louis' SOS is by far the strongest in the NFL, they've had a brutal schedule this year. Best case would be we lose out and Jax wins the last two dropping them below us in the draft order.

We will definitely have to trade up. Indy and Washington are 100% taking QB's and we should be weary that Cleveland may take one. Im also starting to think Jags could take on too. The top 10 are cluttered with teams that could go QB. We need to lose out!

What do the asterisks mean on the bottom teams?

I agree about Indy and Washington but def not about the Jags. I don't think a team has ever picked QB's in the top 10 in back to back drafts in NFL history and I just don't believe it will happen now either. Cleveland is more of a possibility to take a QB than Jacksonville and they seem to like Mccoy so I think we're ok if the order doesn't change. This of course is assuming all 3 QB's come out of college, if only two of them do then forget about drafting a QB in the 1st round. Although I will say this... I have seen teams that desperately needed a QB pass on one in the 1st round many many times so you never know...

Lets not forget Buffalo. If they get ahead of us, I think they'll take a QB too. Right now I'd put money on them finishing above us in the draft.

No chance if both end up with just 2 wins. St. Louis' SOS is by far the strongest in the NFL, they've had a brutal schedule this year. Best case would be we lose out and Jax wins the last two dropping them below us in the draft order.
i agree. i said that indy would need to win out, which as much as that is asking for, for a team that has 1 win the whole year, if u look at their opponents, this week vs houston in indy, with houston starting a 3rd stringer and having not looked as good the past few weeks since schaub went down, and then they play a woeful jags team, its not inconceivable. i never said likely, its the best chance of us being able to trade up/

Just seen on ESPN, MIA is #9 in draft order as of right now.

There is zero chance buffalo takes a qb! They just paid Fitzpatrick WAY too much money

I heard Polian on NFL radio today at around 11:30. He basically said the Colts will NOT trade out (he said that pretty direct) also he said they will D-Bo Luck if they have to. They don't care if Luck wants to sit or not. So sad to see Luck become a Colt but life must go on. Even with Luck for a while the Colts will be an incomplete team so whatever they can continue to suck with Luck on a bench if they want.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Lets not forget Buffalo. If they get ahead of us, I think they'll take a QB too. Right now I'd put money on them finishing above us in the draft.
If we end up with the same record it's going to be tight. We played Cleveland (4-10) and Houston (10-4) and they played Cincinnati (8-6) and Tennessee (7-7)...essentially one game separates us in the draft order, 14-14 vs 15-13.

Right now Miami is #9 but if we lose out then we are guaranteed to be at least in the #8 spot. That's because Carolina and Tampa have to play each other and the winner will automatically end up below us, either by virtue of total record (Carolina) or by virtua of Strength of Schedule (Tampa).

I predict that when all is said and done, Miami will be picking #7 overall.

Back
Top Bottom